windows 2000 upgrqde to XP

Andy

I am trying to upgrade my windows 2000 to Xp, but when i
run the startup disc it tells me that My installation is
not a supported upgrade path. What does this mean and how
do I upgrade?

Hi,

I understand that you are unable to upgrade Windows 2000 to Windows XP.

Please note that the supported upgrade path from Windows 2000 to XP is
upgrading Windows 2000 Professional to Windows XP Professional. Upgrading
Windows 2000 to Windows XP Home edition is not supported.

Please let me know the version of the operating system that you are
upgrading from and to which operating system.

Thank you,

Rashmi