NVidia TNT2 64 driver update problems

I attempted to update the drivers for my NVidia TNT2 64
video card as recommended by Microsoft. Now my Windows
2000 won't recognize the video card and it freezes during
Windows boot-up. I stupidly didn't save the old drivers I
had so I can't go back.

Is it possible the new drivers aren't really compatible?
Is there a way to rescue this?
3 answers Last reply
More about nvidia tnt2 driver update problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Yes it's possible. Check the hardware manufacturer's web site for the latest
    Windows 2000 driver for your device.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Chris" wrote:
    |I attempted to update the drivers for my NVidia TNT2 64
    | video card as recommended by Microsoft. Now my Windows
    | 2000 won't recognize the video card and it freezes during
    | Windows boot-up. I stupidly didn't save the old drivers I
    | had so I can't go back.
    |
    | Is it possible the new drivers aren't really compatible?
    | Is there a way to rescue this?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    I installed the latest drivers from the manufacturer and that didn't solve the problem. I even went to the Dell website (my computer is from Dell) and searched for the original drivers that came when this video card was installed. That didn't solve the problem. Something caused the communication between W2000 and my video card to become disrupted and reinstalling drivers doesn't seem to be the fix. Are there any other possibilities?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Well the hardware may be bad.

    --

    "Chris" wrote:
    |I installed the latest drivers from the manufacturer and that didn't solve
    the problem. I even went to the Dell website (my computer is from Dell) and
    searched for the original drivers that came when this video card was
    installed. That didn't solve the problem. Something caused the
    communication between W2000 and my video card to become disrupted and
    reinstalling drivers doesn't seem to be the fix. Are there any other
    possibilities?

Drivers Graphics Cards Microsoft Nvidia Windows