Checksum error

Has anyone else encountered a stubborn checksum error with this morning's
small patch? It starts to apply, generates a checksum warning, asks to
verify all files... repeat. I've done all the usual things including
rebooting; no soap. I have a Q in to customer support, but...

Also, am I correct in thinking that nothing on my local installation
matters much? That everything about my alts and account is online, and what
I have here is just a (very large and complex) dumb client? If I blow it
away and reinstall (and then wait for the updating to happen), I won't lose
anything?

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > Has anyone else encountered a stubborn checksum error with this
    morning's
    > small patch? It starts to apply, generates a checksum warning, asks
    > verify all files... repeat. I've done all the usual things including
    > rebooting; no soap. I have a Q in to customer support, but...

    I read something about an extended server maintenance this morning.
    Maybe a fix is in the works.

    > Also, am I correct in thinking that nothing on my local installation
    > matters much? That everything about my alts and account is online,
    and what
    > I have here is just a (very large and complex) dumb client? If I blow
    it
    > away and reinstall (and then wait for the updating to happen), I
    won't lose
    > anything?

    I think that would be correct. They would store all character data on
    the servers.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > Also, am I correct in thinking that nothing on my local installation
    > matters much? That everything about my alts and account is online,
    and what
    > I have here is just a (very large and complex) dumb client? If I blow
    it
    > away and reinstall (and then wait for the updating to happen), I
    won't lose
    > anything?

    Thinking about this again: I'm not sure about key-bindings and macros.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I read something about an extended server maintenance this morning.
    > Maybe a fix is in the works.

    Deleted update.lock and the checksum file; put up with it DLing new files
    for a couple, all fixed.

    Got the usual "Send your DxDiag" boilerplate response from Support. :P

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    In article <Xns95F85C74BBCE2nitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > Has anyone else encountered a stubborn checksum error with this
    > morning's small patch? It starts to apply, generates a checksum
    > warning, asks to verify all files... repeat. I've done all the
    > usual things including rebooting; no soap. I have a Q in to
    > customer support, but...

    Delete the Checksum file in your City of Heroes directory.

    Also, make sure none of the files in that directory are Read
    Only, but right-clicking ont he directory City of Heroes and
    unchecking read-only.

    Now try again.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
    These people haven't seen the last of my face. If I go down, I'm

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Has anyone else encountered a stubborn checksum error with this morning's
    >small patch? It starts to apply, generates a checksum warning, asks to
    >verify all files... repeat. I've done all the usual things including
    >rebooting; no soap. I have a Q in to customer support, but...
    >
    >Also, am I correct in thinking that nothing on my local installation
    >matters much? That everything about my alts and account is online, and what
    >I have here is just a (very large and complex) dumb client? If I blow it
    >away and reinstall (and then wait for the updating to happen), I won't lose
    >anything?

    You are correct, it's just a client and supporting graphic/sound files.

    The only things saved locally are your graphic settings (in the
    registry) and any keybinds you have MANUALLY saved with /bindsave or
    /bind_save_file

    Each character has their gui layout, key binds, macros and all other
    preference settings saved on the servers.

    I really wish they'd put in a /gui_save command so I didn't have to move
    everything to where I want it with every new character.
    [main chat top left, trays bottom left, map bottom right, menu top right
    - enhancement tray beside the upper tray, nav window just above that,
    system chat window between nav and insps, combat window beside main chat
    window.] Very non standard and a pain to redo every time.

    Xocyll
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On 9 Feb 2005 09:36:57 -0800, "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Shenanigunner wrote:
    >> Also, am I correct in thinking that nothing on my local installation
    >> matters much? That everything about my alts and account is online,
    >and what
    >> I have here is just a (very large and complex) dumb client? If I blow
    >it
    >> away and reinstall (and then wait for the updating to happen), I
    >won't lose
    >> anything?
    >
    >Thinking about this again: I'm not sure about key-bindings and macros.

    Unless you have binds loading others from your HD, you won't lose
    anything. Your current bind is stored on the server.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    > I really wish they'd put in a /gui_save command so I didn't have to
    > move everything to where I want it with every new character.
    > [main chat top left, trays bottom left, map bottom right, menu top
    > right - enhancement tray beside the upper tray, nav window just above
    > that, system chat window between nav and insps, combat window beside
    > main chat window.] Very non standard and a pain to redo every time.

    Hmm. I run 1600x1200, so I have a ton of screen real estate. What I do
    might not work well for smaller rezzes. I set the window borders to a
    color that harmonizes with the character's coloring, and run at about 85%
    scale and 50% opacity. Bump the chat text size a little, too - 14?

