Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[PW!] To the Tourney

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 26, 2005 7:11:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Deep within the mind of a breeder, a myriad of thoughts were swirling
around in his head. First was the lack of internal aggression. Oh, there
was no doubt that he was still there, but it seemed to be less demanding
to dominate. It was almost like the Soldier was losing its will to fight.
Perhaps it wasn't the Soldier anymore.

It was then that everything fell into place. His own will, with help from
a Medicham had almost successfully defeated the Soldier. So what
was missing? Sure as the grass grew the breeder knew something
was missing -- and something told the hybrid that the answer was
staring him in the proverbial face.

Back in reality, and scampering around the room that was theirs for
the day, another smaller breeder was gathering up his stuff. His
thoughts were leaning toward the tournament in Fortree and what
his chances were like. He thought he had a good chance with the twin
bug-types, but in an unusual bout of seriousness, he was considering
other options.

As he stuffed something else into his backpack, he caught sight of
a leg danging off the top bunk. He sighed a bit remembering that
when he asked the owner of the leg who he should use for the tourney,
he told his brother that he couldn't help him and it was his job to discover
the strengths and weakness of various pairings.

"Fat lot of help HE was," Jeff muttered incoherently, pulling out a
rarely-used pokedex out of his backpack's pocket. "Forgot this
was here. Should be making use of it," Jeff noted, before putting
it back in the backpack, likely to be forgotten again.

Back at the top bunk, Bob was still contemplating the massive internal
block on the drilled-in knowledge. He did not however that the mental
representaion of it was a lot more ordered, like it had been straightened
out and organized, but still unobtainable. He frowned at the mental
block, more out of a pure annoyance of its presence. The breeder
wasn't that dim -- Magma put it there, it was probably all attacks ...
lethal attacks most likely. And he wouldn't put it past the pyros to
add in another nasty surprise to boot.

Gazing down at his little brother, he remember that he too had things
to do beside have a deep and introspective moment, bordering on a
potential plot exposition. The hybrid breeder sighed at the thought of
having to move at this exact moment before realizing that was one of the
perks of this particular type. With little thought, but a bit of effort, vines
hauled the breeder's stuff to the top bunk. So why was there a pair of pants
that looked to be too small ...

"Bob, have you seem my spare pants?" Jeff asked, looking up.

Denim to the face was the older brother's reply. That's why, they weren't his.

After packing what few things were lying around of his, Bob slowly swung
his legs around and slid off the top bunk. At the precise moment, only
an Azumarill and a Girafarig were in the room, both taking a power nap
at the foot of the beds.

Walking out to the main area, the hybrid breeder noticed his little brother
looking at the pinned up map of Hoenn. It looked like he was trying to
figure out the distance to go to get to Fortree for the tournament. Within
a few paces, he stood behind him, also staring at the map.

"We should probably leave tomorrow," Bob observed.

"Yeah. I can't wait!" Jeff replied enthusiastically. His eyes sparkled with
a nique cross of childlike innocence and pure determination. "Think I have
a chance?"

"All depends on the competition. Now let's go eat. Light's all well and
good, but it's got nothing on meat."

TBC

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

[NS: I know there's supposed to be a tournament starting soon so I
thought I'd least plan to get characters in Fortree. Next?]

More about : tourney

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 6:15:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Adrian Tymes wrote:
> Bob scratched his head. "Okay, Mimic, answer me this: why is Aerie
in
> such a rush?"
>
> One slightly out of place floor tile decided to hold off on asking
how
> Bob had spotted him as he morphed into human form. "No obvious?
Want
> run away from problem. Or fly away, in this case. Think if get away
> from group before Kitsu return, can have few more days alone with
Jeff
> before resolve Jeff with Kitsu."
>
> "Ugh. Right. And leaving those two unsupervised for a while is
> exactly what I'm afraid of."
>
> "If worse come worse, Mimic could monitor, maybe could teleport most
of
> group in emergency. Need come back for Nori and fly her."
>
> Bob snickered. "IF she'd let you."
>
> "Her beef with psychics. Mimic can be pidgeot."
>
> "You'd still be you, though."
>
> The blue haired one studied the floor for a moment. "...Mimic is
Mimic.
> I not Mimic."
>
> "Right. Forgot." Bob ran a hand through some hair vines. "Hey,
maybe
> Nori'd forgive you if she helped with that. I mean, she thinks
you're
> out to dominate the world, but if she knew what you were going
> through..."
>
> "Bob really think so?"
>
> "It's worth a shot. Maybe she can help you with your problem? You
and
> I have dark sides; she IS a Dark side. Or so she says, anyway."
>
> "...maybe. Maybe should talk to Nori...after breakfast. Bob no want
> leave Jeff, Aerie unsupervised?"
>
> Bob resumed his course for the cafeteria. "I'm more worried about
> making sure there's enough food for the rest of us."
>

"Now that's a valid theory, considering my metabolism and
everything."

