Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[PW] Contemplations?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 8:33:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

KLANG!

Keaton's sword was deflected by his Heracross's horn. The minoTauros
backed of slightly before slashing at Heracross somemore, each swing
again and again being intercepted by the chitinous appendage. Heracross
eventually caught the sword in the crook at the end of its horn and the
two pushed against each other aggressively.

With a small twist, Keaton's sword was sent skyward.

"Hera cross," Heracross stated.

"I am not distracted," Keaton argued.

Keaton caught the katana as it came back down, preparing to bring it
down on his sparring partner. Heracross took the moment to slide the
flat end of his horn under Keaton's feet and flipped him onto his back
like splatula does a porkchop. Before Keaton could leap to his feet,
Heracross was already standing on his chest and held the horn to his
jugular.

"Hera, hera cross," Heracross said.

"All right, so maybe I'm a little distracted," Keaton admitted.
Heracross dismounted and Keaton got up and walked to the edge of the
Pokemon Center's roof, resheathing his sword along the way.
"Everything's too calm. There's been more time to think than I'm
comfortable with, especially with Kitsu gone out to the desert. I never
realised how much thinking I let her do for me."

"Heracross?" Heracross inquired.

"Not that much thinking," Keaton clarified, sounding a tad offended.
"I'm my own man, I make my own decisions. I'm just used to her handling
the hard stuff. The complex stuff."

Keaton turned away from the edge.

"I'm also worried about her, Heracross," he said. "It's unlike her to
run off into the desert unprepared. She could be hurt or dead or
something, you know?" He slammed a fist into an open palm. "I
should've gone with her, Heracross. I'd be able to help her, protect
her, or at the very least get in on this Warrior of the Sands business.
I can't let her training get too far ahead of mine, can I?"

"Heracross, hera," Heracross replied matter-of-factly.

"Well, I think you're not giving her *enough* credit," Keaton countered,
looking back out over the city. "She's on par with any man I've ever
faced. She may one day be considered among the greatest of samurai.
Even if she wasn't my sister, I'd be proud to fight by her side."

"Heracross cross," Heracross said.

"Yeah, okay, maybe not," Keaton replied, turning back to the edge. "But
I'd like to think I would."

Down below, Keaton saw a damp Bob chase down his younger brother.

"Then there's the thing with Aerie," Keaton continued. "I know I kid
about their relationship a lot, but I don't know how Kitsu's going to
take Aerie's sudden interest in boys. I'd be relieved, personally, and
Kitsu's already got a boyfriend, but Jordan's out in some parallel
universe. I think on some level, beneath the puritan revulsion towards
flirting with the same gender and premarital affairs in general, Kitsu
sorta liked Aerie chasing after her tails. But maybe I'm reading too
much into it. You think I'm reading too much into it?"

"Heracross," Heracross answered.

"Yeah, maybe," Keaton responded. "Kitsu just left way too soon. She
could've helped Alex with her issues about killing Canmore. I'd've
talked to her, but I don't think I'd be much help. If it was me and my
family Canmore was after, I would've slaughtered the bastard without a
second thought. Plus, Kitsu's a girl, so I'd think they'd relate on a
number of levels."

"Heracross cross hera," Heracross sniggered.

"Heh, yeah, maybe," Keaton said. "And on top of all that, there's the
tournament in Fortree. I don't even think Kitsu knows there's going to
be one, but if we wait here to tell her we might miss the tournament
ourselves. Man, Kitsu may be the smart one, but she's got lousy timing."

To be continued...?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be." -- The Magic Engineer

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com

More about : contemplations

February 6, 2005 3:34:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> "Yeah, maybe," Keaton responded. "Kitsu just left way too soon. She
> could've helped Alex with her issues about killing Canmore. I'd've
> talked to her, but I don't think I'd be much help. If it was me and my
> family Canmore was after, I would've slaughtered the bastard without a
> second thought. Plus, Kitsu's a girl, so I'd think they'd relate on a
> number of levels."
>
> "Heracross cross hera," Heracross sniggered.
>
> "Heh, yeah, maybe," Keaton said. "And on top of all that, there's the
> tournament in Fortree. I don't even think Kitsu knows there's going to
> be one, but if we wait here to tell her we might miss the tournament
> ourselves. Man, Kitsu may be the smart one, but she's got lousy timing."

