Upgrade from XP Home to 2000 Professional

I am currently using XP Home edition but considering
upgrading to 2000 Professional. First is this possible and
second, is it worth the effort?

I'm not sure why you would want to do this...

WinXP is more of a drive-hog, but it runs much faster on my 1.8Ghz box -
also, my games seem to complain less now.

I have used Windows 2000 on my desktop at home, and have been MUCH happier
with XP Home (I know I know - I should have gone "Pro" - but this was a free
legit copy, thanks to Dell's mess up).

In my opinion, this is not an upgrade. I wouldn't do it...

Rob

"David P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am currently using XP Home edition but considering
> upgrading to 2000 Professional. First is this possible and
> second, is it worth the effort?

This is not possible. A new installation is required.

--
Emmers Presson [MSFT]

"David P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am currently using XP Home edition but considering
> upgrading to 2000 Professional. First is this possible and
> second, is it worth the effort?

TRENDING THREADS