Global Chat Beta is Live

Just scanning through the official thread on this, and saw one of CuppaJo's

*****Begin complaint*****
i have to say, im not impressed at all by this.

people randomly get booted, then the server dies and kills the channel. you
have to type a whole sentance to talk to someone in a certain channel. the
names they pulled were wrong. invite SG doesnt work right (make a new
channel and invite SG, and you get errors that you already invited
people... HOW?). you still have to do /chatbeta 1 (if its still a beta, why
is it on live already?)

the only good freature i see is the global friend and ignore. i would have
been happy to just have that... creating your own channels doesnt work at
all.
*****End Complaint*****

And CuppaJo's response
*****Begin response*****
Yes, its still beta. When you have a system that crosses all servers, the
best way to beta test it is across all servers. That is why it is still
beta and still something you have to turn on with the /chatbeta switch. If
you don't want to play with the beta version, you do not have to. When it
is out of beta it will be on all the time.
*****End Response*****

--
Marcel

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

> They still seem to be having problems with it, but once it is up, I think
> that it would be cool to reserve an agc channel, possibly make it private
> or passworded, something like that. (I am at work, so can't test it out)

I agree, sounds like a good idea - an agc channel once things are live.

Looking at the PDF guide, you can make a channel private so only people
who are invited can join.

--
| Victory Server: |
| Bex - Level 33 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |