NT 4.0 BDC joining W2K domain

Is it possible to have an NT 4.0 BDC join a W2K domain?

I have had an NT 4.0 standalone server join the W2K domain
with no problems.

I am concerned about whether a BDC will fail for some
reason.

TIA,
2 answers Last reply
More about joining domain
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    As long as the Win 2k domain is not in native mode you can add a NT 4.0 BDC
    to the domain.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Bapu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to have an NT 4.0 BDC join a W2K domain?
    >
    > I have had an NT 4.0 standalone server join the W2K domain
    > with no problems.
    >
    > I am concerned about whether a BDC will fail for some
    > reason.
    >
    > TIA,

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by native
    mode. Can you elaborate?

    TIA,

Domain Microsoft Servers Windows