Both looked to find Alex standing nearby. She shrugged her shoulders
sheepishly and said, "Sorry, couldn't help overhearing. If it helps
any, I could keep an eye on them. I'll probably be heading to Fortree
anyway once everything's squared away at home."

"Alex sure?" Mimic asked as Bob looked at her with mild
surprise. "Probably be busy with everything going on. Not to mention
possibility of reprisal."

"I'm pretty sure," Alex assured him. "Besides, I could use
the company. I doubt Sven and Peabody'll be that accommodating in the
long run, what with their whole 'bodyguard' gig."

"Just curious, but why are you heading home?" Bob asked.

"My mom," Alex explained. "She's in the hospital, and
chances are poor that she'll be around much longer. And considering
neither Cass nor I were around to see our respective fathers before
they bit the big one, this is kinda important to us. The only reason we
haven't left yet is because I want to make sure everyone's okay.
'Sides, what with that tournament, I figured someone may want a ride,
and Lilycove's not too far from Fortree."

The two men looked at one another, then shrugged. "I guess we can
mention it to them," Bob asked. "By the way, you seen anyone
else?"

"Nori's getting her stuff together," Alex replied. "She's
probably open to a dialogue after my last talk with her. Keaton's
probably eating breakfast as we speak, and he's seen Derek. And I
haven't seen Ben or Carol." With a sigh, she admitted, "And that
worries me."

"Mimic doubt they in trouble," Mimic assured the young woman.
"At any rate, will bring up offer with Aerie and Jeff. Not entirely
certain is best idea, but bring it up nonetheless. For what it worth,
hope you make it in time."

"So do I," Alex admitted as the three walked towards the
Pokémon Center's cafeteria.

TBC?

[NS: Hope I'm not being too unrealistic with the proposal...]
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 10:24:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> Walking out to the main area, the hybrid breeder noticed his little brother
> looking at the pinned up map of Hoenn. It looked like he was trying to
> figure out the distance to go to get to Fortree for the tournament. Within
> a few paces, he stood behind him, also staring at the map.
>
> "We should probably leave tomorrow," Bob observed.
>
> "Yeah. I can't wait!" Jeff replied enthusiastically. His eyes sparkled with
> a nique cross of childlike innocence and pure determination. "Think I have
> a chance?"
>
> "All depends on the competition. Now let's go eat. Light's all well and
> good, but it's got nothing on meat."

Something seemed to glow in the corner of Bob's eye. Looking over, he
saw a familiar purple-haired girl blushing brightly, not actually
emitting light but close enough. "I meant hamburger, Aerie."

"Huh? Oh, hi Bob. Hey, Jeff, I see you're already packed! Ready to
leave?"

"Not just yet," Bob interjected. "We're leaving tomorrow."

"Oh." Aerie pouted for a moment, then said to Jeff, "But..well, you
look ready to go."

"First we have to gather everyone."

The younger hybrid frowned at Bob. "I'm trying to talk to Jeff here!"
Her frown disappeared, and she smiled at Jeff again. "I-I was wondering
if, well, umm..."

"We travel together," Bob insisted. "You know it's dangerous out there,
especially for us! Almost every one of us either definitely has or
might have someone hunting them. Even you." Patting his brother on the
head, Bob added, "Both of you. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if
you had your own 'fans', Jeff."

Now Aerie was faintly glowing, her contained anger plain to see. "Are
you saying I can't protect him?" Her glow intensified as she floated up
to eye level with Bob. "Or WON'T?"

"What if someone throws a pokeball at you?"

One smoking hole in the pokemon center's floor later, Aerie locked eyes
with Bob again. "And that's if I'm feeling merciful."

"Look, I'm just saying-"

"I WASN'T EVEN TALKING TO YOU!" Her glow faded as she took a deep
breath, then she favored Jeff with a sweet expression again - although
she was still floating half a head off the floor. "So, Jeff, if you're
ready now we could..."

