Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Mission slider

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 12:23:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number...
&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post2220314#2109989

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z58F4207A

Someone did a lot of datamining to get results. Well worth reading.

--
Marcel

More about : mission slider

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 12:42:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote:
> Someone did a lot of datamining to get results. Well worth reading.

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure I find the initial tables all that
meaningful, but it all looks to boil down to these lines by the OP in a
later post:

.............Invincible...Unyielding...Rugged...Tenacious... Default
Total XP........ 10367.........8826.....7456........7225...... 6405
XP Improvement.. +61.9%.......+37.8%...+16.4%........+12.8%

I think this derivation, and his/her conclusion that Tenacious is the
"best" or "most efficient" setting, are bogus:

XP/Min Improvement. -1.79%....-7.94%....-9.47%....+3.47%

After all, you only get so many missions. Taking a little longer on each
for drastically higher XP counts makes any calculation of "XP per
minute" meaningless. So fine, go with Tenacious, blow through all your
missions twice as fast as I do it on Unyielding... and I'll take my 35%
more XP for the same effort over your speed trial. :p 

Nice to finally have some hard numbers on the differences, though.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 36 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 10:46:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

>Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote:
>> Someone did a lot of datamining to get results. Well worth reading.
>
>Thanks for the link. I'm not sure I find the initial tables all that
>meaningful, but it all looks to boil down to these lines by the OP in a
>later post:
>
>............Invincible...Unyielding...Rugged...Tenacious... Default
>Total XP........ 10367.........8826.....7456........7225...... 6405
>XP Improvement.. +61.9%.......+37.8%...+16.4%........+12.8%
>
>I think this derivation, and his/her conclusion that Tenacious is the
>"best" or "most efficient" setting, are bogus:
>
>XP/Min Improvement. -1.79%....-7.94%....-9.47%....+3.47%
>
>After all, you only get so many missions. Taking a little longer on each
>for drastically higher XP counts makes any calculation of "XP per
>minute" meaningless. So fine, go with Tenacious, blow through all your
>missions twice as fast as I do it on Unyielding... and I'll take my 35%
>more XP for the same effort over your speed trial. :p 

Uh, surely you mean 25% more for some more effort. Even if they're dead
easy mobs to kill, you still have to kill a lot more of them, as well as
higher level mobs, since unyielding gets +2s while tenacious only gets
+1s.

Don't forget those last two lines
XP/Minute....... 469.64..... 421.88..... 392.52..... 443.36..... 407.49
Inf/Minute....... 326.84..... 291.35..... 272.23..... 309.21..... 284.55

421.88 vs 443.36
291.35 vs 309.21

Sure the _total_ amount of exp/inf may be higher, but that's only a
concern if you are likely to run out of missions.
If you can manage unyielding, maybe you could manage invincible and not
only max out the exp, but the exp/minute as well.

>Nice to finally have some hard numbers on the differences, though.

Nice to see that my instinctive feeling for my inv/em tanker was right,
invincible really is the best setting - too bad only tankers and
scrappers (and maybe illu trollers) can use it.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Related resources
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 4:41:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

In article <2dlm01ttltde8bt014b82qi6cahc89fla0@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
> Nice to see that my instinctive feeling for my inv/em tanker
> was right, invincible really is the best setting - too bad only
> tankers and scrappers (and maybe illu trollers) can use it.

Though Scrappers probably shouldn't try it until their defenses
mature. ;) 

--
Neil Cerutti
The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing. --Dizzy Dean
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:44:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>In article <2dlm01ttltde8bt014b82qi6cahc89fla0@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
>> Nice to see that my instinctive feeling for my inv/em tanker
>> was right, invincible really is the best setting - too bad only
>> tankers and scrappers (and maybe illu trollers) can use it.
>
>Though Scrappers probably shouldn't try it until their defenses
>mature. ;) 

Heh.

I started a new character yesterday since the stone/axe tanker was
getting a bit boring. I'm sure it will eventually be pretty good, but I
find it incredibly boring to have to sit and wait for an attack to cycle
ready and the end costs are so bad it was perpetually out.

So, having looked at a few things i'd figured on making another /em
tanker since it's a relatively cheap and fast attack set.
I liked stone for the psi def, but eventually went with ice for two
reasons; 1. Slow resistance - yes wet Ice does indeed say it gives
this, and I *HATE* being slowed 2. I thought of a good bio and link
between the primary and secondary and I couldn't think of one for
stone/em.