    Map, top left
    Chat stack, bottom left
    Nav, top center
    In a row across the bottom, next to Chat: Powers, Target, Insps,
    Enhancements
    Right across my alt's butt, where I can see it during even the craziest
    battle, Menu bar.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Shenanigunner" <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in message
    | Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    | > I really wish they'd put in a /gui_save command so I didn't have to
    | > move everything to where I want it with every new character.
    | > [main chat top left, trays bottom left, map bottom right, menu top
    | > right - enhancement tray beside the upper tray, nav window just above
    | > that, system chat window between nav and insps, combat window beside
    | > main chat window.] Very non standard and a pain to redo every time.
    |
    | Hmm. I run 1600x1200, so I have a ton of screen real estate. What I do
    | might not work well for smaller rezzes. I set the window borders to a
    | color that harmonizes with the character's coloring, and run at about 85%
    | scale and 50% opacity. Bump the chat text size a little, too - 14?
    |
    | Map, top left
    | Chat stack, bottom left
    | Nav, top center
    | In a row across the bottom, next to Chat: Powers, Target, Insps,
    | Enhancements
    | Right across my alt's butt, where I can see it during even the craziest
    | battle, Menu bar.

    Me, I'd like the option in the OPTIONS menu for swapping the powerbar
    tray arrows on the left-hand side to the right-hand side (I keep the
    powerbar tray on the lower right-hand side of the screen).

    I usually have to leave the circle next to the number empty or I'll end
    up accidentally clicking the number in battle and switching to the next tray
    by mistake. I've submitted it as a suggestion, but so far only have gotten
    the boilerplate response.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >> I really wish they'd put in a /gui_save command so I didn't have to
    >> move everything to where I want it with every new character.
    >> [main chat top left, trays bottom left, map bottom right, menu top
    >> right - enhancement tray beside the upper tray, nav window just above
    >> that, system chat window between nav and insps, combat window beside
    >> main chat window.] Very non standard and a pain to redo every time.
    >
    >Hmm. I run 1600x1200, so I have a ton of screen real estate. What I do
    >might not work well for smaller rezzes. I set the window borders to a
    >color that harmonizes with the character's coloring, and run at about 85%
    >scale and 50% opacity. Bump the chat text size a little, too - 14?

    I tried 14 and it seemed a bit big, but my display is at a lower
    resolution than your. I did bump up to 13 though.

    Both the card and display are capable of 1600x1200, hell they could do
    1920x1440, but I doubt it would be playable since the card is only a
    geforce3. Hrm and I don't think it could have a high enough refresh for
    my needs (under 75 gives me a headache.)

    >Map, top left

    I tried this originally, but found I needed to have the upper screen
    clearer for fighting in caves (and seeing things before they saw me.)
    >Chat stack, bottom left
    Was there when map was on top then I swapped the two.
    Map then got switched with trays when I realized that the netgraph
    display could go over the map and not usually cover any needed info, so
    the trays could be at the bottom on left not raised over netgraph on the
    right.

    >Nav, top center
    >In a row across the bottom, next to Chat: Powers, Target, Insps,
    >Enhancements
    >Right across my alt's butt, where I can see it during even the craziest
    >battle, Menu bar.

    I wouldn't ever want one of the displays in the middle.
    If you really want/need the HP display why don't you turn on that option
    to show them?

    Xocyll
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    > Both the card and display are capable of 1600x1200, hell they could do
    > 1920x1440, but I doubt it would be playable since the card is only a
    > geforce3. Hrm and I don't think it could have a high enough refresh
    > for my needs (under 75 gives me a headache.)

    What's the command to display framerate, BTW? I have no idea what I run
    at with this 6800GT.

    >> Right across my alt's butt, where I can see it during even the
    >> craziest battle, Menu bar.

    > I wouldn't ever want one of the displays in the middle.
    > If you really want/need the HP display why don't you turn on that
    > option to show them?

    I have the bars on, but I like having the bigger bars visible, too. It's
    not really in the middle; maybe one-sixth of the way up from the bottom
    edge. At 1600x1200 and at 85% scale, the HUD elements are pretty small.
    Even so, I've started turning off the whole HUD for some things - very
    strange to have that big panoramic view.

    What I'd REALLY like to see soon is a configurable and savable GUI/HUD
    setup - be able to configure a few different settings and switch between
    them. Turning the HUD off completely makes it impossible to see a few
    critical things, and it's too slow to turn them all off and on with
    clicks. Being able to have a minimal (reticles and chat balloons only),
    moderate (add map and chat) and full (all powers etc for battles) and
    toggle among them would be nifty.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >> Both the card and display are capable of 1600x1200, hell they could do
    >> 1920x1440, but I doubt it would be playable since the card is only a
    >> geforce3. Hrm and I don't think it could have a high enough refresh
    >> for my needs (under 75 gives me a headache.)
    >
    >What's the command to display framerate, BTW? I have no idea what I run
    >at with this 6800GT.

    In Coh: /showfps 1

    I wasn't talking about framerate though i'm talking about monitors
    refresh rate at the various resolutions.