"I thought it was only lousy timing if they were aware of it?" A male voice
said from behind them.

Keaton whipped around, almost looking ready to attack.

"Whoa there, I'm not here to fight," Derek said waving his arms. "Unless
it's really the only thing to do around here. So what's the problem?"

"What makes you think there is a problem?" Keaton huffed.

"I would like to think that I have some skills in reading people, in addition
to fighting. So what's bothering you?"

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
The cost of feathers has risen... Now even DOWN is up!
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:11:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
>
> "I thought it was only lousy timing if they were aware of it?" A male voice
> said from behind them.
>
> Keaton whipped around, almost looking ready to attack.
>
> "Whoa there, I'm not here to fight," Derek said waving his arms. "Unless
> it's really the only thing to do around here. So what's the problem?"
>
> "What makes you think there is a problem?" Keaton huffed.
>
> "I would like to think that I have some skills in reading people, in addition
> to fighting. So what's bothering you?"
>
"I'm just worried about Kitsu," Keaton said. "I think she's been gone
way too long, and the tournament in Fortree is only two weeks away. If
she doesn't come back soon, we won't be able to get to Fortree in time."

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be." -- The Magic Engineer

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com
Related resources
February 8, 2005 8:40:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in message
news:36pt0qF4vfld9U1@individual.net...
> Clayton wrote:
> >
> > "I thought it was only lousy timing if they were aware of it?" A male voice
> > said from behind them.
> >
> > Keaton whipped around, almost looking ready to attack.
> >
> > "Whoa there, I'm not here to fight," Derek said waving his arms. "Unless
> > it's really the only thing to do around here. So what's the problem?"
> >
> > "What makes you think there is a problem?" Keaton huffed.
> >
> > "I would like to think that I have some skills in reading people, in
addition
> > to fighting. So what's bothering you?"
> >
> "I'm just worried about Kitsu," Keaton said. "I think she's been gone
> way too long, and the tournament in Fortree is only two weeks away. If
> she doesn't come back soon, we won't be able to get to Fortree in time."

"I don't think you have anything to worry about. If she's anything like you
she'll be back in plenty of time. And if she isn't ..." Derek led on, allowing
the minoTauros' mind to think of the possibilities.

"... she'll be back before you know it." the human fighter finished, smiling
while backstepping out of immediate retaliation range.

TBC

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
It's easier to obtain forgiveness than permission.

[NS: I couldn't resist that line!]
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 3:31:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:

> "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in message
> news:36pt0qF4vfld9U1@individual.net...
>
>>"I'm just worried about Kitsu," Keaton said. "I think she's been gone
>>way too long, and the tournament in Fortree is only two weeks away. If
>>she doesn't come back soon, we won't be able to get to Fortree in time."
>
>
> "I don't think you have anything to worry about. If she's anything like you
> she'll be back in plenty of time. And if she isn't ..." Derek led on, allowing
> the minoTauros' mind to think of the possibilities.
>
> "... she'll be back before you know it." the human fighter finished, smiling
> while backstepping out of immediate retaliation range.
>
"Uh, huh," Keaton replied, obviously not listening as he mused in the
general direction of the desert. "Aerie's telepathic, right?"

"What?" Derek asked, wondering where Keaton's question came from.

"If Aerie has enough range, maybe I can use her to make a psychic phone
call!" Keaton said, slamming a fist into an open palm decisively.
"That's brilliant! I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!
Thanks, man, you're a big help."

Keaton absently slapped Derek on the shoulder just hard enough to avoid
serious damage as he passed him on his way down the stairs.

To be continued...?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be." -- The Magic Engineer

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 3:00:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
> "If Aerie has enough range, maybe I can use her to make a psychic phone
> call!" Keaton said, slamming a fist into an open palm decisively.
> "That's brilliant! I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!
> Thanks, man, you're a big help."
>
> Keaton absently slapped Derek on the shoulder just hard enough to avoid
> serious damage as he passed him on his way down the stairs.

