Opinions on HP Up, Carbos, Calcium...etc

I have recently taken to maxing my Pokes on HP Up, Carbos...and all the
nutrients. It seems to make a difference but at what point is best to give
them? If you give them to a Level 5 all base stats are raised but you don't
see actual stats rise but if you give them to a poke that has leveled up a
bit you see immediate increases.. Any thoughts on the best time to give
nutrients?
10 answers Last reply
More about opinions carbos calcium

    Raph wrote:

    > I have recently taken to maxing my Pokes on HP Up, Carbos...and all the
    > nutrients. It seems to make a difference but at what point is best to give
    > them? If you give them to a Level 5 all base stats are raised but you don't
    > see actual stats rise but if you give them to a poke that has leveled up a
    > bit you see immediate increases.. Any thoughts on the best time to give
    > nutrients?

    Well, I've never used them and I've never had a problem in the
    single-player campaign that couldn't be solved by more training. It
    might be best to level them up as far as you're gonna before drugging
    your Pokemon.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be." -- The Magic Engineer

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    Once upon a time Raph decided to write:

    > I have recently taken to maxing my Pokes on HP Up, Carbos...and all
    > the nutrients. It seems to make a difference but at what point is
    > best to give them? If you give them to a Level 5 all base stats are
    > raised but you don't see actual stats rise but if you give them to a
    > poke that has leveled up a bit you see immediate increases.. Any
    > thoughts on the best time to give nutrients?

    This is a good question because I usually wanted to max out all the
    legendary Pokémon stats before raising them, in the hopes that they'd be a
    lot stronger. Don't know if it makes a difference by the time they max
    themselves out by raising though.

    "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently taken to maxing my Pokes on HP Up, Carbos...and all the
    >nutrients. It seems to make a difference but at what point is best to give
    >them? If you give them to a Level 5 all base stats are raised but you don't
    >see actual stats rise but if you give them to a poke that has leveled up a
    >bit you see immediate increases.. Any thoughts on the best time to give
    >nutrients?

    The way the items work is by adding a certain amount of stat experience.
    That amount is the same whether the Pokémon is at :L2 or at :L100. However,
    if you reach a specific limit of stat experience, you'll be unable to use
    any more of those items. It therefore depends; if you want to use as many
    drugs as you can to save yourself the trouble of raising manually, feed them
    all immediately. If, however, you want to save money, manual training is
    just as effective.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 295

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 127

    Once upon a time Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! decided to write:

    > Raph wrote:
    >
    >> I have recently taken to maxing my Pokes on HP Up, Carbos...and all
    >> the nutrients. It seems to make a difference but at what point is
    >> best to give them? If you give them to a Level 5 all base stats are
    >> raised but you don't see actual stats rise but if you give them to a
    >> poke that has leveled up a bit you see immediate increases.. Any
    >> thoughts on the best time to give nutrients?
    >>
    > Well, I've never used them and I've never had a problem in the
    > single-player campaign that couldn't be solved by more training. It
    > might be best to level them up as far as you're gonna before drugging
    > your Pokemon.

    Maxing out stats for legendaries at level 50 is a good idea so that they're
    at full strength. Apparently, giving the drugs actually makes your Pokémon
    like you more.

    Once upon a time STEFFAN HEDD ALUN decided to write:

    > "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I have recently taken to maxing my Pokes on HP Up, Carbos...and all
    >> the nutrients. It seems to make a difference but at what point is
    >> best to give them? If you give them to a Level 5 all base stats are
    >> raised but you don't see actual stats rise but if you give them to a
    >> poke that has leveled up a bit you see immediate increases.. Any
    >> thoughts on the best time to give nutrients?
    >
    > The way the items work is by adding a certain amount of stat
    > experience. That amount is the same whether the Pokémon is at :L2 or
    > at :L100. However, if you reach a specific limit of stat experience,
    > you'll be unable to use any more of those items. It therefore
    > depends; if you want to use as many drugs as you can to save yourself
    > the trouble of raising manually, feed them all immediately. If,
    > however, you want to save money, manual training is just as effective.

    So basically it's a short term thing, which doesn't end up counting if you
    raise them to, say level 100. BTW, Pokémon generally will accept 10 of each
    item if no manual training has been done.

