shizza

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Anyone using a Kama Bay inside a P180? Does it fit easily?

Also, anyone have any tips on blocking off the upper fan area? I moved the fan down to the middle hdd section using the clips provided so it can blow directly on my gpu. I'd like to block off the resulting hole so that dust doesn't fall in (rather than install another fan) and make it relatively air tight. Note that I'm talking about the fan that blows air out of the case upwards, rather than the one that blows out the back.

I thought about just duct taping it from the inside but if there's a classier, better way of doing this I'd rather do that :D

While we're on the subject of fans, I thought about rubber-banding a Scythe Mini Kaze onto my gigabyte ds3's northbridge. I just read a post here on the forumz from someone who did this. Seems like a good idea. This isn't really a question but any ideas other than a rubber band? I guess if it works. 8)

I can't comment on the P180/Kama bay, although I have used it on CM Centurions in the lower 5.25" bays with excellent results.

For the upper filter, I would compose a frame of thin wood (popsicle sticks work well, if you have kids they are abundant) and stretch a cross-section cut of panty hose / coffee filter / dryer sheets and glue it to the frame. Maybe sandwich the pantyhose between 2 popsicle stick frames, may be sturdier. Secure w/ clear packing tape and it will be relatively easy to remove and clean twice a year or once per season - environment dependent.

I wouldn't use rubber bands, they dry heat / crack and break and you have a fan flopping in your rig, zip ties work very well for nonstandard mounts.

jorbor36

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
well you should block of hte portruding part on top of the p180, and then theres still the vent in the back of it. So heat can rise and get out, but no dustcomes in....

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
While we're on the subject of fans, I thought about rubber-banding a Scythe Mini Kaze onto my gigabyte ds3's northbridge. I just read a post here on the forumz from someone who did this. Seems like a good idea. This isn't really a question but any ideas other than a rubber band? I guess if it works. 8)

My NorthBridge is running at 35C under heavy gaming. Mine wouldn't need extra cooling. Not sure about DS3 though.

tonschk

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Hello SHIZZA , please can you tell me if the three or four 120 mm fans of the p180 antec case are enough to keep the computers temperature low ?, thank you for the informayion , :D

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
tonschk, 3 fans would normally be plenty. Actually it'll depend on your setup and if you overclock or not.

Don't worry about it, do your build, then measure the temperature. Fans can be added later easily.

Shizza:

I use a Scythe Kama Bay in my P180, it fits ok. Like said above, I needed a few trial and errors to make it fit correctly but didn't have any problems.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
tonschk,

I bought mine at ncix.com, a Canadian online retailer.

There shouldn't be a problem for you, I quickly typed by typing "scythe kama bay site:.uk" in google and found a few hits in your country.

tonschk

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Hello STEFX , I have question , one week ago I download from internet a free temperature monitor for the PC ( SpeedFan ), this temperature monitor check the temperature of five components of the computer : the motherboard , GPU , Hard disk , CPU , and another component , three of this temperatures go a little bit up or a little bit down slowly ( about 2 degrees celsius of variation ), the temperature of the video card GPU,change a little bit more between idle and load ( around 8 degree celsius , this is also normal ) , but the temperature of the CPU go up and down continuosly changing very very fast the value of the temperature( in a random and non sense fashion ) ( even I saw minus five degree celsius ) . This is a example of the temperature readings for the CPU ; 16 ,30,40,21,20,19,37,41,21,23,37,10,26.62 .all are celsius ,inside my room are always around 26c ,can you tell me your opinion please ? , thank you for your advice .

tonschk

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Hello STEFX , my PC details are ; CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium D 950, 3400 MHz (17 x 200).L1 Data Cache 16 KB,L2 Cache 2 MB ,Real Clock 200 MHz ,Effective Clock 800 MHz,3070MB DDR2 RAM 533MHz,160GB Hard disc , NvidiaGeForce 7300 LightEDition , the readings I got from the temperature monitor of my CPU ,are very strange , even minus tree degree celsius or minus five degree celsius this is not possible , someting must be wrong the other readings are ok
, thank you for your help .
A suggestion of this strange readings can be because this temperarure monitors are specific for specific motherboards and may be this I am using a wrong temperature monitor

tonschk

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Hello STEFX , my PC details are ; CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium D 950, 3400 MHz (17 x 200).L1 Data Cache 16 KB,L2 Cache 2 MB ,Real Clock 200 MHz ,Effective Clock 800 MHz,3070MB DDR2 RAM 533MHz,160GB Hard disc , NvidiaGeForce 7300 LightEDition , the readings I got from the temperature monitor of my CPU ,are very strange , even minus tree degree celsius or minus five degree celsius this is not possible , someting must be wrong the other readings are ok
, thank you for your help .
A suggestion of this strange readings can be because this temperarure monitors are specific for specific motherboards and may be this I am using a wrong temperature monitor