Hibernos, actually a dual origin Mutation/Tech Tanker - the ice is from
mutation powers but is wholly defensive, so for offense he resorted to
technology - capacitors in the belt, micro generators in the shoulder
rings (working on the temperature differential between his supercooled
body and the ambient temp), gauntlets to release the energy on impact
and superconductor linking them all.

<Getting to the point.>
So far it's going well (level 8 in a few hours), but due to this thread
I set the slider to tenacious.

Well. That might be a good idea later on, but it's a not so good idea
when you're level 3, especially not when I walked into that 75 minute
"stop the gang war" mission and had 2 groups of 8 or so close enough
together that they ALL aggroed on me.
I dropped one before I had used up all my heals and had to run, and
that's with most of them being chilled (love that aura.)

Back to Heroic for me - though I may try it again once I hit 12 and DOs.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 7:18:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> So far it's going well (level 8 in a few hours), but due to this
> thread I set the slider to tenacious.
>
> Well. That might be a good idea later on, but it's a not so good idea
> when you're level 3, especially not when I walked into that 75 minute
> "stop the gang war" mission and had 2 groups of 8 or so close enough
> together that they ALL aggroed on me.
> I dropped one before I had used up all my heals and had to run, and
> that's with most of them being chilled (love that aura.)
>
> Back to Heroic for me - though I may try it again once I hit 12 and
> DOs.

When I hard-respec'ed MMM as a scrapper, I set the slider to the middle
setting pretty much right away. It's been a good move so far and probably
contributed to making level 8 so quickly. I wouldn't move it any higher
yet, though. Scrappers need defenses before they can manage +2 missions.

I did like that the change cost a whopping 10 Inf at level 2 or 3. :) 


(Hard respec = blew away the slot and started over... liked the name but
didn't want another tanker.)

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 36 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 7:25:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in
news:Xns95FA549C0C1E1nitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44:

> hard-respec'ed

Ooooo, I like the term...

--
Marcel
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 11:14:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> So far it's going well (level 8 in a few hours), but due to this
>> thread I set the slider to tenacious.
>>
>> Well. That might be a good idea later on, but it's a not so good idea
>> when you're level 3, especially not when I walked into that 75 minute
>> "stop the gang war" mission and had 2 groups of 8 or so close enough
>> together that they ALL aggroed on me.
>> I dropped one before I had used up all my heals and had to run, and
>> that's with most of them being chilled (love that aura.)
>>
>> Back to Heroic for me - though I may try it again once I hit 12 and
>> DOs.
>
>When I hard-respec'ed MMM as a scrapper, I set the slider to the middle
>setting pretty much right away. It's been a good move so far and probably
>contributed to making level 8 so quickly. I wouldn't move it any higher
>yet, though. Scrappers need defenses before they can manage +2 missions.

I was doing fine up till that one mission and those two very large
groups close together.

>I did like that the change cost a whopping 10 Inf at level 2 or 3. :) 

Yes, that was nice. When I went the guy said "I need at least 10 inf to
do this", since as a shiny new level 2 I had none.

>(Hard respec = blew away the slot and started over... liked the name but
>didn't want another tanker.)

I've always referred to this as rerolling.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 12:05:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On 10 Feb 2005 13:41:42 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:

> In article <2dlm01ttltde8bt014b82qi6cahc89fla0@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
>> Nice to see that my instinctive feeling for my inv/em tanker
>> was right, invincible really is the best setting - too bad only
>> tankers and scrappers (and maybe illu trollers) can use it.
>
> Though Scrappers probably shouldn't try it until their defenses
> mature. ;) 

And Tankers probably shouldn't try unless they have the evening free. ;) 

--
"When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
good sign." -G
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 5:06:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:59:27 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

> Kraiisahka does not have maxed out resists/defences, but she does
> have 5/6 slotted attacks and her resists/defences are good enough
> for the amount of time the enemy lives (which generally isn't very
> long.)

