want to re-install windows 2000 over windows XP pro

what is needed (the procedure) and is it possible to re-
install windows 2000 over windows XP. I ahve software
that will not run on XP pro and I want to go back to the
way I had it. I have 3 SCSI drives and do not want to to
reformat them in the process or to lose files contained
within.
What are my options?
1 answer Last reply
More about want install windows 2000 windows
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    Put in your Win2000 cd in the cd rom and restart your computer and just
    follow the instructions.. it should work fine this way.

    Monique wrote:
    > what is needed (the procedure) and is it possible to re-
    > install windows 2000 over windows XP. I ahve software
    > that will not run on XP pro and I want to go back to the
    > way I had it. I have 3 SCSI drives and do not want to to
    > reformat them in the process or to lose files contained
    > within.
    > What are my options?

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows XP Windows