HDcam rushes conversion

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 22, 2004 3:24:27 PM

Hi we are being asked by clinets for rates on HDCAM to SD transfers and have
some questions others may have answers to.

The client is going to shot at 1080 60i using 40 min tape stock ( will this
give 40mins of material per tape or only 20 due to the higher frame rate?)
We can get a HDcam deck that will downconvert to SD but it states that the
output is 29.97fps. How does the 60i translate to this or is the 60i
actually 59.94fps?
And finally what is the relationship in the timecode. I presume the 60i
material will count from 0 to 59 for the fields so what will the SD timecode
be in relation?

Thanks
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 4:45:44 PM

Sorry brain not in gear this morning.
I had in my head that 60i was 60fps which of course it's not.
All I need to know from te client is if they are actually 60i or 59.94i but
either way the SD downconverts should just match as we are just converting
the resolution not the frame rate.

!