    >>> Right across my alt's butt, where I can see it during even the
    >>> craziest battle, Menu bar.
    >
    >> I wouldn't ever want one of the displays in the middle.
    >> If you really want/need the HP display why don't you turn on that
    >> option to show them?
    >
    >I have the bars on, but I like having the bigger bars visible, too. It's
    >not really in the middle; maybe one-sixth of the way up from the bottom
    >edge. At 1600x1200 and at 85% scale, the HUD elements are pretty small.
    >Even so, I've started turning off the whole HUD for some things - very
    >strange to have that big panoramic view.
    >
    >What I'd REALLY like to see soon is a configurable and savable GUI/HUD
    >setup - be able to configure a few different settings and switch between
    >them. Turning the HUD off completely makes it impossible to see a few
    >critical things, and it's too slow to turn them all off and on with
    >clicks. Being able to have a minimal (reticles and chat balloons only),
    >moderate (add map and chat) and full (all powers etc for battles) and
    >toggle among them would be nifty.

    You can toggle off individual windows and/or combinations of them.

    I'm not sure how exactly, but I saw macros/binds to do it somewhere in
    the forums when I was looking for another bind.

    Xocyll
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:
    >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    <snip>
    >> I'm not sure how exactly, but I saw macros/binds to do it somewhere in
    >> the forums when I was looking for another bind.
    >
    >Hadn't thought about a macro. Will think.

    Macros and binds are really the same thing in essence, two ways of doing
    the same thing.
    Though you can apparently bind a macro by it's name as well.

    Anyway I did some searching and found the usage.

    window_hide, window_show, window_toggle.

    I just tried
    /macro OFF "window_toggle Chat$$window_toggle Chat2$$window_toggle
    Chat3$$window_toggle Map$$window_toggle nav$$window_toggle target"
    and when pressed it does open/close my 3 chat windows ,the map, the nav
    window and the target window, leaving nothing but the stats bar and the
    powers tray.

    Chat, chat1-chat4
    inspirations
    enhancements
    map
    target
    nav
    powers
    Don't know what the stats bar thing (HP/end/exp) is called though.

    Oh and even better, I found another bind in there i've wanted all along,
    the friggen contact window.

    /bind c "window_toggle Contact"

    Xocyll
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    > window_hide, window_show, window_toggle.

    Way nifty. Thanks. Gonna have to figure out some buttons for the binds,
    though... :P

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >> window_hide, window_show, window_toggle.
    >
    >Way nifty. Thanks. Gonna have to figure out some buttons for the binds,
    >though... :P

    It's spiffy for sure.
    Now i've got to figure out exactly what I want to turn off on the fly
    for teaming when there's lots of effects going.

    Oh, and while reading the same guide I noticed the other power toggle
    command.

    There's the powexec_toggle_on which can be stacked on a bind or macro to
    turn on multiple things.
    An then there's as powexec_togglon, which apparently activates when a
    key is pressed, so it could be stacked so the first press activates the
    first power, the second press of the same key activates the second
    power, etc.
    Haven't tried it yet though - could be good for a 1-key to turn on all
    armors in turn bind though, for those that have various armors on all
    the time. IE integration/IH/tough for a regen scrapper.

    Xocyll
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    > Oh, and while reading the same guide I noticed the other power toggle
    > command.

    Pointer to this guide? I can't find any that are complete or up to date.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >> Oh, and while reading the same guide I noticed the other power toggle
    >> command.
    >
    >Pointer to this guide? I can't find any that are complete or up to date.

    It's in the guide section.

    There's two I looked at, one called "Post your binds"
    and the other "someone's unofficial guide to bind"

    Xocyll
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

    > This got posted in that thread today.
    > ALL the slash commands in the game

    Kewlllll. I have plans for this.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> looked up from reading the entrails
    of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
    >Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:52:49 -0500,
    >Anno Domini:

    <snip>
    >The refresh change is a standard DirectX API no doubt, so it's *supposed* to
    >allow apps to change it. Nothing strange there. It's why Win98 *doesn't*
    >allow it, even though it's *known* to be less secure/protected/32-bit than
    >XP, that is the *real* mystery here. I'd say you're just lucky that your
    >desired end justifies the means in this case Xocyll...

    The problem here is it's not allowing an application to change how it
    refreshes full screen, it's changing the global setting, and it DOES NOT
    REVERT when the app stops.

    XP even allows a windowed mode application to change the refresh rate,
    and that's just plain WRONG.

    As far as I can tell the main difference is that win9x uses variable
    refresh rates depending on the resolution - it always uses the best
    refresh that the hardware can support while XP uses a fixed refresh rate
    regardless of what the hardware can support and there's not even an
    option to use the adaptor default anymore.
    [Once again, new MS OS, and old options are removed because MS has
    decided it knows what you want better than you do.]

    Under 98se, the OS puts the refresh back to the best supported by the
    hardware no matter what an app does. CoH changes it (or tries to) and
    the OS determines what should be used depending on the hardware - this
    is how it's supposed to be.
    Just tested - turned on the monitors refresh notifier - there is no
    change under 98se when CoH is started, the OS disallows the change.

    With XP though, once an app changes the refresh XP just shrugs and says
    "OK, whatever." and leaves the refresh changed.
    And there's no way to stop it other than running a 3rd party app to put
    it back.