Jeff gulped. "I...uhh, I dunno. I mean, if Bob really wants us to
stick together..."

Aerie drifted over to the boy, planting a finger on his chest and gently
tracing patterns on it. "Oh, we'll stick together. I was planning on
flying you over. You'd have to hold on REALLY tight." Her blush
intensified. "We could be there in an hour if you want...or we could
take it slow, if you want."

"What I think he WANTS," Bob interrupted again, "is food. You're not so
impatient to go that you'd make him starve, are you?"

The girl paused for a moment, then slowly settled to the floor, the
corners of her mouth descending with her feet. "You're right. Food
first."

Jeff let out a breath he did not know he had been holding, then ran for
the cafeteria, one arm around Aerie. "Yeah, FOOD!" He did not notice
Aerie trailing along behind him like a cape draped over his arm, but he
did notice her smile return as she revelled in his half embrace.

Bob scratched his head. "Okay, Mimic, answer me this: why is Aerie in
such a rush?"

One slightly out of place floor tile decided to hold off on asking how
Bob had spotted him as he morphed into human form. "No obvious? Want
run away from problem. Or fly away, in this case. Think if get away
from group before Kitsu return, can have few more days alone with Jeff
before resolve Jeff with Kitsu."

"Ugh. Right. And leaving those two unsupervised for a while is
exactly what I'm afraid of."

"If worse come worse, Mimic could monitor, maybe could teleport most of
group in emergency. Need come back for Nori and fly her."

Bob snickered. "IF she'd let you."

"Her beef with psychics. Mimic can be pidgeot."

"You'd still be you, though."

The blue haired one studied the floor for a moment. "...Mimic is Mimic.
I not Mimic."

"Right. Forgot." Bob ran a hand through some hair vines. "Hey, maybe
Nori'd forgive you if she helped with that. I mean, she thinks you're
out to dominate the world, but if she knew what you were going
through..."

"Bob really think so?"

"It's worth a shot. Maybe she can help you with your problem? You and
I have dark sides; she IS a Dark side. Or so she says, anyway."

"...maybe. Maybe should talk to Nori...after breakfast. Bob no want
leave Jeff, Aerie unsupervised?"

Bob resumed his course for the cafeteria. "I'm more worried about
making sure there's enough food for the rest of us."

TBC?
Related resources
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 9:02:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Jose L. Solano wrote:
> "Oh, hi!" Officer Joy said.
>
> "Huh?" Carol blinked.
>
> "Hi," Nurse Joy said.
>
> "Oh... has your hair ever been green?"
>
> "No, why do you ask?"
>
> "Is my party still here? There's a tall girl with brown hair
and...
> uh... some other people."
>
> "They're in the cafeteria."
>
> "Oh, alright. I'm not hungry now, can I just take a shower
> somewhere?" After Nurse Joy gave Carol a towel, she wandered over to
> the showers. And showered. It was very hot, but there were no
perverts.
>
> Once she was done, she found a bench in the lobby to take a nap.
>
> "Sometimes I wonder if I'm not worth keeping track of," Carol
> yawned. "Too bad," she muttered to herself before falling asleep.
>


As Carol silently slept, a small Poochyena trotted up to her bench,
tentatively sniffing at the snoozing redhead. The puppy Pokémon
yawned, then shook himself down and jumped onto the bench, soundlessly
curling up on Carol's feet.

-

"You aren't going to look for Poochyena?" Peabody asked his
partner as the two sat down to breakfast with their current
'allies'.

"Eh, he won't go far," Sven noted. "He knows who feeds him."

Peabody shook his head, then looked over to the edge of the table and
said, "But how do they feed her?"

The two watched in surprise as Alex, at a nearby seat, sat down with
two plates filled with food; several pancakes bathed in syrup and
butter, sausage patties, bacon, scrambled eggs, and buttered toast. As
they watched, Alex began eating through the food she'd gathered. She
immediately noticed them staring and asked without looking at them,
"Y'know, it's not polite to stare at someone when they're
eating."

"Well, no offense, but you don't look like someone who'd eat that
much in one sitting," Peabody noted.

Alex smiled and replied, "Well, I'm not. This is my second
helping."

"Second helping?" Sven asked incredulously. "What did you do,
throw up?"

