Which do you think is more preferable, a Ludicolo with Rain Dish or the
ability to increase speed in rain? I think I probably like Rain dish better.
I'm asking because I'm considering raising one a bit.

Also what's the best grass attack for it to learn or inherit? All I can
think of is Giga drain. Not sure if it can learn magical leaf and I've tried
passing on leaf blade, which didn't work.

Is the Sceptile group the only one that can learn leaf blade? Thanks for
help/advice in advance.

clayton

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:421d4363@x-privat.org...
> Which do you think is more preferable, a Ludicolo with Rain Dish or the
> ability to increase speed in rain? I think I probably like Rain dish better.
> I'm asking because I'm considering raising one a bit.

Well as both depend on Rain Dance, I don't know if it really matters.
I prefer Rain Dish for the health, but Swift Swim to boost speed would
definitely have it's advantages.

> Also what's the best grass attack for it to learn or inherit? All I can
> think of is Giga drain. Not sure if it can learn magical leaf and I've tried
> passing on leaf blade, which didn't work.

Razor Leaf if you plan on using Rain Dance. Otherwise you could try to
pass on Solarbeam via TM (That can be done right?)

Mine has Surf, Ice Beam, Razor Leaf and something else -- I think at the
moment it's Fake Out when last I checked. I just like using it and saying
to myself "LOOK! A decoy!"

> Is the Sceptile group the only one that can learn leaf blade? Thanks for
> help/advice in advance.

I think so, but somebody else will have the definitive answer.

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
LOOK! A DECOY!

Personally, I prefer a Ludicolo that has exactly zero direct attacks.
Breed and train it so that you have High HP, High Defense, and High
(insert other stat, I went with speed), and then while breeding, pass
it both Toxic and Leech Seed (Roselia, I believe, learns both
naturally). I opted then to go for Rain Dance and Protect. (Rain Dance,
learn naturally, Protect as a purchaseable TM. With that setup, I went
for Rain Dish, so that every turn my healing doubled.

If not evident enough already, either open with Leech Seed or Toxic (Or
rain dance if it'll weaken the opponent's moves), then the other
LS/Toxic, then either Protect to gain some Leeching Health back or Rain
Dance to increase the health back. After that, Protect, protect,
protect. This has worked on pretty much anyone, as long as they are not
immune to the Leech Seed or Toxic. Flyers are also annoying, and a Bug
might pop up that is not helpful, but for te most part, patience will
take down anyone. This guy, combined with Camerupt and a Magneton has
taken me te entire way both in Mt. Battle and whatever the trainer
thingie on PokeCol was.