I Can't Install Windows 2000 Pro now....

I Can't Install Windows 2000Pro on My System. I've Use it
Many times, But After 26th April's Virus I can't install
Windows 2000, Nor windows XP, Linux, Lindows. I Don't know
what is Wrong with My system. It Gives an Error when i
boot My system with Windows cd, It Loads Setup Files than
asks for the driver to where i want to install, Than check
my Drive, And when it reaches to 65% It Give an Error.
Exception.....(0000000x75....something like that.... And
Below Its says. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Than some
codes wirtten and hal.dll..

And Below it says. If You've seen first time this error
Please restart your computer and start safe mode. Or
Disable Bios Options such as Caching or Shadowing.... I've
Disabled them but it again Giving the same Error. I've
changed the Cd's Many time but no use. Can anyone Help Me
With It????
8 answers Last reply
More about install windows 2000
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Will u send me the exact error message once again

    I have semilar error message like

    ***STOP 0x000000D1 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys

    But this is for network card

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812484&Product=win20
    00

    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys" Error Message When You Run
    Windows 2000 Setup
    View products that this article applies to.
    SYMPTOMS
    When you run Windows 2000 Setup, you may receive the following Stop error
    message on a blue screen:

    ***STOP 0x000000D1 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys
    CAUSE
    This issue may occur if your computer uses a 3COM network adapter, and the
    driver for the 3COM network adapter is outdated or is incompatible with
    Windows 2000. This is known to occur with the 3COM Megahertz 10/100 LAN PC
    Card Model #3CCFE574bBT.
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue:
    Quit Windows 2000 Setup, and then remove the network adapter from your
    computer. For more information about how to remove the network adapter from
    your computer, view the documentation that is included with your hardware
    or contact your hardware manufacturer. For information about how to contact
    your hardware manufacturer, click the appropriate article number in the
    following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    65416 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, A-K

    60781 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, L-P

    60782 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, Q-Z

    Install Windows 2000.
    After you successfully install Windows 2000, contact your hardware
    manufacturer to inquire about the availability of an updated driver for
    your network adapter. After you obtain and install this updated driver, you
    can install your network adapter.

    Subbu
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    us;812484&Product=win20
    >00
    >
    >DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys" Error Message
    When You Run
    >Windows 2000 Setup
    >View products that this article applies to.
    >SYMPTOMS
    >When you run Windows 2000 Setup, you may receive the
    following Stop error
    >message on a blue screen:
    >
    >***STOP 0x000000D1 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3,
    parameter4)
    >DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys
    >CAUSE
    >This issue may occur if your computer uses a 3COM network
    adapter, and the
    >driver for the 3COM network adapter is outdated or is
    incompatible with
    >Windows 2000. This is known to occur with the 3COM
    Megahertz 10/100 LAN PC
    >Card Model #3CCFE574bBT.
    >RESOLUTION
    >To resolve this issue:
    >Quit Windows 2000 Setup, and then remove the network
    adapter from your
    >computer. For more information about how to remove the
    network adapter from
    >your computer, view the documentation that is included
    with your hardware
    >or contact your hardware manufacturer. For information
    about how to contact
    >your hardware manufacturer, click the appropriate article
    number in the
    >following list to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:
    >65416 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact
    List, A-K

    >60781 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact
    List, L-P

    >60782 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact
    List, Q-Z

    >Install Windows 2000.
    >After you successfully install Windows 2000, contact your
    hardware
    >manufacturer to inquire about the availability of an
    updated driver for
    >your network adapter. After you obtain and install this
    updated driver, you
    >can install your network adapter.
    >

    >Subbu
    confers no rights.

    >Hey.
    I've tried to remove My Modem (Conaxant(R6793-12)).
    And Install windows 2000. But it Again Gives the Error. I
    Dont know what to do with it. I've tried to Upgrade it
    with windows Xp on windows Me. But When I Check My System
    Compatibility, It Gives an Error After Analysing My
    system, That Your Modem Will Not Work with Windows Xp.
    I've Tried to update My Modem Driver but no use. What
    should i do now???

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Yep I am Sending that Error Message again. It
    says, ">>***STOP 0x000000D1 (parameter1, parameter2,
    parameter3,parameter4) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
    (Than It Gives some codes In Brackets just like the
    Parameters U've write Above) hal.dll

    Than It Says If You've first time Seen this Error Please
    restart your computer In Safe Mode & Disable any newly
    Hardware or Software.
    Than It Again Give some Error(Parameters) & Than something
    Like ntoskrnl.exe etc

    Than It Says "Please Disable any newly hardware or
    Software Installed. Disable Bios Options Such As Caching &
    Shadowing. etc
    well I dont understand. What Should I do Now????
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293077&Product=win20
    00

    Error Message: STOP 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    View products that this article applies to.
    SYMPTOMS
    You may receive the following error message on a blue screen:

