I Can't Install Windows 2000 Pro now....

I Can't Install Windows 2000Pro on My System. I've Use it
Many times, But After 26th April's Virus I can't install
Windows 2000, Nor windows XP, Linux, Lindows. I Don't know
what is Wrong with My system. It Gives an Error when i
boot My system with Windows cd, It Loads Setup Files than
asks for the driver to where i want to install, Than check
my Drive, And when it reaches to 65% It Give an Error.
Exception.....(0000000x75....something like that.... And
Below Its says. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Than some
codes wirtten and hal.dll..

And Below it says. If You've seen first time this error
Please restart your computer and start safe mode. Or
Disable Bios Options such as Caching or Shadowing.... I've
Disabled them but it again Giving the same Error. I've
changed the Cd's Many time but no use. Can anyone Help Me
With It????

Will u send me the exact error message once again

I have semilar error message like

***STOP 0x000000D1 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys

But this is for network card

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812484&Product=win20
00

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys" Error Message When You Run
Windows 2000 Setup
View products that this article applies to.
SYMPTOMS
When you run Windows 2000 Setup, you may receive the following Stop error
message on a blue screen:

***STOP 0x000000D1 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys
CAUSE
This issue may occur if your computer uses a 3COM network adapter, and the
driver for the 3COM network adapter is outdated or is incompatible with
Windows 2000. This is known to occur with the 3COM Megahertz 10/100 LAN PC
Card Model #3CCFE574bBT.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue:
Quit Windows 2000 Setup, and then remove the network adapter from your
computer. For more information about how to remove the network adapter from
your computer, view the documentation that is included with your hardware
or contact your hardware manufacturer. For information about how to contact
your hardware manufacturer, click the appropriate article number in the
following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
65416 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, A-K

60781 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, L-P

60782 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, Q-Z

Install Windows 2000.
After you successfully install Windows 2000, contact your hardware
manufacturer to inquire about the availability of an updated driver for
your network adapter. After you obtain and install this updated driver, you
can install your network adapter.

Subbu

us;812484&Product=win20
>00
>
>DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys" Error Message
When You Run
>Windows 2000 Setup
>View products that this article applies to.
>SYMPTOMS
>When you run Windows 2000 Setup, you may receive the
following Stop error
>message on a blue screen:
>
>***STOP 0x000000D1 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3,
parameter4)
>DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3cisati.sys
>CAUSE
>This issue may occur if your computer uses a 3COM network
adapter, and the
>driver for the 3COM network adapter is outdated or is
incompatible with
>Windows 2000. This is known to occur with the 3COM
Megahertz 10/100 LAN PC
>Card Model #3CCFE574bBT.
>RESOLUTION
>To resolve this issue:
>Quit Windows 2000 Setup, and then remove the network
adapter from your
>computer. For more information about how to remove the
network adapter from
>your computer, view the documentation that is included
with your hardware
>or contact your hardware manufacturer. For information
about how to contact
>your hardware manufacturer, click the appropriate article
number in the
>following list to view the article in the Microsoft
Knowledge Base:
>65416 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact
List, A-K

>60781 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact
List, L-P

>60782 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact
List, Q-Z

>Install Windows 2000.
>After you successfully install Windows 2000, contact your
hardware
>manufacturer to inquire about the availability of an
updated driver for
>your network adapter. After you obtain and install this
updated driver, you
>can install your network adapter.
>

>Subbu
confers no rights.

>Hey.
I've tried to remove My Modem (Conaxant(R6793-12)).
And Install windows 2000. But it Again Gives the Error. I
Dont know what to do with it. I've tried to Upgrade it
with windows Xp on windows Me. But When I Check My System
Compatibility, It Gives an Error After Analysing My
system, That Your Modem Will Not Work with Windows Xp.
I've Tried to update My Modem Driver but no use. What
should i do now???

Yep I am Sending that Error Message again. It
says, ">>***STOP 0x000000D1 (parameter1, parameter2,
parameter3,parameter4) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
(Than It Gives some codes In Brackets just like the
Parameters U've write Above) hal.dll

Than It Says If You've first time Seen this Error Please
restart your computer In Safe Mode & Disable any newly
Hardware or Software.
Than It Again Give some Error(Parameters) & Than something
Like ntoskrnl.exe etc

Than It Says "Please Disable any newly hardware or
Software Installed. Disable Bios Options Such As Caching &
Shadowing. etc
well I dont understand. What Should I do Now????