    I'll have to boot to XP at some point and see if refreshlock actually
    locks it or just changes it back after XP lets random apps change
    hardware settings.

    >>>Keep in mind, it's been almost a year since you've had issues like that. CoH
    >>>has been patches many times & so has XP & drivers. Might be worth another
    >>>swing...?
    >>
    >>No it hasn't been almost a year Nossie. I didn't try playing under XP
    >>till maybe 3 months ago.
    >>I first installed it ONLY to be able to cave my settings in COH, then I
    >>rebooted back to 98se and played - because XP crashed.
    >>Patches come, patches go, CoH under XP crashes.
    >>Drivers come, drivers go, CoH crashes under XP.
    >
    >So it's marginal hardware/drivers somewhere - *has* to be. If noone else (or
    >very few ppl) are consistently getting these issues, then apply Occam's
    >razor mate. XP is not to blame, but given this is one of the main games/apps
    >that you need to work, the effect is exacerbated & amplified in your mind.
    >Even if you have common, name brand h/ware, short of replacing every single
    >part, 1 by 1, you'll never know until you overhaul the entire system.

    I'm not the only one for whom CoH crashes under XP, it seems to be
    fairly common. I'm forever seeing posts in the forums, and broadcasts
    in game from people who crashed out and have re-entered, i've also
    teamed with such.

    The hardware is identical for XP and 98se, and i'm doubting that ALL the
    drivers under XP are faulty.
    Occam's razor says it's XP itself.

    >Case in point: a previous company I worked for had a PC in a staff shop blow
    >power supplies & mobos about a half-dozen times. We replaced the power
    >supply; then the mobo; put surge protectors in straight away; replaced video
    >card/hard disks. Have a guess what is was in the end? Bloody cd-rom drive
    >shorting in some sort of strange loopback circuit.
    >
    >>I haven't tried under issue3 because I haven't had any problems under
    >>98se. All the 98 issues got fixed.
    >
    >Cool.
    >
    >>>I agree. It might be worth a 2nd pass if you have a spare partition/disk.
    >>>Mind you, install XP from a formatted disk. DO NOT upgrade from 98 whatever
    >>>you do!
    >>
    >>It's still installed Nossie, and it was always installed in parallel.
    >>I see no reason to actually boot to XP these days, when it's less secure
    >>and less stable than 98se.
    >
    >You're talking CoH only here of course...or do you get issues under XP with
    >other apps?

    A couple other games that won't run under 98se have also crashed.
    One of them also locked XP solid. Yes, as in hard-reboot necessary.
    As I said, so much for this secure OS.

    MS still doesn't understand what a sandbox is and still lets
    applications access things they aren't allowed to in a proper sandbox.

    >>I'll use XP for things that won't run under anything else.
    >
    >Not too many of those luckily for you ;-)

    There's a few and there will be more eventually.
    Until that time, there's no need to "upgrade" a functional system.

    That's the bottom line, I won't upgrade because MS has decided it's time
    to sell me another OS version, I'll upgrade when I *NEED* to and not one
    picosecond earlier.
    I stayed with 95 till I got a game that could not install much less run,
    under anything less than 98 (Mech Commander 2), because *MY* 95 system
    was rock solid and dependable.

    Maybe, just maybe, for people who let MS decide what their settings
    should be, the newer MS OS's will be more stable.
    But these are the same people who have bought into MS's "reinstall the
    OS every 6 months" nonsense. The people who reformat their harddrives
    when reinstalling in the hopes this will "fix" problems.

    [As an aside, at one point when I was dealing with NCPlay's tech
    support, one of their drones asked "when was the last time you
    reformatted and reinstalled" - the idiocy has become so ingrained that
    tech support expect it/suggest it as a fix.]

    Xocyll
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in message

    > The refresh change is a standard DirectX API no doubt, so it's *supposed*
    > allow apps to change it. Nothing strange there. It's why Win98 *doesn't*
    > allow it, even though it's *known* to be less secure/protected/32-bit than
    > XP, that is the *real* mystery here. I'd say you're just lucky that your
    > desired end justifies the means in this case Xocyll...

    The likely answer is that 98SE is too dumb to adjust the refresh rate.

    As a phone support tech for an ISP I can tell you that XP is smart and
    helpful and very dumb about it.

    Hence the ease with which viruses and spyware exploit XP.

    That said, I've been running CoH with XP for the last two months and the
    only time CoH ever crashed was when XP installed an ***old*** version of my
    FX5200 display drivers. When I Intsalled up to date drivers (over XP's
    objections), CoH was fine.

    I haven't tried it on 98SE. I don't have an SE machine that can run CoH.

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    Vorlonagent (M), level 19 Blaster: Electric/Energy, Guardian
    Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker, Invulnerable/Super-Strength, Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 15 Blaster: Force/Fire, Protector
    NightfalI (M), Level 16 Defender, Pinnacle
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 14 Defender, Infinity
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 8 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Liberty
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    > XP even allows a windowed mode application to change the refresh rate,
    > and that's just plain WRONG.

