Windows 2000 Professional... Windows Installer

I upgraded my computer which had Win98 to Win2000 and now
I am trying to install Framework for a class of mine and
it's telling me it cannot find the Windows installer...
any suggestions?

===
Hi,

May be the Windows Installer service is not started yet, or may be set to
manual. You can change the status to automatic and reboot the PC and see
whether the installer service has started. To find the installer
service,look under Control Panel -administrative tools -services.
Try installing any other application and see whether its getting installed.
If you still get the error regarding installer,try re-installing the
same.You can download the Windows Installer package from the following URL.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4b6140f9-2d36-4977-
8fa1-6f8a0f5dca8f&DisplayLang=en

regards
Sree Karunakaran

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

===