    STOP 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0)
    Parameters
    1 - memory that is referenced
    2 - IRQL
    3 - value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    4 - address that referenced memory

    CAUSE
    This issue can occur when the Driver Verifier feature is enabled and a
    driver has used an improper address. Note that the driver that is causing
    this issue may be listed in the error message.
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue:
    Disable all third-party filter drivers, such as backup programs, virus
    scanning programs, and disk utilities.
    Make sure that you are using hardware that appears on the Windows Hardware
    Compatibility List (HCL). To view the latest Windows HCL, visit the
    following Microsoft Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hwdq/hcl/

    Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
    Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Premium Edition
    Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Standard Edition

    Subbu
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    It looks like you have problem in the hard drive or hard drive controller.
    You have to go to bios settings try to find any hardware troubleshooting
    tool. Or you can check with your vendor for hardware test tool which runs
    at bios level. (Note: Not at OS level) Once you confirm form the tools your
    can replace the hard disk.
    Subbu
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Well I've Write That Down this Time For u. I Hope Now
    U can Help Me In This Error.

    *** STOP: 0x0000000A
    (0X20B000EA,0X000000FF,0X00000000,803A9ACB)

    *** Address 803A9ACB Base at 803A4000, Datestamp 381f8c6e -
    hal.dll

    If This is the first time you've seen this stop error
    screen, Restart your computer. If this
    screen appears again, follow these steps:

    Check to make sure any new hardware or software is
    properly installed. If this is a new Installation,
    ask your Hardware of Software Manufacturer for any windows
    2000 updates you might need. If
    Problem continue, Disable or remove any newly installed
    hardwe or software. Disable Bios Options
    such as caching or shadowing. Check you Hard Drive to make
    sure it is properly configured and terminated.
    If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable
    components, Restart your computer & Press F8
    to select Advanced Startup Options, & then select Safe
    Mode.

    Refer your Getting Started Manual for More Information on
    troubleshooting stop.
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Please refer this link
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314063

    Troubleshooting a Stop 0x0000000A Error in Windows XP
    View products that this article applies to.
    For a Microsoft Windows 2000 version of this article, see 165863.

    WARNING: This article contains steps that may involve changing your BIOS or
    CMOS settings or that may require you to make physical changes to your
    computer hardware. Incorrect changes to the BIOS of your computer can
    result in serious problems. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems that
    result from changes to your BIOS can be resolved. Change the BIOS settings
    at your own risk. If you need assistance with any of these steps, contact
    the hardware manufacturer. Note however that making either hardware or BIOS
    changes to your computer may invalidate your warranty. If you do not want
    to make hardware changes to your computer, you can take your computer to a
    repair center.
    SUMMARY
    This article discusses how to troubleshoot the following Stop error in
    Windows XP:

    Stop: 0x0000000A (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL*** Address x has base at x - filename
    The parameters refer to the specific issues that are involved:
    Parameter 1 - An address that was referenced improperly
    Parameter 2 - An IRQL that was required to access the memory
    Parameter 3 - The type of access, where 0 is a read operation and 1 is a
    write operation
    Parameter 4 - The address of the instruction that referenced memory in
    parameter 1
    This article describes troubleshooting steps to take if you receive this
    Stop error either during or after the installation of Windows XP.
    MORE INFORMATION
    Stop error 0x0000000A (Stop 0x0A) shows that there was an attempt in kernel
    mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level
    (IRQL). This error usually occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory
    address. Other possible causes of this error are an incompatible device
    driver, a general hardware problem, and incompatible software.
    A Stop 0x0A Error During the Installation of Windows
    If you receive a Stop 0x0A error during the installation of Windows, use
    the following troubleshooting procedures to check hardware components.
    Check the HCL
    Verify that your hardware is on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List
    (HCL). If your hardware is not on the Windows XP HCL, consider obtaining
    hardware that is on the HCL.

    For additional information about the Windows HCL, click the article number
    below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    314062 The Latest Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List

    The latest HCL is available at the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/

    Also, read the "Check System Compatibility" topic on the Windows XP CD-ROM
    to find out about potential software and hardware incompatibility.