    Uh, I've run XP for a while and with a wide variety of apps and games, and
    I can't think of a one that's changed the refresh rate.

    I'm thinking that more of this has to do with your particular hardware (vid
    card and driver) than XP itself. XP does let subsystems run themselves,
    within an OS "box." (Win98 etc. did not - there was no real difference
    between the OS, drivers and apps. Anything could yank all the levers.)

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thus spake Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom>, Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:46:09
    -0000, Anno Domini:

    >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >
    >> This got posted in that thread today.
    >> ALL the slash commands in the game
    >
    >Kewlllll. I have plans for this.

    World domination?

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?

  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >> Kewlllll. I have plans for this.

    > World domination?

    Could be... but for now, it's a bind & macro guide that's usable by mere
    mortals, instead of MMOG mavens; is up to date, not stuck on the first-
    release features; and is complete, not just covering what someone copied
    from someone's other web site that was copied from a file they found laying
    around. :P

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >>> Kewlllll. I have plans for this.
    >
    >> World domination?
    >
    >Could be... but for now, it's a bind & macro guide that's usable by mere
    >mortals, instead of MMOG mavens; is up to date, not stuck on the first-
    >release features; and is complete, not just covering what someone copied
    >from someone's other web site that was copied from a file they found laying
    >around. :P

    Here's one thing I just tried.

    For everyone who would really like the map to be onscreen on all the
    time if only it wasn't so big /window_scale map 0.50

    For those who like a map on only at some times but would like it bigger
    /window_scale map 2.0

    Yes, it works on ANY window, including all of those that aren't normally
    resizeable like target, nav or map.

    Enjoy.

    Xocyll
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    > Yes, it works on ANY window, including all of those that aren't
    > normally resizeable like target, nav or map.
    >
    > Enjoy.

    Noted.

    One of the things I'm fixing, which is similar to about fifty times of
    fixing things before, is to rewrite the commands and descriptions so that
    they work and make sense. That command is listed in the list you posted,
    but without arguments and with no explanation.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    > Yes, it works on ANY window, including all of those that aren't
    > normally resizeable like target, nav or map.

    Awesome. I tinkered each window into the perfect size, then wrote three
    binds:

    F12 reduces the map to 0.5, just large enough to keep track of things.
    CTRL+F12, 2.0
    ALT+F12, 1.0

    Nifty.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:05:21 -0500,
    Anno Domini:

    >Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> looked up from reading the entrails
    >of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
    >>Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:52:49 -0500,
    >>Anno Domini:
    >>
    ><snip>
    >>The refresh change is a standard DirectX API no doubt, so it's *supposed* to
    >>allow apps to change it. Nothing strange there. It's why Win98 *doesn't*
    >>allow it, even though it's *known* to be less secure/protected/32-bit than
    >>XP, that is the *real* mystery here. I'd say you're just lucky that your
    >>desired end justifies the means in this case Xocyll...
    >
    >The problem here is it's not allowing an application to change how it
    >refreshes full screen, it's changing the global setting, and it DOES NOT
    >REVERT when the app stops.
    >
    >XP even allows a windowed mode application to change the refresh rate,
    >and that's just plain WRONG.
    >
    >As far as I can tell the main difference is that win9x uses variable
    >refresh rates depending on the resolution - it always uses the best
    >refresh that the hardware can support while XP uses a fixed refresh rate
    >regardless of what the hardware can support and there's not even an
    >option to use the adaptor default anymore.
    >[Once again, new MS OS, and old options are removed because MS has
    >decided it knows what you want better than you do.]
    >
    >Under 98se, the OS puts the refresh back to the best supported by the
    >hardware no matter what an app does. CoH changes it (or tries to) and
    >the OS determines what should be used depending on the hardware - this
    >is how it's supposed to be.
    >Just tested - turned on the monitors refresh notifier - there is no
    >change under 98se when CoH is started, the OS disallows the change.
    >
    >With XP though, once an app changes the refresh XP just shrugs and says
    >"OK, whatever." and leaves the refresh changed.
    >And there's no way to stop it other than running a 3rd party app to put
    >it back.
    >
    >I'll have to boot to XP at some point and see if refreshlock actually
    >locks it or just changes it back after XP lets random apps change
    >hardware settings.

    It locks it for all apps for a given resolution. It's tiny, it's free & it's
    worth putting up with to have an OS which imo is head & shoulders above 98SE
    what else can I say to convince you? ;-) (I actually load it at start up now
    as I play all games in my native win res i.e. 1024x768 32-bit @ 85Hz - that
    may change with my new 19" 8ms LCD I get soon of course :)))

    >>>No it hasn't been almost a year Nossie. I didn't try playing under XP
    >>>till maybe 3 months ago.
    >>>I first installed it ONLY to be able to cave my settings in COH, then I
    >>>rebooted back to 98se and played - because XP crashed.
    >>>Patches come, patches go, CoH under XP crashes.
    >>>Drivers come, drivers go, CoH crashes under XP.
    >>
    >>So it's marginal hardware/drivers somewhere - *has* to be. If noone else (or
    >>very few ppl) are consistently getting these issues, then apply Occam's
    >>razor mate. XP is not to blame, but given this is one of the main games/apps
    >>that you need to work, the effect is exacerbated & amplified in your mind.
    >>Even if you have common, name brand h/ware, short of replacing every single
    >>part, 1 by 1, you'll never know until you overhaul the entire system.
    >
    >I'm not the only one for whom CoH crashes under XP, it seems to be
    >fairly common. I'm forever seeing posts in the forums, and broadcasts
    >in game from people who crashed out and have re-entered, i've also
    >teamed with such.

