NT 4.0 BDC joining W2K domain

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 26, 2004 4:38:31 PM

Is it possible to have an NT 4.0 BDC join a W2K domain?

I have had an NT 4.0 standalone server join the W2K domain
with no problems.

I am concerned about whether a BDC will fail for some
reason.

TIA,

More about : bdc joining w2k domain

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 5:52:53 PM

As long as the Win 2k domain is not in native mode you can add a NT 4.0 BDC
to the domain.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Bapu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have an NT 4.0 BDC join a W2K domain?
>
> I have had an NT 4.0 standalone server join the W2K domain
> with no problems.
>
> I am concerned about whether a BDC will fail for some
> reason.
>
> TIA,

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 10:23:21 PM

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by native
mode. Can you elaborate?

TIA,

!