can no longer drag and drop to RW drive??

I have been dragging and dropping files to my RW drive for over a year
and now all of a sudden I cant?? Now when I look at my drive
properties it shows that it is full?? (but I know there is a ton of
space on it) And I get an error message telling me that the RW CD is
read only?? The only thing I have done recently is update my
Photosuite7. I have done some poking around on microsoft and came
across something about UDF? Not sure what that is all about but said
that I would need Roxio or Nero to be able to do what I have been doing
for a year and I do have both installed on my machine. I formatted a CD
using both the quick and regular format from windows explorer using
something called InCD format. Im guessing that it may be something in
some configuration menu but Im not sure. Please help as I am going
nuts trying to figure it out. Thank you for any assistance you can
give me.

--
polarber
2 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    InCD is the UDF software from Nero, which is why it has worked fine until
    now. You aren't using the native nurning software from WinXP. It sounds like
    you might have finalized the disk you were using, have you tried a fresh
    one?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "polarber" <polarber.1mn4do@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I have been dragging and dropping files to my RW drive for over a year
    > and now all of a sudden I cant?? Now when I look at my drive
    > properties it shows that it is full?? (but I know there is a ton of
    > space on it) And I get an error message telling me that the RW CD is
    > read only?? The only thing I have done recently is update my
    > Photosuite7. I have done some poking around on microsoft and came
    > across something about UDF? Not sure what that is all about but said
    > that I would need Roxio or Nero to be able to do what I have been doing
    > for a year and I do have both installed on my machine. I formatted a CD
    > using both the quick and regular format from windows explorer using
    > something called InCD format. Im guessing that it may be something in
    > some configuration menu but Im not sure. Please help as I am going
    > nuts trying to figure it out. Thank you for any assistance you can
    > give me.
    >

    > --
    > polarber

    this has happened to me a few times. It happened when I removed the cd from
    the drive and loaded another cd in that drive and put the old one back..
    It's some kind of bug somewhere. I had to copy the files that were on the cd
    that became read only onto my hard drive, reformat the cd and recopy the
    files back to that cd...
    Not a solution but at least I saved my files.
    sharkman

    --

    polarber wrote:
    > I have been dragging and dropping files to my RW drive for over a year
    > and now all of a sudden I cant?? Now when I look at my drive
    > properties it shows that it is full?? (but I know there is a ton of
    > space on it) And I get an error message telling me that the RW CD is
    > read only?? The only thing I have done recently is update my
    > Photosuite7. I have done some poking around on microsoft and came
    > across something about UDF? Not sure what that is all about but said
    > that I would need Roxio or Nero to be able to do what I have been
    > doing for a year and I do have both installed on my machine. I
    > formatted a CD using both the quick and regular format from windows
    > explorer using something called InCD format. Im guessing that it may
    > be something in some configuration menu but Im not sure. Please help
    > as I am going nuts trying to figure it out. Thank you for any
    > assistance you can give me.
    >

    > --
    > polarber

Microsoft Windows XP