DDR3 are here!

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
But since it will not be on the mainstream for a while, it would be too expensive for the consumers, even for the most enthusiasts. Further more fewer motherboard will be produce that supports this new module on the mean time. DDR2 is now the mainstream for desktop users and gaming with ever increasing performance and hopefully lower price range.

Read on

I think the momery/ram industry are getting way ahead of the pack.

Edited. Pics.

diabloazul126

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think there will be that much of a performance gain, it just raises the clock ceiling by a bit and lowers the default voltages by .4 or something. More of an evolution of DDR2.. as far as specs are concerned. I'm sure there might be some more amazing aspects to DDR3 that are beyond my comprehension of the matter though, I'll leave that to the super tech people.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
As far as I know Intel will be the first to rake out chipsets supporting the DDR3 modules. This year will be DDR3 initial appearance but it won't be popular in the block. The DDR2 market is still demanding more income as desktop users uses them mostly. Hopefully we'll see some gaming DDR3 motherboard before the end of this year and to replace the DDR2 in high-performance mainstream by 2008. As far as performance over the DDR2, that is still somewhat in the dark as first DDR3 are the "regular" version. The high performance DDR3 should be shelling out mid next year, I hope, once DDR3 platforms would become more appealing to consumers.

TRENDING THREADS