NT4 Upgrade to 2000 remote location

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 13, 2004 2:51:28 PM

I am trying to upgrade a NT4 PDC to a Windows 2000 child domain. Windows
2000 has been installed and after the reboot DCPROMO starts. I have DNS set
correctly, but when the server starts replication with the parent domain it
fails saying it can not find a domain controller for the domain. If I bring
the server to the same location as the parent domain it works fine. Some of
my remote locations are too far away to move the server. This has to be
possible, but I am not sure what is wrong. Are there specific ports that
need to be open in the routers? The locations are connected with T1's, and
are pretty much wide open between locations. Any Ideas would be great.
Thanks,
Brian
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 2:16:40 AM

this is why 2003 is cool, b/c there is a feature JUST FOR THIS! You can
have vpn between sites for it to replicate but without 2003 you maybe
moving servers.

--
Sincerely,
Mark Mancini, CCA, CCNA, Master CIW&CI, CNE 4&5, MCSE+I 4&2000

news:o hyMcHQOEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!