"No, I just have an incredibly healthy metabolism," Alex explained.
"If I don't eat around 3,500 calories a day, I go off like a
burnt-out light bulb. Doesn't help that I'm underweight."

As Alex continued eating, the two Aqua agents looked at one another in
disbelief. "A seventeen year old girl, eating like she does, and she
claims she's underweight?" Sven asked.

"Well, she is a little strange," Peabody noted. "I mean she's
what, over six feet?"

"Six-foot-three," Alex answered after swallowing a piece of
sausage.

"Exactly," Peabody replied. "The taller the girl, the more weight
they need."

"Yeah, but look at her sister," Sven argued. "She's the same
height, about the same weight, similar physical build, and she isn't
eating like that."

"She's also has smaller breasts," Peabody noted. "And a
different father."

"What's that got to do with anything?" Sven asked.

"You'd be surprised," Alex noted as she continued with her meal.

-

"<Do you think we should wake her?>"

"Nah. She looks so adorable when she's sleeping."

"What are you two doing?"

The two bird Pokémon looked to their immediate left to find Nori
standing there, Rubix and Big Time in tow.

"Just debating whether or not we should wake Carol up,"
ShadowWarrior explained. "Probably won't for a while, at least not
until we get underway."

"Oh," Nori noted, trying her best to sound disinterested.

An uneasy silence followed, Surtur's gaze remaining firmly fixed upon
Nori.

"If you're looking for everyone else, they're in the cafeteria
having breakfast," ShadowWarrior explained. As Nori began walking
away, ShadowWarrior noted, "And for what it's worth, thank you."

Nori looked at the small Murkrow, and his comparatively large Blaziken
companion, then turned away. "You're welcome," she said softly,
barely loud enough to be heard, before walking into the cafeteria.

Surtur watched the short girl walk off, then noted, "<Do you honestly
think this will last?>"

"Don't know," ShadowWarrior noted. "Hope so."

"Why exactly?" Rubix asked.

"<Not for what you were suggesting,>" Surtur noted.

Rubix looked at the kung-fu chicken and said, "You do realize that
was just me egging Nori on."

"<I would hope so,>" Surtur noted. "<If such a thing did occur,
it would certainly surprise the hell out of Alexandria's
relatives.>"

"Not to mention provide an unwanted parallel between this group and
the main characters of Babylon 5, which would seriously freak Alex
out," ShadowWarrior noted.

"<Indeed,>" Surtur noted. "<All that character's particular
love interests went and died, after all.>"

"Quite true," ShadowWarrior noted.

Nori's two companions looked at the two avians with surprise, leaving
Big Time to ask, "Lar?"

"Don't ask me, I don't speak geek," Rubix countered.

TBC!

> [NS: Yes, Carol is still alive]

[NS: Good to hear it. Now where's Ben?]
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 6:50:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> "<I would hope so,>" Surtur noted. "<If such a thing did occur,
> it would certainly surprise the hell out of Alexandria's
> relatives.>"
>
> "Not to mention provide an unwanted parallel between this group and
> the main characters of Babylon 5, which would seriously freak Alex
> out," ShadowWarrior noted.
>
> "<Indeed,>" Surtur noted. "<All that character's particular
> love interests went and died, after all.>"
>
> "Quite true," ShadowWarrior noted.
>
> Nori's two companions looked at the two avians with surprise, leaving
> Big Time to ask, "Lar?"
>
> "Don't ask me, I don't speak geek," Rubix countered.

Once again, Ben seemed to be asking the impossible. Thinking about the
tournament, he had decided that he would use his two aggrons, since they
were his two strongest pokemon that didn't destroy things on a large
scale when released from their pokeball's. But getting them to work
together would be a different matter.

"NOOOOO!!"

Both Aggron's stopped scraping to glance at their exasperated trainer.
The training hadn't been going very well, and he was ready to give up
and call it a day. It was then that a small, green, dog like creature
ran into the clearing. Nails smirked with an evil glint in his eye.

Before his trainer could stop him, the hulky steel type cuffed the
smaller pokemon into the air, and seconds later, the little dog came
down with a howl. Ben knew something his half-wit pokemon didn't - where
there was one, the chances were there are many, many more. And that
proved to be true. At the sound of the youngsters howl, a pack of
manectrics came running.

"Don't worry guys," Ben started, unconcerned, "We can take 'em!"