    "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Once upon a time STEFFAN HEDD ALUN decided to write:
    >
    >> "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> I have recently taken to maxing my Pokes on HP Up, Carbos...and all
    >>> the nutrients. It seems to make a difference but at what point is
    >>> best to give them? If you give them to a Level 5 all base stats are
    >>> raised but you don't see actual stats rise but if you give them to a
    >>> poke that has leveled up a bit you see immediate increases.. Any
    >>> thoughts on the best time to give nutrients?
    >>
    >> The way the items work is by adding a certain amount of stat
    >> experience. That amount is the same whether the Pokémon is at :L2 or
    >> at :L100. However, if you reach a specific limit of stat experience,
    >> you'll be unable to use any more of those items. It therefore
    >> depends; if you want to use as many drugs as you can to save yourself
    >> the trouble of raising manually, feed them all immediately. If,
    >> however, you want to save money, manual training is just as effective.
    >
    > So basically it's a short term thing, which doesn't end up counting if you
    > raise them to, say level 100. BTW, Pokémon generally will accept 10 of
    > each item if no manual training has been done.

    So this would help if you are raising in Day Care or with Exp Share...but
    not really if you are raising to level 100. Since what I'm doing now is
    raising to L100, then it does me no good...I guess.

    Current L100 Pokes:

    Legendary:
    Entei
    Ho-oh
    Mewtwo
    Jirachi
    Rayquaza
    Grouden
    Kyogre
    Raikou

    Non-Legendary:
    Espeon
    Mr. Mime
    Misdreavus
    Togetic
    Vaporeon
    Electabuzz

    Tyranitar and Blastoise are getting close...not sure which I will raise
    after that.

    Once upon a time Raph decided to write:

    > "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Once upon a time STEFFAN HEDD ALUN decided to write:
    >>
    >>> "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> The way the items work is by adding a certain amount of stat
    >>> experience. That amount is the same whether the Pokémon is at :L2 or
    >>> at :L100. However, if you reach a specific limit of stat
    >>> experience, you'll be unable to use any more of those items. It
    >>> therefore depends; if you want to use as many drugs as you can to
    >>> save yourself the trouble of raising manually, feed them all
    >>> immediately. If, however, you want to save money, manual training
    >>> is just as effective.
    >>
    >> So basically it's a short term thing, which doesn't end up counting
    >> if you raise them to, say level 100. BTW, Pokémon generally will
    >> accept 10 of each item if no manual training has been done.
    >
    > So this would help if you are raising in Day Care or with Exp
    > Share...but not really if you are raising to level 100. Since what
    > I'm doing now is raising to L100, then it does me no good...I guess.
    >
    > Current L100 Pokes:

    If it's not too much bother, could you list your movesets for the
    legendaries?

    > Legendary:
    > Entei
    > Ho-oh
    > Mewtwo
    > Jirachi
    > Rayquaza
    > Grouden
    > Kyogre
    > Raikou
    >
    > Non-Legendary:
    > Espeon
    > Mr. Mime
    > Misdreavus
    > Togetic
    > Vaporeon
    > Electabuzz
    >
    > Tyranitar and Blastoise are getting close...not sure which I will
    > raise after that.

    I've been raising my Ruby team to level 100. Breloom, Salamence and Swampert
    were at level 100 for a few days now. Yesterday I managed to get Manectric
    up there. Now only Gardevoir and Camerupt to go. My Ruby legendaries are at
    level 50 minus Rayquaza of course. I need to give Latios a proper moveset,
    so anyone have any suggestions? Right now he has Psychic, Recover, Dragon
    Dance (useless in a way without an attack stat based move) and Refresh. I'm
    considering teaching it Dragon claw, but I'd like to hear some good
    movesets. I'm still finding the final level 50 colosseum difficult with
    level 50 legendaries so perhaps I need a better strategy.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > Once upon a time Raph decided to write:
    >
    >> "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Once upon a time STEFFAN HEDD ALUN decided to write:

