Windows email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Windows Mail is NOT included in Windows 7. It's now called Windows Live Mail and needs to be downloaded separately.

athornfam2

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
windows mail is a built in application all you need to do is put in the specification so that comcast, verizon, or whatever email you use can be forwarded to windows mail. welcome to the forum :wahoo:

Windows Mail is NOT included in Windows 7. It's now called Windows Live Mail and needs to be downloaded separately.

Solution

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I believe XP was the last OS that came with an email client. When I switched from XP to 7 I switched to Mozilla Thunderbird. It imported all of my old email. It can import your old contacts too but it took us a little time to figure it out. The file containing the contacts had different fields from what Thunderbird was expecting so we had to tell it which fields to import into what.

There are pluses and minuses to Thunderbird, and to Outlook Express which is what I was using before. I can't say as to which one I prefer, but to some extent they both do the job.

athornfam2

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011

earlier versions of windows 7 had windows mail but i guess they changed it

athornfam2

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011

ive been on windows 7 since beta and i thought it was called windows mail still but ok you updated me on what happen thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.