You may regret that when you start running into AVs toward the
end-game. The AV in the Sarah Moore Shadow Shard TF, for instance,
had some monstrous stomp attacks...one stomp and everyone in our
group, including Tankers--except for the one Invuln Tanker we had
who'd maxed his resists--went splat.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free monitor or TV set!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 5:06:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:59:27 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>
>> Kraiisahka does not have maxed out resists/defences, but she does
>> have 5/6 slotted attacks and her resists/defences are good enough
>> for the amount of time the enemy lives (which generally isn't very
>> long.)
>
>You may regret that when you start running into AVs toward the
>end-game. The AV in the Sarah Moore Shadow Shard TF, for instance,
>had some monstrous stomp attacks...one stomp and everyone in our
>group, including Tankers--except for the one Invuln Tanker we had
>who'd maxed his resists--went splat.

Won't be an issue since she's got ages yet to boost up her resists since
she's only 34 at the moment.

It's just I focused on combat ability first instead of resists/defences
so I _can_ fight things just fine solo.

AVs are always a special case since the Devs seem to pull out every
cheap trick to make them Uber Tank Mages and almost unbeatable by groups
much less a soloist.

Considering how often they mention balance, it's pretty sad how little
knowledge they have of what balance means when it comes to AVs or Giant
Monsters (or most other things really.)

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 8:43:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> I've always referred to this as rerolling.

"Roooolllllll... another one, just like the other one..."

Sorry, maybe that's too obscure for you youngsters. :p 

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 36 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 8:46:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> Don't you kid yourself. An offensively built tanker will tear through
> things as fast as a scrapper.

You betcha, bucky.

> I don't build provoke-bot meatshields, I build effective combat
> soloists who can also function in a team.

Hear, hear!

I had no real clue when I built my first/main alt, but I seem to have
chosen well for this kind of useful soloer/solid aggro-magnet with both
singleton and team capabilities. I guess I was helped by not knowing a
thing about how tankers were "spozed to be." (I really didn't even
change much on the free respec - moved slotting around more than
anything else.)

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 36 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 12:06:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> Don't you kid yourself. An offensively built tanker will tear through
>> things as fast as a scrapper.
>
>You betcha, bucky.
>
>> I don't build provoke-bot meatshields, I build effective combat
>> soloists who can also function in a team.
>
>Hear, hear!

I've never understood why people would actually want to play a character
that they deliberately gimped by ignoring all it's offense possibility.

>I had no real clue when I built my first/main alt, but I seem to have
>chosen well for this kind of useful soloer/solid aggro-magnet with both
>singleton and team capabilities. I guess I was helped by not knowing a
>thing about how tankers were "spozed to be." (I really didn't even
>change much on the free respec - moved slotting around more than
>anything else.)

I actually had decided on the invuln/EM combo without any input.
Then I took a look at the guides for inv/em tankers.
Then I ignored them and did my own thing anyway.

All of them ignored Barrage (the mandatory pick), while I 5 slotted it.
Yeah, sure it's the weakest one, but when you run low on end in a
prolonged fight, that's the one attack you can continuously use while
still regaining end for the others.

Heavy on the defences right off while leaving most attacks for later -
great if you can attach yourself to a team and leech exp (yeah I know
tanking the hits is contributing, but it feels like leeching to me if
i'm not damaging anything.)

Too many toons hyper-optimized for the high end game, with guides that
only seem to address the upper end as though respecs didn't exist.

I did respec Kraiisahka twice.
I'd gotten killed a few times trying to get into range and then put up
UNY (pre I3), so I finally broke down and took teleport.
Three days later I3 went live and I didn't need them anymore, so when
the freebie respect went live I tossed the TPs, and took the resists
(energy/elements).

My wee ice/em guy hit 12 last night. I think DOs are going to make a
difference, but so far Frozen Armor doesn't seem to be doing much -
heavily reliant on inspirations to get through fights in a way the
little stone tanker wasn't.

I really miss that healing effect from Rooted.
In some ways I think maybe stone/em would be one of the strongest tanks
for overall play since it's one of the few with psi defense, and the
mini-regen on rooted is pretty handy.

Unfortunately I have no space on Liberty to try one, and going to
another server would mean it would have to do the starving hero thing
and that's pretty damn annoying to me now.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 9:30:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately I have no space on Liberty to try one, and going to
> another server would mean it would have to do the starving hero thing
> and that's pretty damn annoying to me now.