    I'd still say it's a small percentage - either that or you're the vocal
    minority X ;-)

    >The hardware is identical for XP and 98se, and i'm doubting that ALL the
    >drivers under XP are faulty.
    >Occam's razor says it's XP itself.

    Yeah, but which *bit*??? That's the crux of the matter surely!?

    >>Case in point: a previous company I worked for had a PC in a staff shop blow
    >>power supplies & mobos about a half-dozen times. We replaced the power
    >>supply; then the mobo; put surge protectors in straight away; replaced video
    >>card/hard disks. Have a guess what is was in the end? Bloody cd-rom drive
    >>shorting in some sort of strange loopback circuit.
    >>
    >>>I haven't tried under issue3 because I haven't had any problems under
    >>>98se. All the 98 issues got fixed.
    >>
    >>Cool.

    >>>It's still installed Nossie, and it was always installed in parallel.
    >>>I see no reason to actually boot to XP these days, when it's less secure
    >>>and less stable than 98se.
    >>
    >>You're talking CoH only here of course...or do you get issues under XP with
    >>other apps?
    >
    >A couple other games that won't run under 98se have also crashed.
    >One of them also locked XP solid. Yes, as in hard-reboot necessary.
    >As I said, so much for this secure OS.

    Bugger. I've only had 1 or 2 occurrences with that sort of thing in over 2
    yrs & it was related to old ATI video drivers (or bad new ones which were
    fixed within days) both times.

    >MS still doesn't understand what a sandbox is and still lets
    >applications access things they aren't allowed to in a proper sandbox.
    >
    >>>I'll use XP for things that won't run under anything else.
    >>
    >>Not too many of those luckily for you ;-)
    >
    >There's a few and there will be more eventually.
    >Until that time, there's no need to "upgrade" a functional system.

    Only Freedom Force for me, but I can live w/o. Anyway, that was me
    'rebellious' period of 2 month May-June last yr when I thought I could live
    w/o CoH :)

    >That's the bottom line, I won't upgrade because MS has decided it's time
    >to sell me another OS version, I'll upgrade when I *NEED* to and not one
    >picosecond earlier.
    >I stayed with 95 till I got a game that could not install much less run,
    >under anything less than 98 (Mech Commander 2), because *MY* 95 system
    >was rock solid and dependable.
    >
    >Maybe, just maybe, for people who let MS decide what their settings
    >should be, the newer MS OS's will be more stable.
    >But these are the same people who have bought into MS's "reinstall the
    >OS every 6 months" nonsense. The people who reformat their harddrives
    >when reinstalling in the hopes this will "fix" problems.

    Hey, MS have given me some of the best free software I've never owned, so I
    can't really complain now can I? >;-)

    >[As an aside, at one point when I was dealing with NCPlay's tech
    >support, one of their drones asked "when was the last time you
    >reformatted and reinstalled" - the idiocy has become so ingrained that
    >tech support expect it/suggest it as a fix.]

    LOL! Yeah, not an endearing question from tech support.

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
    I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thus spake Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom>, Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:38:58
    -0000, Anno Domini:

    >Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >>> Kewlllll. I have plans for this.
    >
    >> World domination?
    >
    >Could be... but for now, it's a bind & macro guide that's usable by mere
    >mortals, instead of MMOG mavens; is up to date, not stuck on the first-
    >release features; and is complete, not just covering what someone copied
    >from someone's other web site that was copied from a file they found laying
    >around. :P

    You go girl! ;-p

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
    I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    > You go girl! ;-p

    C'mere and say that, ya punk!

    Draft is almost complete' I'll throw it up on the web site for early
    evaluation soon.

    Does anyone have a COMPLETE list of bindable keys, with exact names?

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:34:10 +1100, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au>
    wrote:

    >Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:05:21 -0500,
    >Anno Domini:

    >>I'll have to boot to XP at some point and see if refreshlock actually
    >>locks it or just changes it back after XP lets random apps change
    >>hardware settings.
    >
    >It locks it for all apps for a given resolution. It's tiny, it's free & it's
    >worth putting up with to have an OS which imo is head & shoulders above 98SE
    >what else can I say to convince you? ;-) (I actually load it at start up now
    >as I play all games in my native win res i.e. 1024x768 32-bit @ 85Hz - that
    >may change with my new 19" 8ms LCD I get soon of course :)))

    I don't use that - I installed the Omega drivers instead, which includes
    that function in the video driver rather than as a separate app. If
    you're running an ATI card, I wholeheartedly recommend them, as they're
    more stable than the official drivers from ATI. They're also available
    for Nvidia cards, but I don't know how good that set is.
    Available from www.omegadrivers.net
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >> Yes, it works on ANY window, including all of those that aren't
    >> normally resizeable like target, nav or map.
    >>
    >> Enjoy.
    >
    >Noted.
    >
    >One of the things I'm fixing, which is similar to about fifty times of
    >fixing things before, is to rewrite the commands and descriptions so that
    >they work and make sense. That command is listed in the list you posted,
    >but without arguments and with no explanation.

