Upgrade

McDunn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am still having problems with my upgrade. I made the
four install disks from the CD-ROM. Followed the
prompts. Now, when I boot up the computer, the disks are
not being read. Am I missing the point? What is my next
step. How do I delete the NTFS partition?

Best to boot the CD-Rom

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"McDunn" wrote:
|I am still having problems with my upgrade. I made the
| four install disks from the CD-ROM. Followed the
| prompts. Now, when I boot up the computer, the disks are
| not being read. Am I missing the point? What is my next
| step. How do I delete the NTFS partition?

What do you mean, boot the cd-rom? From where, dos? How?

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

>"McDunn" wrote:
>|I am still having problems with my upgrade. I made the
>| four install disks from the CD-ROM. Followed the
>| prompts. Now, when I boot up the computer, the disks
are
>| not being read. Am I missing the point? What is my
next
>| step. How do I delete the NTFS partition?
>

>.

Put the Windows 2000 CD-Rom in the drive and restart the pc. Possibly set
the boot order in cmos setup to CD-Rom first in boot sequence. Also look for
the keystroke (if necessary) at POST to force boot from CD-Rom drive or
check your mb/pc manual for instructions.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

| What do you mean, boot the cd-rom? From where, dos? How?

Hi McDunn,

What he wants you to do is put your Windows CD in the player then reboot
your computer. If your BIOS is set to look for a bootable CD when it's
also looking for a floppy to boot from, the Windows CD will auto start
and give you some options.

If the CD doesn't boot right away you may need to change the settings in
your BIOS. Usually to accomplish that you watch the black screens when
you first fire up your computer and look for some text that says
something along the lines of "To enter setup press delete" There are
several other keys that are occasionally used to enter the BIOS so I
can't be specific as to your needs.

Jim Self
AVIATION ANIMATION, the internet's largest depository.
http://avanimation.avsupport.com

Your only internet source for spiral staircase plans.
http://jself.com/stair/Stair.htm

McDunn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007