OCZ Titanium Aplha Passes memtest then fails.

rourouni815

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
I overclocked my e6600 to 3.2(8*400) with a ds3 motherboard with f10 bios, the multi is at 2.5 so my ram is at 1000 its rated speed my timings were manually set to 4-4-4-15 its default i then ran memtest for 11 hours it said 36 passes with no errors then a few days later my computer randomly crashes i then run memtest once again now it fails within a few min of it running. This ram has already been rma'd is this a motherboard failure or a ram failure? Should i return the ram for something else or should i stick with this failure ram? Can someone please help.

I would remove the overclock, adjust the voltage and test the RAM with memtest86+.
If it fails at stock speeds, with the correct voltage it is bad RAM.
The RAM could be failing because the voltage is not correct.

Mondoman

Splendid
...This ram has already been rma'd ... Should i return the ram for something else or should i stick with this failure ram? ...
I'm puzzled by this - doesn't "been rma'd" mean that you've already sent the RAM back, and thus are waiting for the replacement?

Mondoman

Splendid
RMA = refund, repair or replacement under warranty.
Actually, RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization (or slight variant). :wink:
My original question remains open: if "this" specific RAM module has already been returned, it would seem to be too late to decide what to do with it...