Upgrade Win

Hello

I want to upgrade the PDC (NT 4 server SP6) to win 2000
server where can I found information about this procedure?

What is Active directory, and what is dcpromo who can I
use it?

Thanks for your help guys...
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrade
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    I want to upgrade the PDC (NT 4 server SP6) to win 2000
    > server where can I found information about this procedure?

    How To: Upgrade Windows NT Server 4.0 to Windows 2000 Server

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298107

    > What is Active directory, and what is dcpromo who can I
    > use it?

    The installation of AD is what changes a Win 2k member server into a DC.
    Dcpromo is what you run to install AD.

    hth

    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Georges" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I want to upgrade the PDC (NT 4 server SP6) to win 2000
    > server where can I found information about this procedure?
    >
    > What is Active directory, and what is dcpromo who can I
    > use it?
    >

    > Thanks for your help guys...

Servers Microsoft Active Directory Windows