Family Tree Software not Compatable

Hi: I have a Generations Family Tree G.S. Verssion 6.0. It wont work with
X/P. I followed the steps in Help and Search but I can't get the disc to even
get to "Install". When the disc is in A window opens that says "Install
Family Tree" (that's atop a nice graphic of a tree--so it reads something)
When I click on it, it disappears. If you respond please Keep it simple and
precise--assume I know NOTHING--which is the case. Thanks
--
JVista
4 answers Last reply

    Have you tried contacting the software vendor ? This is
    NOT a Windows XP problem, it is a problem with the
    Generations Family Tree software.

    Hi: Yes I did try the vendor--they no longer make it ans wouldn't offer any
    help. Also, I know this is not a windows "problem" but I thought it was okay
    to ask, hoping someone with knowledge could give me instructions. However,
    this is my first "outing" in posting so if I made a faux pax, please excuse.
    I thought this was for general help quiestions, not just for Window "problems"

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:19:08 -0800, JVista wrote:

    > Hi: Yes I did try the vendor--they no longer make it ans wouldn't offer any
    > help. Also, I know this is not a windows "problem" but I thought it was okay
    > to ask, hoping someone with knowledge could give me instructions. However,
    > this is my first "outing" in posting so if I made a faux pax, please excuse.
    > I thought this was for general help quiestions, not just for Window "problems"

    General help questions are fine but you will have to wait for someone with
    the same version of Family Tree and that has dealt with the same problem to
    come along. You could end up waiting for a very long time.

    Suggestion: Find a forum devoted to Family Tree. Perhaps there's a usenet
    group or a webforum. A search on Google should help you track one down.
    After searching from Google's main page, be sure to click on the "Groups"
    link at the top. That will give you additional results that are
    specifically for discussion groups.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Have you tried installing in compatibility mode? See:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301911

    "JVista" <JVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi: I have a Generations Family Tree G.S. Verssion 6.0. It wont work with
    > X/P. I followed the steps in Help and Search but I can't get the disc to
    > even
    > get to "Install". When the disc is in A window opens that says "Install
    > Family Tree" (that's atop a nice graphic of a tree--so it reads something)
    > When I click on it, it disappears. If you respond please Keep it simple
    > and
    > precise--assume I know NOTHING--which is the case. Thanks
    > --
    > JVista

Microsoft Software Windows XP