    Yep, saw it and decided to poke it. The syntax was pretty obvious after
    a little thought [command target scale] so my first attempt worked.
    A few more tests and I posted to let everyone else know, since it's
    something that could/should/would be useful to just about any player.

    I bound all my window scales to P, since I didn't need it to hide
    windows anymore if I can scale them instead.

    I may do a Map enlarge to 2.0 bind as well for a quick ref high res map.

    Xocyll
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll wrote:

    > Yes, it works on ANY window, including all of those that aren't normally
    > resizeable like target, nav or map.

    Actually, the map window's been resizeable using the mouse since I3.

    --
    | Victory Server: |
    | Bex - Level 34 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |

    John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> looked up from
    reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good,
    the signs say:

    >Xocyll wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, it works on ANY window, including all of those that aren't normally
    >> resizeable like target, nav or map.
    >
    >Actually, the map window's been resizeable using the mouse since I3.

    I found that out after i'd made the post as i tried stretching the map
    out from the .5 i'd made it.

    A caveat with window_scale, if you go into the options every window will
    be reset to 1.0 scale when you come out again so if you have a setup you
    want, the thing to do is make a bind.
    For me that made my chat2+3 windows (combat and non chat) .6, nav,
    target and main chat .9 and map .5 .

    Very damn nice, I can have my slightly overcluttered gui again but MUCH
    less cluttered due to scaling (especially with chat 2 and 3 since I
    don't need the combat and system windows all the time, and certainly not
    in always perfectly readable form.)

    A quarter sized map is a little harder to read, but make a hell of a
    fine mini-map to have on all the time.
    Having the map on all the time makes a HUGE difference in twisty
    missions since you can always see where you have and haven't been.

    From various teams i've been on it seems that a lot of people won't even
    turn on the map for a moment to check and keep running back to places
    that got cleared instead of going to the places that weren't.

    Xocyll
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thus spake Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com>, Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:00:57
    +1100, Anno Domini:

    >On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:34:10 +1100, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Thus spake Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>, Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:05:21 -0500,
    >>Anno Domini:
    >
    >>>I'll have to boot to XP at some point and see if refreshlock actually
    >>>locks it or just changes it back after XP lets random apps change
    >>>hardware settings.
    >>
    >>It locks it for all apps for a given resolution. It's tiny, it's free & it's
    >>worth putting up with to have an OS which imo is head & shoulders above 98SE
    >>what else can I say to convince you? ;-) (I actually load it at start up now
    >>as I play all games in my native win res i.e. 1024x768 32-bit @ 85Hz - that
    >>may change with my new 19" 8ms LCD I get soon of course :)))
    >
    >I don't use that - I installed the Omega drivers instead, which includes
    >that function in the video driver rather than as a separate app. If
    >you're running an ATI card, I wholeheartedly recommend them, as they're
    >more stable than the official drivers from ATI. They're also available
    >for Nvidia cards, but I don't know how good that set is.
    >Available from www.omegadrivers.net

    Kewl! Tx Greg!

    (Incidentally, I'm gettin a P4 3400+ 754pin AMD soon with a X800 Pro...was
    thinkin about going the whole hog with a XT Platinum but I just don't see
    the cost benefit from all the benchmarks. Add 1Gb of good DDR400 & a nice
    Asus mobo with Gb LAN & 5.1 sound & wireless built-in & I should see fps
    above 10 in CoH at long last! Anyone care to comment on NVidia 6800GT vs the
    X800Pro? I use it a lot for TV-Out so that's important to me -TIA! ;-)

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
    I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thus spake Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom>, Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:35:28
    -0000, Anno Domini:

    ------------------------------> You go girl!

    >Draft is almost complete' I'll throw it up on the web site for early
    >evaluation soon.
    >
    >Does anyone have a COMPLETE list of bindable keys, with exact names?

    Didn't Xocyll just post it like yesterday? ;-p

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
    I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >> Does anyone have a COMPLETE list of bindable keys, with exact names?

    > Didn't Xocyll just post it like yesterday? ;-p

    No, that was the complete command list. I'm looking for a list of the key
    names for binding, including NUMPAD+, etc. that are hard to find the exact
    label for.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
    >>> Does anyone have a COMPLETE list of bindable keys, with exact names?
    >
    >> Didn't Xocyll just post it like yesterday? ;-p
    >
    >No, that was the complete command list. I'm looking for a list of the key
    >names for binding, including NUMPAD+, etc. that are hard to find the exact
    >label for.

