Motherboard/Case issue.. please help!?

cholden

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I have an Antec Sonata II that has a firewire port on the front.

I bought an ASUS M2N-E and didn't read closely enough that it DOES NOT have an internal firewire connection. It's a 570 Ultra with no firewire.. I digress..

Is there an internal card that will allow me to connect my internal 6 pin firewire? Don't care if it's a tad slower as there are firewire ports on the back.. but need that front port for easy access.

Thanks
-Chris

cholden

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Unfortunately no on both counts.

The internal connector on the card is an actual firewire port. I need one that will be just like the USB/Firewires on the motherboards to connect the front cable to.. I was afraid I was right and not just missing it.

Thanks.. if anyone else knows of one please let me know.

-Chris

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
I really think all three cards will work. Look at the card I linked, it has the port on the rear and then a plug-in on the other end where you plug a male to female cable that goes to the front panel port. But I think they all work

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
You did find a card that has an internal port... not header. The guy wants to hook up what his PC case has, which needs a header type of connection.

Spec
Type PCI to 1394 Card
External 1394 Ports 2x 1394 Ports
Internal 1394 Ports 1x 1394 Port

I don't see header in specs.

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
OK, I understand what you are saying. It would be nice if any of the pictures or specs. told you what that cable looked like. I guess you have to own one to know that.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Hehe... well, you had the right idea, just wrong connection. Speaking of connection...

You know, I wish those connections were a port. I hate headers. It's a real pain in the butt to get each wire on, and there is a chance you can fry the card or MB when hooking it up, if you get the wires wrong.