Restrict internet access to certain time period?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hi,
Is there anyway to limit a user's access to the internet within certain
periods of the day?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about restrict internet access time period
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    "wl" <bli01@yahoo.com> wrote
    > Hi,
    > Is there anyway to limit a user's access to the internet within certain
    > periods of the day?

    There is plenty of software available to do it. Google some words like
    'limit access internet time day'. I'm not aware of a built-in way to define
    certain time periods.

    Lee
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    My Linksys Firewall/Router allows me to do this, Mod BEFSX41.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "wl" <bli01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Is there anyway to limit a user's access to the internet within certain
    > periods of the day?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Yes, this is controlled at the firewall level....don't know of a way to do it
    simply in Linux - without alot of coding (scheduling to disable a device
    (eth0) at a time, then scheduling to enable it after X hours have elapsed)

    "Richard Urban" wrote:

    > My Linksys Firewall/Router allows me to do this, Mod BEFSX41.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > "wl" <bli01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > Is there anyway to limit a user's access to the internet within certain
    > > periods of the day?
    > >
    > > Thanks

Internet Access Security Internet Support Microsoft Windows XP