Sign in with
Your question

Demerjian feels up Agena in Hanover

Last response: in CPUs
March 19, 2007 1:53:52 PM

Good old Chuck of BunnySuit fame is reporting actually fondling an Agena AM2+ chip CeBit.

No benchmarks, though and no pics.

Linkage!

It actually seems like AMD wants the Barcelona parts to release closer together.
Thoughts?
March 19, 2007 2:00:14 PM

Quote:
Good old Chuck of BunnySuit fame is reporting actually fondling an Agena AM2+ chip CeBit.

Linkage!

It actually seems like AMD wants the Barcelona parts to release closer together.
Thoughts?

I think someone there was playing a joke on him, even though it probably was a barc chip, who says "Hey, wanna come feel a cpu?"

Thats just weird.
March 19, 2007 2:20:23 PM

Quote:

Linkage!

Thoughts?

I think someone there was playing a joke on him, even though it probably was a barc chip, who says "Hey, wanna come feel a cpu?"

Thats just weird.

You can say that after being here for awhile?
Related resources
March 19, 2007 2:22:20 PM

Quote:

Linkage!

Thoughts?

Thats just weird.

You can say that after being here for awhile?

True :p  I am not surprised by much anymore.
March 19, 2007 2:39:30 PM

did he at least buy it dinner first?
March 19, 2007 3:10:04 PM

Quote:
It actually seems like AMD wants the Barcelona parts to release closer together. Thoughts?

If he gets so excited about feeling a cpu, he really needs to get a girlfriend, or at least get out into the open and see the sunshine again, smell the flowers and that stuff.

As to the cpu, I'll believe it when I start seeing actual tests on it.
a c 99 à CPUs
March 19, 2007 3:13:26 PM

Charlie would have preferred to feel a socket 1207 Barcelona as it doesn't have all of those prickly pins in its nether regions.
March 19, 2007 3:30:41 PM

Quote:
It actually seems like AMD wants the Barcelona parts to release closer together. Thoughts?

If he gets so excited about feeling a cpu, he really needs to get a girlfriend, or at least get out into the open and see the sunshine again, smell the flowers and that stuff.

Believe what? That it actually exists in non-wafer form?
March 19, 2007 3:46:36 PM

Gee let us look at this?
An Inquirer article about AMD? Usually wrong as well.
Someone? no identity AMD officer, sales rep, ..etc
No pictures allowed? Oh how convenient there is no proof.
Why do you people fall for this Inquirer drivel this is not news this is what is called a work of fiction.
March 19, 2007 4:54:58 PM

Quote:

That it actually exists outside of someone's imagination and is ready for sale to the general public.
March 19, 2007 5:30:38 PM

Quote:
Why the lack of enthusiasm? It wasn't the elaborate grounding procedure I had to go through to pick it up (touch that metal thing first), or the fact that even offers of sex wouldn't persuade the person with it to let me take pictures, it was the look of it. With one exception, it looked just like any current X2.

(O____o) Whaa?
March 19, 2007 5:55:38 PM

Quote:
Gee let us look at this?
An Inquirer article about AMD? Usually wrong as well.
Someone? no identity AMD officer, sales rep, ..etc
No pictures allowed? Oh how convenient there is no proof.
Why do you people fall for this Inquirer drivel this is not news this is what is called a work of fiction.

I don't take it as gospel. Just a story. If true then there may not be 2 months between Barcelona and Agena.
March 19, 2007 5:57:19 PM

Quote:
Why the lack of enthusiasm? It wasn't the elaborate grounding procedure I had to go through to pick it up (touch that metal thing first), or the fact that even offers of sex wouldn't persuade the person with it to let me take pictures, it was the look of it. With one exception, it looked just like any current X2.

(O____o) Whaa?

