Restrict internet access to certain time period?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hi,
Is there anyway to limit a user's access to the internet within certain
periods of the day?

Thanks

"wl" <bli01@yahoo.com> wrote
> Hi,
> Is there anyway to limit a user's access to the internet within certain
> periods of the day?

There is plenty of software available to do it. Google some words like
'limit access internet time day'. I'm not aware of a built-in way to define
certain time periods.

Lee

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

My Linksys Firewall/Router allows me to do this, Mod BEFSX41.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"wl" <bli01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Is there anyway to limit a user's access to the internet within certain
> periods of the day?
>
> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Yes, this is controlled at the firewall level....don't know of a way to do it
simply in Linux - without alot of coding (scheduling to disable a device
(eth0) at a time, then scheduling to enable it after X hours have elapsed)