Keaton came upon Aerie half-dozing on Jeff's couch fort, the boy having
left to convince his older brother to train him. Although Aerie seemed
to be asleep, she was luxuriating in this place that still smelled of
him, alternating between romantic daydreams and nightmares of him
holding last night's events against her - despite all evidence in the
waking world pointing to that grudge not happening.

"Yo, Aerie. It's almost noon."

"Mmm..."

Keaton frowned. "Jeff's already gone. Time to get up."

"Mmm..."

"Kitsu-"

"Mm? ...!!!" With a sharp intake of breath, Aerie bolted upright in
her seat, looking around. "OhmygoddishItotallyforgotabouther!" Once
it registered that Kitsu was not in line of sight, she stared right at
Keaton. "WHERE IS SHE?"

Even though Aerie was not yet standing and well out of arm's reach,
Keaton backed away a couple steps. "Easy, easy. She went to the desert
to get some training. I was wondering if you could call her. She needs
to get back here before too long."

"...desert. Right." She closed her eyes and sent her mind forth, her
body glowing purple with power she was in too much of a rush to conceal.

Half a minute later, the glow failed. "Umm, which way's the desert,
again?"

"North."

"Got it." She began glowing again, but a bit more subdued this time.
"Desert, desert...there it is. Checking for familiar minds...DAD?!?"
Her eyes snapped open.

"What is it? Is something wrong with Doppler?"

"Umm...no, it doesn't feel like he's in danger...oh! He's...oh!" She
blushed. "I'm going to give him some privacy now. Sorry, dad."

Keaton quickly misguessed what the girl had seen, and filed the
information away for future reference.

"Okay, Kitsu...Kitsu..."

---

Even for the desert, it was hot. Then again, being at the center of
Kitsu's bisento's ultimate strike, one which covered the surrounding
region for a good distance in one large fireball, did make for high
temperatures. Fortunately, the only terrain to be devastated was sand;
several large patches of glass bore testimony to the length of Kitsu's
training - enough patches that anyone driving a tank across might get so
irritated by the resulting sound as to have to avoid people eating
crackers for a while.

Unlike her previous fireballs, this one did not fade completely. A
familiar humanoid shape sustained itself in front of her. "Aerie?"

"Hello, Kitsu. Keaton says he needs you back here soon."

"Understood."

"And...I...umm..."

Kitsu planted her bisento in the glass and leaned on it. "Yes?"

"I...well, you see...I'msorryIfor-" The flames dissapated, the
concentration that had been maintaining them disrupted.

"Huh. Wonder what that was about."

"What what was about?" the figure crawling out from a sand shelter
queried.

Kitsu looked over her shoulder at him. "The end of Aerie's message got
cut off."

"What message? You were just staring off into space for a moment."

"Telepathic hallucination."

---

"...I'msosorryIshouldn'thaveevenlookedathimbuthe'ssocuteandI-"

"Aerie! AERIE!" Keaton grabbed her by the arms and shook her.

Aerie blinked her way back to reality.

"Sorry, but it looked like you weren't sending any longer. Did you get
through to her?"

"I think so." She blinked again. "I know she got your message. Umm,
do me a favor: when she returns, don't tell her about Jeff right off,
okay? Please? I want to break it to her myself." Her eyes swivelled
down, and she quietly added, "I've got to get forgiveness from two
people now."

TBC?
February 15, 2005 6:53:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> > "If Aerie has enough range, maybe I can use her to make a psychic phone
> > call!" Keaton said, slamming a fist into an open palm decisively.
> > "That's brilliant! I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!
> > Thanks, man, you're a big help."
> >
> > Keaton absently slapped Derek on the shoulder just hard enough to avoid
> > serious damage as he passed him on his way down the stairs.

Derek could only stare at the space that Keaton once occupied. It took him
a few seconds before it fully dawned on him what had transpired.

It did not, however, stop Chan's supposedly surprise attack on his trainer.
The kick was ducked under and Derek's morning exercise began. It wasn't
until the third hit that the human realized that his shoulder hurt from Keaton's
energetic exit.