Use Victory and I'll write you a check. I'm past 5M and still have a couple
of bubbles to go to a full 40 reslot - which will use up a whole 1.5-2 or
so. I can even screw around changing the slotting on Rage and other stuff
and not care about blowing away green SOs. *Sigh*.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 36 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:47:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> Unfortunately I have no space on Liberty to try one, and going to
>> another server would mean it would have to do the starving hero thing
>> and that's pretty damn annoying to me now.
>
>Use Victory and I'll write you a check. I'm past 5M and still have a couple
>of bubbles to go to a full 40 reslot - which will use up a whole 1.5-2 or
>so. I can even screw around changing the slotting on Rage and other stuff
>and not care about blowing away green SOs. *Sigh*.

I actually did make one on Victory earlier today.

Ghwerig, Stone/EM, currently level 4 I think.

[Yeah I took the name from the troll in the Elenium, couldn't think of a
good earthy sounding name that wasn't already in use.
Although I did later check on Magmoid and it was free. Maybe I'll
reroll him/roll another.]

Damn hero planner can be frustrating, not for what it does, but for
showing me the sheer impossibility of getting all the things I want,
when I want and still getting stamina at 20.

I like AS as a third attack, but i'm not sure I want to go with flight.
Going for super Jump instead either means pushing something back till
22+ or taking jumpkick as my third attack - and i'm really not sure how
good/bad it is.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:53:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
news:o b0011lah4jp45r04an66qmps6che62sto@4ax.com:

<SNIP>

> Damn hero planner can be frustrating, not for what it does, but
> for showing me the sheer impossibility of getting all the things I
> want, when I want and still getting stamina at 20.
>
> I like AS as a third attack, but i'm not sure I want to go with
> flight. Going for super Jump instead either means pushing
> something back till 22+ or taking jumpkick as my third attack -
> and i'm really not sure how good/bad it is.
>
> Xocyll

I have hasten from the speed pool, AS/fly from the flight pool,
jump/hurdle/stamina from fitness pool, boxing/tough from fighting, and
Focused Accuracy from the scrapper ancillary pool.

I plan on taking Conserver Power from the scrapper pool at 44, and then
I don't know what to take later in life......I think I'll get weave and
revive, as I have enough attacks to keep my fingers busy right now.

It all depends on if you are planning on exemplaring the char when you
take your different attacks. Can you survive at 20 exempl'd with
stamina and no AS, or do you want AS and no stamina as 20 exemp'd.

At 44, I'll do the respec mission, but I think I'll take the SO at that
time, and not respec again.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:38:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> looked up from reading the entrails of
the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
>news:o b0011lah4jp45r04an66qmps6che62sto@4ax.com:
>
><SNIP>
>
>> Damn hero planner can be frustrating, not for what it does, but
>> for showing me the sheer impossibility of getting all the things I
>> want, when I want and still getting stamina at 20.
>>
>> I like AS as a third attack, but i'm not sure I want to go with
>> flight. Going for super Jump instead either means pushing
>> something back till 22+ or taking jumpkick as my third attack -
>> and i'm really not sure how good/bad it is.
>>
>> Xocyll
>
>I have hasten from the speed pool, AS/fly from the flight pool,
>jump/hurdle/stamina from fitness pool, boxing/tough from fighting, and
>Focused Accuracy from the scrapper ancillary pool.
>
>I plan on taking Conserver Power from the scrapper pool at 44, and then
>I don't know what to take later in life......I think I'll get weave and
>revive, as I have enough attacks to keep my fingers busy right now.
>
>It all depends on if you are planning on exemplaring the char when you
>take your different attacks. Can you survive at 20 exempl'd with
>stamina and no AS, or do you want AS and no stamina as 20 exemp'd.
>
>At 44, I'll do the respec mission, but I think I'll take the SO at that
>time, and not respec again.

Actually it has nothing to do with exemplaring or teaming at all, it's
the bother of playing a toon up solo and having to find space for the
various things the build needs as well as wanted things.
By the 40's you can cram in everything since every set has some useless
powers you can replace with pools.