Unfortunately, the two Aggrons thought otherwise and were heading back
to the pokecenter - at speed. Ben sweat-dropped and turned and started
running for it back to mauville.
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:47:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:

> "Well, no offense, but you don't look like someone who'd eat that
> much in one sitting," Peabody noted.
>
> Alex smiled and replied, "Well, I'm not. This is my second
> helping."
>
> "Second helping?" Sven asked incredulously. "What did you do,
> throw up?"
>
> "No, I just have an incredibly healthy metabolism," Alex explained.
> "If I don't eat around 3,500 calories a day, I go off like a
> burnt-out light bulb. Doesn't help that I'm underweight."
>
> As Alex continued eating, the two Aqua agents looked at one another in
> disbelief. "A seventeen year old girl, eating like she does, and she
> claims she's underweight?" Sven asked.
>
> "Well, she is a little strange," Peabody noted. "I mean she's
> what, over six feet?"
>
> "Six-foot-three," Alex answered after swallowing a piece of
> sausage.
>
> "Exactly," Peabody replied. "The taller the girl, the more weight
> they need."
>
> "Yeah, but look at her sister," Sven argued. "She's the same
> height, about the same weight, similar physical build, and she isn't
> eating like that."
>
> "She's also has smaller breasts," Peabody noted. "And a
> different father."
>
> "What's that got to do with anything?" Sven asked.
>
> "You'd be surprised," Alex noted as she continued with her meal.
>
Not too far away, Keaton the samurai minoTauros sat by himself. He had
barely eaten his breakfast, which meant, comparitively speaking, he had
consumed only a quarter of what Alex did. Normally a fast eater, Keaton
was merely fiddling with his food and occasionally looking out the
window, expecting to see his sister. Kitsu hadn't shown up yet, and
that worried him.

It hadn't been long since the wereNinetales named Kitsu left to train in
the desert, and she seemed alright when Aerie contacted her
telepathically the other day. But the desert wasn't that far away, and
Kitsu's Magnemite knew how to Teleport. By all rights, Kitsu should be
here by now. What could possibly be keeping her?

Keaton got up and left the commissary. He shouldered past a pair of
Aggrons as they tried to enter the PokeCenter and shortly thereafter a
fast-moving Ben barely avoided crashing into him. The pack of Manetrics
that were chasing Ben gave pause as Keaton approached, but decided to
hold their ground against him. Not in the mood to be waylaid, Keaton
drew his sword and knocked them all away in one swipe before continuing
onward.

He eventually came across the pile of boulders that blocked the path
between Mauville City and the desert to its north. Rather than knock it
down like most travelers and momentarily relieving some Geodudes of
their nests, he instead cleared the blockade in a single leap and stood
atop it, staring out into the desert.


To be continued...?


--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be." -- The Magic Engineer

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 8:19:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Chet Weaver - Yo' Computer So Old, They Don't Even Make Viruses For It
Anymore! OH, Snap! wrote:
> Keaton got up and left the commissary. He shouldered past a pair of
> Aggrons as they tried to enter the PokeCenter and shortly thereafter
a
> fast-moving Ben barely avoided crashing into him. The pack of
Manetrics
> that were chasing Ben gave pause as Keaton approached, but decided to

> hold their ground against him. Not in the mood to be waylaid, Keaton

> drew his sword and knocked them all away in one swipe before
continuing
> onward.
>
> He eventually came across the pile of boulders that blocked the path
> between Mauville City and the desert to its north. Rather than knock
it
> down like most travelers and momentarily relieving some Geodudes of
> their nests, he instead cleared the blockade in a single leap and
stood
> atop it, staring out into the desert.
>

"Thinking of looking for her?"

Keaton stopped himself before he could jump up in surprise, and
turned to find Cass contentedly sitting on Hot Shot's shoulder, just
tall enough to be at about chest-level with Keaton.

"Maybe," Keaton replied. He sat down on the boulder, turned his
gaze back towards the desert, and continued, "I thought you and Alex
were about to blast off to Lilycove."

"She wouldn't forgive me, or herself, if she felt like we were
leaving someone behind without some assurance that they'd be okay,"
Cass noted. "'Sides, I've got a few minutes before Alex finishes
digesting enough to travel."

"So you just came to make sure I was in good shape?" Keaton
asked, turning back to face her.

