Upgrade Win

georges

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

Hello

I want to upgrade the PDC (NT 4 server SP6) to win 2000
server where can I found information about this procedure?

What is Active directory, and what is dcpromo who can I
use it?

Thanks for your help guys...

I want to upgrade the PDC (NT 4 server SP6) to win 2000
> server where can I found information about this procedure?

How To: Upgrade Windows NT Server 4.0 to Windows 2000 Server

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298107

> What is Active directory, and what is dcpromo who can I
> use it?

The installation of AD is what changes a Win 2k member server into a DC.
Dcpromo is what you run to install AD.

hth

DDS W 2k MVP MCSE