    Well I don't know about all of them but the numpad ones are just that,
    numpad1, numpad2, etc
    I think most of them go by full name, ie pageup, pagedown, backspace,
    delete, enter, etc.

    The easiest way to find out a key's "proper name" is to go into the
    options and controls, and bind it to something there.
    Then use /bind_save_file to save it to IE c:\mybinds.txt, then look in
    the text file for the syntax actually used for the bind.

    Slightly cumbersome, but it should work.

    One advantage is that once you've saved to a text file, you can edit
    that text file directly, and then just use /bind_load_file to import it.
    Much easier than typing in the rather limited command line within CoH,
    since cut&paste and such work in text files.

    Xocyll
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thus spake Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au>, Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:08:55
    +1100, Anno Domini:

    >(Incidentally, I'm gettin a P4 3400+ 754pin AMD soon with a X800 Pro...was
    >thinkin about going the whole hog with a XT Platinum but I just don't see
    >the cost benefit from all the benchmarks. Add 1Gb of good DDR400 & a nice
    >Asus mobo with Gb LAN & 5.1 sound & wireless built-in & I should see fps
    >above 10 in CoH at long last! Anyone care to comment on NVidia 6800GT vs the
    >X800Pro? I use it a lot for TV-Out so that's important to me -TIA! ;-)

    Oh yeah - & a 19" 8ms LCD ;-p

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?
    I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
    | Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    | entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
    | say:
    |
    | >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    | >> XP even allows a windowed mode application to change the refresh rate,
    | >> and that's just plain WRONG.
    | >
    | >Uh, I've run XP for a while and with a wide variety of apps and games,
    and
    | >I can't think of a one that's changed the refresh rate.
    |
    | CoH does.
    | Unless of course you've got something like refreshlock to stop it doing
    | so.
    [clipped]

    http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/
    RefreshForce's Home
    * One-time execute, no reboot required, and no background program *

    Did a GOOGLE for "REFRESHLOCK"...

    http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/
    Welcome to the RefreshLock Home Page!

    Fed up of getting 60Hz or 75Hz in your favourite OpenGL/Direct3D/DirectX
    games (e.g. Quake 1/2/3, Half-Life, Unreal, or Deus Ex) instead of the 120Hz
    your display adapter & monitor are capable of? Yes? Then download this FREE
    program, and enjoy higher display frequencies without the hassle of
    installing special drivers!

    Current version: 2.02

    NEW UNIVERSAL & PERMANENT TOOL RELEASED - REFRESHFORCE... CLICK HERE!
    http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

    =================
    RefreshLock Features

    * Quick & easy refresh rate optimization on Windows NT/2000/XP, and
    refresh rate overriding on Windows 95/98/98SE/Me
    * No registry modification necessary
    * Should function on any monitor, any graphics card, and with any driver
    versions
    * Program does not require installation of any kind
    * Negligible CPU usage
    * Low memory usage
    * Sophisticated Timing & Safety features
    * Ability to actually lower refresh rates as well as increase them, if
    software causes display corruption
    * Program can run on startup
    * System tray quick access to
    o A mode selector, with added abilities to change modes without
    destroying the desktop or reconfiguring your machine
    o Advanced Display Properties
    o Instantly activate your ScreenSaver
    o Screen Blanker
    o Monitor DPMS Off & Standby features
    * System tray icon can be hidden if necessary

    =====================

    http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/
    RefreshForce's Home

    (Version: 1.10)

    RefreshForce universally and permanently fixes the Windows 2000/XP refresh
    rate problem on ANY variation of graphics cards, monitors, or drivers!!! No
    messing around, no hassle, it WORKS and it's SIMPLE!

    * Completely fixes the Windows 2000/XP refresh rate problem
    * Functions regardless of graphics card, and driver versions
    * One-time execute, no reboot required, and no background program
    * Ability to push Plug & Play monitor drivers over 85Hz
    * Support for systems with multiple display adapters
    * Automatic backup facility
    * Sophisticated and unique display optimization technology
    * Ability to actually lower refresh rates as well as increase them, if
    software causes display corruption

    and...

    * It's freeware!

    © 2003 Gregory Maynard-Hoare, all trademarks acknowledged.

    ===================
    http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/download.html
    Download RefreshForce

    Before downloading, please make sure you're using your correct monitor &
    display drivers. Also please note that I can no longer offer the free
    technical support that I was for this program!

    Download Version 1.10 (164KB) for Windows 2000/XP, from MajorGeeks, or
    WinSite - which currently has a problem.

    If you want a temporary fix in a clever system-tray icon based tool that has
    no effect on your display configurations, try RefreshLock first.

    Thanks to Jason Webb for his kind links to my utility, so... if you would
    like to contribute to a probable fix to this problem in the future, click
    this link to http://xp-refresh.net!

    You download and use this program at your own risk!

    *THE FAQ ADDRESSES THE NATURE OF THE PROBLEM WITH REFRESHFORCE*
    http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/newfaq.html

Checksum Games Video Games