Windows NT upgrade to 2000 License issues.

Just upgraded NT to 2000 on 3 servers. 2 Servers are now
AD controllers. I am unable to access the master
controller from the Licensing console's Server Browser.

Also the licensing mode for all servers is per seat.
However, each client that logs into the machine is taking
a license even if they log into the same pc.

The other AD server has SQL 7.0 in per seat mode. I have
revoked the license for administrator, but when I log
back into a server it immediately adds 30 licenses to the
Windows Server licenses.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows upgrade 2000 license issues
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    The upgrade was done by installing NT 4.0 on new server as BDC. Then new server was promoted to PDC and upgraded to Windows 2000. The old PDC became the BDC and was upgraded to Windows 2000 also. The new server is giving the error "Access Denied" when selcting Administrative Tools, Licensing, Server Browser, Domain, NewServer.

    ----- Donny wrote: -----

    Just upgraded NT to 2000 on 3 servers. 2 Servers are now
    AD controllers. I am unable to access the master
    controller from the Licensing console's Server Browser.

    Also the licensing mode for all servers is per seat.
    However, each client that logs into the machine is taking
    a license even if they log into the same pc.

    The other AD server has SQL 7.0 in per seat mode. I have
    revoked the license for administrator, but when I log
    back into a server it immediately adds 30 licenses to the
    Windows Server licenses.

Windows NT License Servers Windows