Family Tree Software not Compatable

Hi: I have a Generations Family Tree G.S. Verssion 6.0. It wont work with
X/P. I followed the steps in Help and Search but I can't get the disc to even
get to "Install". When the disc is in A window opens that says "Install
Family Tree" (that's atop a nice graphic of a tree--so it reads something)
When I click on it, it disappears. If you respond please Keep it simple and
precise--assume I know NOTHING--which is the case. Thanks
--
JVista

Have you tried contacting the software vendor ? This is
NOT a Windows XP problem, it is a problem with the
Generations Family Tree software.

Hi: Yes I did try the vendor--they no longer make it ans wouldn't offer any
help. Also, I know this is not a windows "problem" but I thought it was okay
to ask, hoping someone with knowledge could give me instructions. However,
this is my first "outing" in posting so if I made a faux pax, please excuse.
I thought this was for general help quiestions, not just for Window "problems"

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:19:08 -0800, JVista wrote:

> Hi: Yes I did try the vendor--they no longer make it ans wouldn't offer any
> help. Also, I know this is not a windows "problem" but I thought it was okay
> to ask, hoping someone with knowledge could give me instructions. However,
> this is my first "outing" in posting so if I made a faux pax, please excuse.
> I thought this was for general help quiestions, not just for Window "problems"

General help questions are fine but you will have to wait for someone with
the same version of Family Tree and that has dealt with the same problem to
come along. You could end up waiting for a very long time.

Suggestion: Find a forum devoted to Family Tree. Perhaps there's a usenet
group or a webforum. A search on Google should help you track one down.
After searching from Google's main page, be sure to click on the "Groups"
link at the top. That will give you additional results that are
specifically for discussion groups.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Have you tried installing in compatibility mode? See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301911