FTP Site for all Windows updates?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Hey,

I was wondering if there is an FTP site were all updates
for Win2000 are located. I am intending to deploy a small
program that will automatically download the folders
contents from the Microsoft FTP site into my network
directories.

The reason for this is that our network has a very high
security standard which disables the windows update from
functioning properly.

Anyone with any insite please respond to this post!

Thanks,

Rick

Have you seen/heard of SUS? It does just that. It downloads updates to a
server on your network. Then you approve which updates you want to push out
to your clients. It's free.
See:
White paper: Software Update Services Overview White Paper

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810796&Product=win2000