NVidia TNT2 64 driver update problems

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I attempted to update the drivers for my NVidia TNT2 64
video card as recommended by Microsoft. Now my Windows
2000 won't recognize the video card and it freezes during
Windows boot-up. I stupidly didn't save the old drivers I
had so I can't go back.

Is it possible the new drivers aren't really compatible?
Is there a way to rescue this?

Yes it's possible. Check the hardware manufacturer's web site for the latest
Windows 2000 driver for your device.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Chris" wrote:
|I attempted to update the drivers for my NVidia TNT2 64
| video card as recommended by Microsoft. Now my Windows
| 2000 won't recognize the video card and it freezes during
| Windows boot-up. I stupidly didn't save the old drivers I
| had so I can't go back.
|
| Is it possible the new drivers aren't really compatible?
| Is there a way to rescue this?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I installed the latest drivers from the manufacturer and that didn't solve the problem. I even went to the Dell website (my computer is from Dell) and searched for the original drivers that came when this video card was installed. That didn't solve the problem. Something caused the communication between W2000 and my video card to become disrupted and reinstalling drivers doesn't seem to be the fix. Are there any other possibilities?

Well the hardware may be bad.

--

"Chris" wrote:
|I installed the latest drivers from the manufacturer and that didn't solve
the problem. I even went to the Dell website (my computer is from Dell) and
searched for the original drivers that came when this video card was
installed. That didn't solve the problem. Something caused the
communication between W2000 and my video card to become disrupted and
reinstalling drivers doesn't seem to be the fix. Are there any other
possibilities?

TRENDING THREADS