    The following troubleshooting steps can help you isolate the problem. Use
    the Windows XP CD-ROM to start the computer, and then follow the on-screen
    installation instructions.
    Check Other Hardware Issues
    If you continue to receive a Stop 0x0A error during the installation of
    Windows XP, try the following troubleshooting steps. After each step, try
    again to install Windows.
    During the installation startup, press F5 when the "Setup is inspecting
    your computer's hardware configuration" message appears. When you are
    prompted, specify the correct computer type and hardware abstraction layer
    (HAL). For example, if you have a single processor, specify the "Standard
    PC" HAL.
    Turn off the following features in the CMOS settings of your computer.
    Consult the hardware documentation or manufacturer for instructions.
    All caching, including L2, BIOS, internal/external, and write-back caching
    on disk controllers
    All shadowing
    Plug and Play
    Any BIOS-based virus protection feature
    Remove all adapters and disconnect all hardware devices that are not
    absolutely required to start the computer and install Windows, including:
    Network adapter
    Internal modem
    Sound card
    Extra hard disks (you need at least one to complete the installation)
    CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive (if you are installing from the local hard disk)
    If you are using a SCSI adapter, perform the following tasks (consult the
    hardware documentation for information):
    Obtain the latest Windows driver from the adapter vendor.
    Turn off sync negotiation on the SCSI controller.
    Verify that termination and IDs of the SCSI devices are correct.
    Remove all SCSI devices from the SCSI chain (except for one hard disk if
    you are starting from or installing to a drive that is on that disk).
    If you are using IDE devices, perform the following tasks (consult the
    hardware documentation for more information):
    Define the on-board IDE port to Primary only.
    Verify that the Master/Slave/Only settings for the IDE devices are correct.
    Remove all IDE devices except for the hard disk.
    Check the memory SIMMs (the RAM) in the computer (consult your hardware
    documentation for more information):
    Remove any mismatched memory SIMMs so that all the SIMMs operate at the
    same speed, for example 60ns or 70ns.
    Run a systems test on the memory, and remove any bad SIMMs.
    Test by using different SIMMs if any are available.
    Contact the manufacturer of the computer or the motherboard to see whether
    there are any known issues about running or installing Windows XP. The
    manufacturer might be able to provide guidance about the following items:
    Running a diagnostics program on the computer.
    Upgrading the computer BIOS, if that is applicable.
    A Stop 0x0A Error After Windows XP Is Already Installed
    If you receive the Stop 0x0A error after Windows XP is already installed,
    use the following troubleshooting procedures to check other components.
    Check Third-Party Software or Drivers
    If you have installed any third-party software or drivers, try removing
    them or disabling them so that they do not load, and then restart the
    computer to see whether that software or driver is causing the error. If
    that software or driver is causing the error, report the problem to the
    vendor of the software or driver.

    If you are not able to start into Windows XP after you install the software
    or drivers, use one of the following methods to restore Windows:
    Try using the Last Known Good configuration.For additional information
    about using the Last Known Good configuration, click the article number
    below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    307852 HOW TO: Start Your Computer with Last Known Good Configuration

    Try repairing the Windows XP installation. Follow these steps:
    Disable any antivirus program and BIOS-level antivirus protection. For
    help, refer to the relevant software manual or online help.
    Make sure that the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive is the first priority startup
    device. Refer to your computer documentation for information about how to
    do this.
    Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart
    your computer.
    When the instruction to "Press any key to boot from CD" appears, press a
    key to let your computer start from the Windows XP CD.
    When the computer starts from the CD, the system checks your hardware and
    then prompts you to select one of the following options:
    To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER.
    To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
    To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
    Press ENTER.
    Press F8 to accept the Licensing Agreement.
    A box lists your current Windows XP installation, and then the system
    prompts you to select one of the following options:
    To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R.
    To continue installing a fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press
    ESC.
    Press R to start the automatic repair process. After repairing Windows XP,
    you may need to reactivate Windows XP, if you changed some hardware.
    Try using the Roll Back Driver feature. For additional information about
    using the Roll Back Driver feature, click the article number below to view
    the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    283657 HOW TO: Use the Roll Back Driver Feature

    Try using the Windows XP System Restore feature.For additional information
    about using the System Restore feature, click the article number below to
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    306084 HOW TO: Restore Windows XP to a Previous State

    Try using Recovery Console. For additional information about using Recovery
    Console, click the following article number to view the article in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    307654 HOW TO: Install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP

    If Windows is on a FAT partition, try booting to MS-DOS and renaming the
    problem software or driver.
    Check Newly Installed Hardware
    If you added any hardware device after Windows was installed, try removing
    the newly added device to see whether the Stop 0x0A error stops occurring.
    If removing the newly added device resolves the problem, try any or all of
    the following procedures:
    Obtain updated drivers for the device, if any updated drivers are available.
    Call the vendor of the device to see whether there are any known issues
    with the device.
    Run diagnostics to make sure that the device is working properly.
    Examine the logs under Event Viewer to see whether there is any event
    information that might help you determine what device or driver is causing
    the problem.
    Additional Information
    If the preceding steps do not resolve the Stop 0x0A error, and if you are
    running Windows on HCL-compliant hardware, refer to the following article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    314103 Preparation Before You Contact Microsoft After Receiving a STOP
    Message on a Blue Screen

    You can also refer to the following pages on the Microsoft Support Site:
    Troubleshoot Windows XP Professional

    Troubleshoot Windows XP Home

    Subbu
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    For windows 2000 check this link
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;165863

    Subbu

Windows 2000 Windows