[<Chunk of Thread caught in the Splicer>

Ehm: NOWN! *Glares at gadget*]

> ---
>
> "...I'msosorryIshouldn'thaveevenlookedathimbuthe'ssocuteandI-"
>
> "Aerie! AERIE!" Keaton grabbed her by the arms and shook her.
>
> Aerie blinked her way back to reality.
>
> "Sorry, but it looked like you weren't sending any longer. Did you get
> through to her?"
>
> "I think so." She blinked again. "I know she got your message. Umm,
> do me a favor: when she returns, don't tell her about Jeff right off,
> okay? Please? I want to break it to her myself." Her eyes swivelled
> down, and she quietly added, "I've got to get forgiveness from two
> people now."

Meanwhile, outside and away from the general populus of Mauville City,
Jeff was coaxing some training out of his brother. Currently it was a
two-on-two training match -- Jeff's insect pair against Bob's team of
bird and mouse. Jeff's Ninjask was barely a blur due to its inherent
Speed Boost ability and Shade hasn't been touched because both bug
and breeder made sure to stay away from the flying attacks -- and
Rollout.

Bob was ready to enact his plan. It was risky and he partially doubted
that Xander would cooperate, but the Pidgeotto was practically getting
double-teamed out there.

"Xander, roll up a Sand Attack and get ready for liftoff." Bob said, cueing
the plan.

Seconds later a large Sand Attack whipped out around the Sandlash like
a miniature dust devil. Bullet promptly dived into and through it. The sand
was enough to stun Jeff for just long enough to realize that something happened.

"Shade, Faint Attack." Jeff said, after regaining his composure.
"Death From Above!" Bob called out, in a voice about two steps too cheerfully.

As the Shedinja faded out of sight, there was a loud, and possibly vulgar,
"SLASH!" followed by an aerial Rollout on Shadow which took the fast
but frail bug to the ground, but any further pounding was cut off by the other
bug's dark attack, which caused the mouse pokemon to veer off course.

Another word had the Rollout followed up by the winds of a powerful Gust
attack. The type-advantaged attack finally hit the ghostly insect, removing it
from the fight while the Ninjask was seriously hurting now.

"It's all right bro, I think you won this round."

Bob looked rather stunned at everything.

"Hello! I said you win. I give" Jef repeated, but still no response. It
wasn't
until Bullet waved a wing in front of his trainer's face.

"I can't believe that worked."

"..."

A few minutes and a Revive later, the group of six were sitting in the middle of
the
grass, or at least doing their best attempt at sitting. Ther was a silent
pause,
while the two sort of admired the partly cloudy day, and simply enjoyed
each other's company. They talked about little things, what they've seen so far
on their journeys even if they were pretty much travelling together, and other
things. It all seemed to lead up to something bog and important.

"Hey bro, Aerie showed me something ... about pokeballs."

"What was it, some of her memories?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Well, she has psychic abilities and it would be the easiest way to convey
something
that would be hard to describe in words alone. So what did she show you?"

"Things about pokeballs, and the mind warping stuff that's in them -- Especially
Silph's control mechanisms." That was followed by a more detailed explanation
of most of the memories, with focus on the mental tampering of the captured.

Bob mulled over the revelations. Part of him always had suspicions about
pokeballs
containing some sort of placating effect, but like many other trainers, he never
really
thought about it. But now that something was said, it proved to be something
that
simply couldn't be ignored.

"If you want my advice, remember what she told you. Who knows, maybe with
her help, you may be able to figure something out that would appease most."

Jeff looked a bit confused and expressed himself appropriately. "???"

"Look at it this way Jeff. From what you already know, a pokeball is like a
cage,
right?" Bob asked, using Raffy's pokeball as a visual aid. Little brother
nodded.
"Aerie's a smart girl. You're a smart kid. Raffy's a smart-ass. I bet you and
Aerie
could figure something out. Besides, if you can't befriend them, you don't
really
deserve to call yourself a trainer, right?"

"Right."

So I vote that we move to invade the Pokemon Center and consume a healthy
amount of lunch!" Bob proposed. He was met with 5 cries of approval, despite
the little detail that one was a ghost and probably didn't need to eat.

TBC

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
Earth is full -- go home.
!