    >>> So basically it's a short term thing, which doesn't end up counting
    >>> if you raise them to, say level 100. BTW, Pokémon generally will
    >>> accept 10 of each item if no manual training has been done.
    >>
    >> So this would help if you are raising in Day Care or with Exp
    >> Share...but not really if you are raising to level 100. Since what
    >> I'm doing now is raising to L100, then it does me no good...I guess.
    >>
    >> Current L100 Pokes:
    >
    > If it's not too much bother, could you list your movesets for the
    > legendaries?
    >
    >> Legendary:
    >> Entei
    >> Ho-oh
    >> Mewtwo
    >> Jirachi
    >> Rayquaza
    >> Grouden
    >> Kyogre
    >> Raikou
    >>
    >> Non-Legendary:
    >> Espeon
    >> Mr. Mime
    >> Misdreavus
    >> Togetic
    >> Vaporeon
    >> Electabuzz
    >>
    >> Tyranitar and Blastoise are getting close...not sure which I will
    >> raise after that.
    >
    > I've been raising my Ruby team to level 100. Breloom, Salamence and
    > Swampert were at level 100 for a few days now. Yesterday I managed to get
    > Manectric up there. Now only Gardevoir and Camerupt to go. My Ruby
    > legendaries are at level 50 minus Rayquaza of course. I need to give
    > Latios a proper moveset, so anyone have any suggestions? Right now he has
    > Psychic, Recover, Dragon Dance (useless in a way without an attack stat
    > based move) and Refresh. I'm considering teaching it Dragon claw, but I'd
    > like to hear some good movesets. I'm still finding the final level 50
    > colosseum difficult with level 50 legendaries so perhaps I need a better
    > strategy.

    I am about to fight my last 50 level Colosseum battle - I finished the
    single battle but still need the double and then it's on to the 100 level.
    My list above was wrong I do not have Raikou at level 100 ( I kept him at 50
    for now..), the other one I have is an Armaldo.

    No immediate suggestions on Latios, but I am thinking about that one as
    well...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    message news:3805q3F5eug8pU1@individual.net...
    > Raph wrote:
    >
    >> I have recently taken to maxing my Pokes on HP Up, Carbos...and all the
    >> nutrients. It seems to make a difference but at what point is best to
    >> give them? If you give them to a Level 5 all base stats are raised but
    >> you don't see actual stats rise but if you give them to a poke that has
    >> leveled up a bit you see immediate increases.. Any thoughts on the best
    >> time to give nutrients?
    > Well, I've never used them and I've never had a problem in the
    > single-player campaign that couldn't be solved by more training. It might
    > be best to level them up as far as you're gonna before drugging your
    > Pokemon.

    The drugs give the equivalent of EVs, of which each poke is only allowed to
    gain 512 total in the advanced games, unlike the originals where each stat
    could be maxed out. So if you really want your poke to have say max speed,
    then feed it the 10 Carbs as soon as you get it. They keep these EV stats,
    and as you raise it, and fight things that give EVs in other things, you
    have given it a head start on it's max speed.

    This new system means that there is much greater variations in pokes than in
    the original games. It's a lot closer to what they said the original games
    were going to be like. Every poke gets to be an extention of what it's
    owner/trainer wants it to be. If you fight defensively, you would raise up
    it's defences and maybe it's HP. People who are attack minded would max out
    the attack EVs.

    Some pokes are very versatile, lending themselves to Special Attackers and
    Physical Attackers. If you pick one and max out it's SA instead of it's A
    EVs and give it Special moves it will work and it's stats will look very
    different than one raised to be a Physical Attacker, with it's Attack stat
    maxed out.

    As for the drugs, figure out how you will use the poke, and then max out
    it's drugs in the stats you want (I tend to be more balanced, but I don't
    battle other people), and find out the pokes who give the Evs for the stats
    you want. Only fight those pokes for a while, run from others. When you go
    to the Vitamin Guru's wife and she gives you your Effort Ribbon, then you
    can fight the highest level things you can find to just level up because you
    have maxed out your EVs to 512.

    daramark
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    raphs@hotmail.com wrote:
    > "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am about to fight my last 50 level Colosseum battle - I finished the
    > single battle but still need the double and then it's on to the 100 level.
    > My list above was wrong I do not have Raikou at level 100 ( I kept him at 50
    > for now..), the other one I have is an Armaldo.
    > No immediate suggestions on Latios, but I am thinking about that one as
    > well...

    lealconcelheiro7215@duskmail.com

Hewlett Packard Games Nintendo Video Games