• No

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I don''t care

Votes: 18 19.8%

• Total voters

Doms1981

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
don't really mind. cause once i turn on my rig i leave it on. don't really use the DVD rom that much anymore. I guess it kinda depends on the usage. i usually have my pc running for a week. then have it rest on the weekends when i'm not around.

I actually have a friend of mine who broke off the door cause the tendency was to open and close it when he insterts cd's to the drive, and irritated him like hell. I said you could have left the door open right?

bobby6k34

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
i cant stand them thay get in the way and if you stumble around in the dark you might brack it off who ever invented them is a total noob

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
i have a case door and love it, dont use the drives that often maby once a month lol, i crack all my games so i dont have to. and if i am gonna use the drives quite often in that day then i leave the door open

4745454b

Titan
I don't like doors either. When I bought my case, I thought it wouldn't make a difference. Boy was I wrong. I don't mind opening the door to insert a CD/DVD, but I have another problem with it. I happen to download "stuff" which I then archive to DVD. Because I'm storing then deleting this "stuff", I burn it at a slow speed and have nero check for errors when its done burning. For some reason, Nero needs to eject the DVD and then pull the drive back in when it starts the disk validation check. I'm getting tired of hearing the "clink" because I forgot to leave the door open... I'm also worried that I might brake the drive. (the door I could care less about.) I'm getting ready to remove the door, I don't mind the look of the case without it.

chyort

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
nero cycles the drive to clear any memory buffer in the drive.
to prevent false positives because it is going off memory instead of the disk.

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I personally don't care just so long as the door doesn't fall off or give me trouble, but then again I guess I'm easy-going that way. Come to think of it maybe I'll turn my Lian-Li's 12 hdd bays into a giant hot-swap cage! Complete with a little slew of doors.

CuddleBunny

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
are you working for a computer case manufacturer or something and probeing around :D leaving jokes aside i plan on getting a new case soon namely was thinking of the Thermaltake Shark case now i hate doors on cases but they make the case look much better,the thing is that people that want an atractive case have to consider solely cases with door since theres not many if at all cases without doors that are atractive :cry: but otherwise the door is pain in the bum :cry:

doubletake33

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
you mean doors that have a lock on it as well? then my vote is hell yes! i take it that none of yall got a 2 and 3 year old runnin around trying to be your personal IT techs! but i love my babies though :lol:

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
I agree. The only reason my case has a door, is that the other features of the case were so outstanding that I had to purchase it when you consider its cost. Wish they had the foresight to not include a door, even though it looks nice with it closed.

PCD

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Yes but only if they are hinged in the correct side which is the Right side if the case is placed on the right side of the desk.

Do anyone know (or can explain) why the door on most cases are hinged in the Left side which is a pain in the behind if you are righthanded and therefore has the case on the right side of the desk?

cal7

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
If you have kids like me sometimes they are really good :)
although the one in my 831 stacker keeps bumping in the right window :x

lx_flier

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
I prefer cases w/e doors but if i really like the layout of the case and how it's designed then i don't really care if it does have a door.

RichPLS

Champion
I prefer w/o additional door covering front of case and doors usually cost more, but if silence and styling are weighted more subject to requirements, than it makes sense.
The exception is when building a HTPC, where silence and styling are key, and doors could add a nice touch.

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
My gaming computer doesn't have doors, but my server does. The server sits on the floor and doesn't need access from the front so the doors provide protection

sailer

Splendid
I voted yes for two reasons. One, as somebody else mentioned. is to keep kids from playing with the drives and maybe inserting something that doesn't belong there. The other is because its quite dusty where I live and the door helps keep the dust out of the drives.

I just started shopping for a new case, but whether or not it has a door doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. If it doesn't have a door, I can tape a bit of plastic on the case so I can flip it over the drive openings when I'm not accessing them.

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
I almost completely don't like them, except for one thing.

It really works to keep the noise of the dvd-drives down to a minimum.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
You are lucky! Even after showing my 4 year old his way around the innards of computers, he still loves messing with "dad's fancy computer" no matter what I give him to play with. And my 1.5 year old daughter? She's even worse!