5.1 Speakers and Headsets Setup

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I'm looking to get a 5.1 speaker set for my pc and also a 5.1 headset for late night gaming. :)

But I have questions related to setup:

1 - Do regular speaker systems (like the z5300 or Gigaworks) have headset output, so I don't need to switch cables at the back of the PC?

2 - If speaker systems don't have headset output, are there any 5.1 sound hubs available on the market? And if are, can anyone suggest one?

Thanks in advance,
Sviola.

inshadows

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Speakers do have an output but it tends to be just stereo

there is a version of the speedlink medusa that has a built in hub for easy switching. I've heard they are quite good for games but not great for music and video.

sweetpants

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
Generally no they don't have a 5.1 headset hookup.

I haven't seen or heard of one, but that doesn't mean they are out there...

I currently have these . The force feedback is a vibration effect in the headphones to make the bass feel more real.

As for speakers, I've always looked at logitech first, but if you can dish out money I'd grab Klipch speakers.

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
That headset looks nice. I was looking forward to this one, but I'm still thinking and analising the best (and affordable) option I can get. On the speakers, I was thinking of the z5300, altough I would like it to have wireless controller.

But what worries me the most is the 5.1 hub, as it would be a pain in the neck to keep switching the speaker setup with the headset whenever I want to watch a movie or play a game, and, unfortunately, I don't have enough free time to build me one.