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293077&Product=win20
00

Error Message: STOP 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
View products that this article applies to.
SYMPTOMS
You may receive the following error message on a blue screen:

STOP 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0)
Parameters
1 - memory that is referenced
2 - IRQL
3 - value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
4 - address that referenced memory

CAUSE
This issue can occur when the Driver Verifier feature is enabled and a
driver has used an improper address. Note that the driver that is causing
this issue may be listed in the error message.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue:
Disable all third-party filter drivers, such as backup programs, virus
scanning programs, and disk utilities.
Make sure that you are using hardware that appears on the Windows Hardware
Compatibility List (HCL). To view the latest Windows HCL, visit the
following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/hwdq/hcl/

Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Premium Edition
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Standard Edition

Subbu

It looks like you have problem in the hard drive or hard drive controller.
You have to go to bios settings try to find any hardware troubleshooting
tool. Or you can check with your vendor for hardware test tool which runs
at bios level. (Note: Not at OS level) Once you confirm form the tools your
can replace the hard disk.
Subbu

confers no rights.

>.
>Hey.
Well I've Write That Down this Time For u. I Hope Now
U can Help Me In This Error.

*** STOP: 0x0000000A
(0X20B000EA,0X000000FF,0X00000000,803A9ACB)

*** Address 803A9ACB Base at 803A4000, Datestamp 381f8c6e -
hal.dll

If This is the first time you've seen this stop error
screen, Restart your computer. If this
screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is
properly installed. If this is a new Installation,
ask your Hardware of Software Manufacturer for any windows
2000 updates you might need. If
Problem continue, Disable or remove any newly installed
hardwe or software. Disable Bios Options
such as caching or shadowing. Check you Hard Drive to make
sure it is properly configured and terminated.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable
components, Restart your computer & Press F8
to select Advanced Startup Options, & then select Safe
Mode.

Refer your Getting Started Manual for More Information on
troubleshooting stop.

Please refer this link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314063

Troubleshooting a Stop 0x0000000A Error in Windows XP
View products that this article applies to.
For a Microsoft Windows 2000 version of this article, see 165863.

WARNING: This article contains steps that may involve changing your BIOS or
CMOS settings or that may require you to make physical changes to your
computer hardware. Incorrect changes to the BIOS of your computer can
result in serious problems. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems that
result from changes to your BIOS can be resolved. Change the BIOS settings
at your own risk. If you need assistance with any of these steps, contact
the hardware manufacturer. Note however that making either hardware or BIOS
changes to your computer may invalidate your warranty. If you do not want
to make hardware changes to your computer, you can take your computer to a
repair center.
SUMMARY
This article discusses how to troubleshoot the following Stop error in
Windows XP:

Stop: 0x0000000A (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL*** Address x has base at x - filename
The parameters refer to the specific issues that are involved:
Parameter 1 - An address that was referenced improperly
Parameter 2 - An IRQL that was required to access the memory
Parameter 3 - The type of access, where 0 is a read operation and 1 is a
write operation
Parameter 4 - The address of the instruction that referenced memory in
parameter 1
This article describes troubleshooting steps to take if you receive this
Stop error either during or after the installation of Windows XP.
MORE INFORMATION
Stop error 0x0000000A (Stop 0x0A) shows that there was an attempt in kernel
mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level
(IRQL). This error usually occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory
address. Other possible causes of this error are an incompatible device
driver, a general hardware problem, and incompatible software.
A Stop 0x0A Error During the Installation of Windows
If you receive a Stop 0x0A error during the installation of Windows, use
the following troubleshooting procedures to check hardware components.
Check the HCL
Verify that your hardware is on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List
(HCL). If your hardware is not on the Windows XP HCL, consider obtaining
hardware that is on the HCL.

For additional information about the Windows HCL, click the article number
below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
314062 The Latest Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List

The latest HCL is available at the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/

Also, read the "Check System Compatibility" topic on the Windows XP CD-ROM
to find out about potential software and hardware incompatibility.