I'm talking strictly about the to20 portion with necessary attacks and
defences and then fitting in a movement power and the pre-reqs for
stamina.
This in itself is also a concern - take a pool attack at 6 or take it at
10 to allow taking swift - if you've ever seen the movement speed while
rooted you'll know why getting swift first is attractive.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:53:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> I've always referred to this as rerolling.
>
>"Roooolllllll... another one, just like the other one..."
>
>Sorry, maybe that's too obscure for you youngsters. :p 

Sounds familiar, but I can't place it just from memory.
But then I was never into stoner music.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 7:40:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>>>> I've always referred to this as rerolling.

>>> "Roooolllllll... another one, just like the other one..."

>> Sorry, maybe that's too obscure for you youngsters. :p 

> Sounds familiar, but I can't place it just from memory.
> But then I was never into stoner music.

Ah. "Don't Bogart That Joint," can't recall the artist offhand, made
famous by the movie "Easy Rider."

The line I quoted is repeated a couple of times, with "rolll" getting
longer and longer in each one - I think it's a good ten seconds in the
last verse. Seemed to fit your comment. :) 

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 37 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 7:40:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>>>>> I've always referred to this as rerolling.
>
>>>> "Roooolllllll... another one, just like the other one..."
>
>>> Sorry, maybe that's too obscure for you youngsters. :p 
>
>> Sounds familiar, but I can't place it just from memory.
>> But then I was never into stoner music.
>
>Ah. "Don't Bogart That Joint," can't recall the artist offhand, made
>famous by the movie "Easy Rider."

Only ever saw that once.
One of these days I may buy it on Dvd.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:25:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
news:g1311111m0rp3ajk0naa3bkvbge9m8oh5t@4ax.com:

<SNIP>

> I'm talking strictly about the to20 portion with necessary attacks and
> defences and then fitting in a movement power and the pre-reqs for
> stamina.
> This in itself is also a concern - take a pool attack at 6 or take it at
> 10 to allow taking swift - if you've ever seen the movement speed while
> rooted you'll know why getting swift first is attractive.
>
> Xocyll

And after reading my ramblings, I realized there are two rules with
newsgroups:

1. Answer the question.
2. Don't answer when tired.

AS is one of my main attacks (first button of the series), and it has saved
my but many a time with Malta Sappers and Combat Engineers(?).

In my first build of my scrapper, I took it at 6 and Hasten at 8. RESPEC!

Second build, Hasten at 6, AS at 8, forgot fitness. RESPEC!

Third build, was tired and grabbed Cobra Strike. RESPEC!

This build, Hasten at 6, swift at 8, hurdle at 10.....phew. I think I
finally took AS at 10 or 12.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:25:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Janlee <janelee@ameritech.net> looked up from reading the entrails of
the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
>news:g1311111m0rp3ajk0naa3bkvbge9m8oh5t@4ax.com:
>
><SNIP>
>
>> I'm talking strictly about the to20 portion with necessary attacks and
>> defences and then fitting in a movement power and the pre-reqs for
>> stamina.
>> This in itself is also a concern - take a pool attack at 6 or take it at
>> 10 to allow taking swift - if you've ever seen the movement speed while
>> rooted you'll know why getting swift first is attractive.
>>
>> Xocyll
>
>And after reading my ramblings, I realized there are two rules with
>newsgroups:
>
>1. Answer the question.
>2. Don't answer when tired.

Ayep, been there, done that, realized i'd goofed shortly after sending
the message.

>AS is one of my main attacks (first button of the series), and it has saved
>my but many a time with Malta Sappers and Combat Engineers(?).
>
>In my first build of my scrapper, I took it at 6 and Hasten at 8. RESPEC!
>
>Second build, Hasten at 6, AS at 8, forgot fitness. RESPEC!
>
>Third build, was tired and grabbed Cobra Strike. RESPEC!
>
>This build, Hasten at 6, swift at 8, hurdle at 10.....phew. I think I
>finally took AS at 10 or 12.

In the end I copied to test to try out jumpkick.

Cons: slightly longer animation (3 seconds vs 2 for AS)
slightly less damage
only a chance of knockback/down not the near 100% of AS
Pros: recharges slightly faster (3 seconds vs 4)
costs less (6.5 vs 7.5 end)
looks _very_ cool when done by a stone tanker with those big rock booties that rock armor gives you
will be even more funny with the HUGE boots rooted gives

I went with jumpkick in the end - the coolness factor won out over the
utility of AS, for THIS build, and somehow superleap fits the earth
theme better than fly does.

Xocyll
--
I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
!