And that's amazing as gOJDO says Charlie is a hunk.
March 19, 2007 6:06:13 PM

Quote:
or the fact that even offers of sex wouldn't persuade the person with it to let me take pictures,

I think he meant offering some girls :p 

Quote:
Charlie is a hunk.

lol
March 19, 2007 6:47:12 PM

And people wonder why I can't sanction using the Inq as a reputable source...
March 19, 2007 7:11:31 PM

Quote:

Ahhh come on ninja :)  they are as credible as the bush administrations claims of wmd in iraq. 8O

They're not that bad.
March 19, 2007 7:37:58 PM

Quote:

Hunk? I don't think so. 8)

March 19, 2007 7:42:00 PM

Quote:

the bunnies are always right!!! XD

fact
bunnies + charlie = ok

charlie alone = OHH SHIT UGLY!!
March 19, 2007 7:42:38 PM

Quote:

Hunk? I don't think so. 8)

Hey, I didn't say it. I think he looks better in the bunny suit.
March 19, 2007 7:46:47 PM

Quote:

the bunnies are always right!!! XD

fact
bunnies + charlie = ok

charlie alone = OHH **** UGLY!!

The best thing about the story is that it was Agena and not Barcelona. I think that says a lot about the release of the desktop chips. At least that they are able to be tested and aren't due until Sept.
March 19, 2007 9:54:57 PM

But how can we be sure that it is in fact Agena and not Barcelona rebadged? There are Barcelona ES's floating around. As far as I can remember, they'll both be sharing the same LGA1207 packaging, and without a CPUZ validation (made impossible by the fact that the dudes at CPUZ haven't coded for Barcelona yet) just holding the chip doesn't exactly let you know what class it is.
March 19, 2007 10:32:49 PM

Quote:
I got to second base with my old Athlon 64 once...

8O howd that work out for you? :wink:

Let's just say I went from 65nm to 90nm. (ROFL)
March 19, 2007 10:51:11 PM

Quote:
But how can we be sure that it is in fact Agena and not Barcelona rebadged? There are Barcelona ES's floating around. As far as I can remember, they'll both be sharing the same LGA1207 packaging, and without a CPUZ validation (made impossible by the fact that the dudes at CPUZ haven't coded for Barcelona yet) just holding the chip doesn't exactly let you know what class it is.

It couldn't be a rebranded 1207 since he says it looked like a 940 chip.
March 20, 2007 12:20:51 AM

Its interesting, to say the least.
March 20, 2007 2:02:04 AM

Quote:

I have a question --- what is it about Charlie holding a chip that might be Barcelona (aka DT verison Agena) that makes it news worthy enough for it's own thread?

Its funny?

Seriously... he fondled a cpu... :roll: :p 
March 20, 2007 4:49:08 AM

Quote:

That it actually exists outside of someone's imagination and is ready for sale to the general public.I think Chuck imagined the whole thing, in a drunken stupor. Just read the title. "Barcelona spotted in Hangover" Nuff said. :x
March 20, 2007 6:34:32 AM

Quote:
I have a question --- what is it about Charlie holding a chip that might be Barcelona (aka DT verison Agena) that makes it news worthy enough for it's own thread?

Not worthy for it's own thread, but worthy for two if you count the thread about the pic of defective Barcelona wafer.
March 20, 2007 2:14:58 PM

Quote:

Its funny?

Perhaps, but is Charlie getting all hot and bothered over a chip that has no markings worth talking about.... well, I guess Baron likes to watch.

Oh dear, Voyerism is showing its face. Should we find a knight in shining armor to go vanquish a besotted Baron?
March 20, 2007 3:17:08 PM

I guess what matters here is not the chip, obviously it's the Article from TheInq. 8O 8O

nice pic of charlie though.. Where dya get that, i guess it's from another Techarazzi site, LOL, just kidding..
March 20, 2007 8:22:57 PM

Quote:

Its funny?

Perhaps, but is Charlie getting all hot and bothered over a chip that has no markings worth talking about.... well, I guess Baron likes to watch.

What watch, we don't even get a picture.
March 21, 2007 2:18:54 AM

Quote:

Its funny?

What watch, we don't even get a picture.

You should be happy there were no pictures, because as was mentioned earlier, charlie is NOT a hunk :wink: ...
!