The following troubleshooting steps can help you isolate the problem. Use
the Windows XP CD-ROM to start the computer, and then follow the on-screen
installation instructions.
Check Other Hardware Issues
If you continue to receive a Stop 0x0A error during the installation of
Windows XP, try the following troubleshooting steps. After each step, try
again to install Windows.
During the installation startup, press F5 when the "Setup is inspecting
your computer's hardware configuration" message appears. When you are
prompted, specify the correct computer type and hardware abstraction layer
(HAL). For example, if you have a single processor, specify the "Standard
PC" HAL.
Turn off the following features in the CMOS settings of your computer.
Consult the hardware documentation or manufacturer for instructions.
All caching, including L2, BIOS, internal/external, and write-back caching
on disk controllers
All shadowing
Plug and Play
Any BIOS-based virus protection feature
Remove all adapters and disconnect all hardware devices that are not
absolutely required to start the computer and install Windows, including:
Network adapter
Internal modem
Sound card
Extra hard disks (you need at least one to complete the installation)
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive (if you are installing from the local hard disk)
If you are using a SCSI adapter, perform the following tasks (consult the
hardware documentation for information):
Obtain the latest Windows driver from the adapter vendor.
Turn off sync negotiation on the SCSI controller.
Verify that termination and IDs of the SCSI devices are correct.
Remove all SCSI devices from the SCSI chain (except for one hard disk if
you are starting from or installing to a drive that is on that disk).
If you are using IDE devices, perform the following tasks (consult the
hardware documentation for more information):
Define the on-board IDE port to Primary only.
Verify that the Master/Slave/Only settings for the IDE devices are correct.
Remove all IDE devices except for the hard disk.
Check the memory SIMMs (the RAM) in the computer (consult your hardware
documentation for more information):
Remove any mismatched memory SIMMs so that all the SIMMs operate at the
same speed, for example 60ns or 70ns.
Run a systems test on the memory, and remove any bad SIMMs.
Test by using different SIMMs if any are available.
Contact the manufacturer of the computer or the motherboard to see whether
there are any known issues about running or installing Windows XP. The
manufacturer might be able to provide guidance about the following items:
Running a diagnostics program on the computer.
Upgrading the computer BIOS, if that is applicable.
A Stop 0x0A Error After Windows XP Is Already Installed
If you receive the Stop 0x0A error after Windows XP is already installed,
use the following troubleshooting procedures to check other components.
Check Third-Party Software or Drivers
If you have installed any third-party software or drivers, try removing
them or disabling them so that they do not load, and then restart the
computer to see whether that software or driver is causing the error. If
that software or driver is causing the error, report the problem to the
vendor of the software or driver.

If you are not able to start into Windows XP after you install the software
or drivers, use one of the following methods to restore Windows:
Try using the Last Known Good configuration.For additional information
about using the Last Known Good configuration, click the article number
below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
307852 HOW TO: Start Your Computer with Last Known Good Configuration

Try repairing the Windows XP installation. Follow these steps:
Disable any antivirus program and BIOS-level antivirus protection. For
help, refer to the relevant software manual or online help.
Make sure that the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive is the first priority startup
device. Refer to your computer documentation for information about how to
do this.
Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart
your computer.
When the instruction to "Press any key to boot from CD" appears, press a
key to let your computer start from the Windows XP CD.
When the computer starts from the CD, the system checks your hardware and
then prompts you to select one of the following options:
To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
Press ENTER.
Press F8 to accept the Licensing Agreement.
A box lists your current Windows XP installation, and then the system
prompts you to select one of the following options:
To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R.
To continue installing a fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press
ESC.
Press R to start the automatic repair process. After repairing Windows XP,
you may need to reactivate Windows XP, if you changed some hardware.
Try using the Roll Back Driver feature. For additional information about
using the Roll Back Driver feature, click the article number below to view
the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
283657 HOW TO: Use the Roll Back Driver Feature

Try using the Windows XP System Restore feature.For additional information
about using the System Restore feature, click the article number below to
view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
306084 HOW TO: Restore Windows XP to a Previous State

Try using Recovery Console. For additional information about using Recovery
Console, click the following article number to view the article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
307654 HOW TO: Install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP

If Windows is on a FAT partition, try booting to MS-DOS and renaming the
problem software or driver.
Check Newly Installed Hardware
If you added any hardware device after Windows was installed, try removing
the newly added device to see whether the Stop 0x0A error stops occurring.
If removing the newly added device resolves the problem, try any or all of
the following procedures:
Obtain updated drivers for the device, if any updated drivers are available.
Call the vendor of the device to see whether there are any known issues
with the device.
Run diagnostics to make sure that the device is working properly.
Examine the logs under Event Viewer to see whether there is any event
information that might help you determine what device or driver is causing
the problem.
Additional Information
If the preceding steps do not resolve the Stop 0x0A error, and if you are
running Windows on HCL-compliant hardware, refer to the following article
in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
314103 Preparation Before You Contact Microsoft After Receiving a STOP
Message on a Blue Screen

You can also refer to the following pages on the Microsoft Support Site:
Troubleshoot Windows XP Professional

Troubleshoot Windows XP Home

Subbu

TRENDING THREADS