Need help with some Hard Drives.

rickpcnerd

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I have 4 hard drives laying around that never been used ( 2x raptors , 80 gb 7200 drive, and a 400 gb). couple questions though. To increase my performance while gaming, should I put my OS and Game files on a RAID 0 drives or just the OS or just the game files?

1.My original plan is to Install OS in 80 gb drive, Configure my raptors in Raid 0 configuration and install all my pc games in Raid 0 Drive , and the 400 gb to store all my pc game iso's and mp3 backup.

2.My Second plan is to install OS in Raid 0 drives, install all my pc games in 80 gb drive (good enought to store up to 25 games) and 400 gb as game backup isos.

3.Third plan. Installing OS and Games files in Raid 0 drives and 400 gb game backup isos.

Very confuse wish of these three configuration to choose. I want a configuration that will boost game performance. Please correct me if these configuration are incorrect. Tell me your plan using these 4 hard drives.

Thanks for all advices

eEnz0

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Leave 400 gigs untouched for games kit, mp3, video.. rest and raptors in raid 0 for double bandwith and speed, 20 gigs for windows rest for games.
A cloning program put on a bootable cd.Make a clone on windows after you have installed it with drivers installed, bla bla.. save the clone on 400 gig hdd and set raid 0 array on raptors.If Raid fails, you can boot with the cd and in 1 min you can restore win from clone and set raid 0 :D again. Time is money and speed gains time