"That, and give you these," Cass explained, reaching into her
backpack. She produced a pair of odd-looking strap-on spectacles and
said, "Go-Goggles. Guaranteed to help you see through a sandstorm.
They may just come in handy."

Keaton took the goggles and said, "You do realize that I could
easily just dump these off somewhere."

"The wise warrior equips himself with the tools he will require
for his endeavors, right?" Cass argued. "Besides, there are
Cacturne in there that could rip apart a Dragonite."

Hot Shot begrudgingly huffed in agreement, his eyes narrowed
bitterly.

"And they thrive in these sandstorms. Wearing these goggles will
even the playing field if you run into any of them," Cass advised.

Keaton looked at the goggles, then back to the desert, then to Cass
and asked, "What about you guys?"

"We'll probably meet up with you and Kitsu in Fortree, assuming
you decide to go after her," Cass noted. "But the choice is
yours."

-

"I still don't get how you're able to eat that much food,"
Sven noted. "Without barfing."

"I have a very healthy metabolism, like I said," Alex explained
again as the two walked out of the cafeteria with Peabody in tow.
"It's not a big thing."

"Yeah, maybe, if you're on some silly van with a Great Dane,"
Peabody said. "No offense, young lady, but no one eats that much and
isn't affected."

Alex looked at the lanky Aqua and countered, "Who said I'm not
affected?"

The two looked at each other in surprise as Alex walked over to her
two free-roamers, now joined by Grimlock along with Big Time and Rubix
as they kept vigil over the slumbering Carol. "Why are all of you
here?"

"<We're wondering how long it'll be before Carol awakens,>"
Surtur answered.

"Considering she's got a puppy on her feet, she should at least
feel like waking up," ShadowWarrior noted.

Alex gave a half-smile, and decided, "Let her rest. It'll be a
little while before we all disembark."

At this, Rubix looked at Alex and asked, "'Disembark'? Where
are you supposed to be going?"

"Home," Alex answered.

Rubix looked at the girl for a hard second before noting, "I think
you're taking the whole alien thing a little too far here."

"She's going back to Lilycove to see her mom," ShadowWarrior
explained. "A kid can't visit their family every once in a
while?"

Rubix thought on that for a second, then noted, "Assuming you
aren't talking about Nori, then yeah." Anticipating a possible
question from Alex, he quickly brought up a claw and said, "And
don't bother asking me about it, I know next to nothing about
Nori's family."

"I'm hoping she'll tell me about that on her own, actually,"
Alex replied.

Amidst a few pants, Ben walked over and asked, "What's this
about...going home?"

"My mom's in the hospital," Alex explained. "Cass and I'll
be leaving once she gets back and things are squared away here."
Noticing Ben's condition and the fact that his two Aggrons were still
out and about, she asked, "What happened?"

"Pack of Manectric," Ben explained. "We were training for that
tournament in Fortree, and we went and got them excited."

"That explains the panting," Alex noted. "Anyway, you're
welcome to come with if you want. Be warned though, this means possibly
keeping an eye on Jeff and Aerie, depending on what they decide."

Ben shrugged. "Not like we've dealt with anything more
complicated, right?"

Alex smirked. "Got a point there."

As Alex continued her subtle flirting, Grimlock leaned over to
Surtur and asked, "Alien?"

"<It's complicated,>" Surtur answered.

TBC?

[NS: I really hope I'm not jumping the gun with anything.]
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 8:37:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:

> "So you just came to make sure I was in good shape?" Keaton
> asked, turning back to face her.
>
> "That, and give you these," Cass explained, reaching into her
> backpack. She produced a pair of odd-looking strap-on spectacles and
> said, "Go-Goggles. Guaranteed to help you see through a sandstorm.
> They may just come in handy."
>
> Keaton took the goggles and said, "You do realize that I could
> easily just dump these off somewhere."
>
> "The wise warrior equips himself with the tools he will require
> for his endeavors, right?" Cass argued. "Besides, there are
> Cacturne in there that could rip apart a Dragonite."
>
> Hot Shot begrudgingly huffed in agreement, his eyes narrowed
> bitterly.
>
> "And they thrive in these sandstorms. Wearing these goggles will
> even the playing field if you run into any of them," Cass advised.
>
> Keaton looked at the goggles, then back to the desert, then to Cass
> and asked, "What about you guys?"
>
> "We'll probably meet up with you and Kitsu in Fortree, assuming
> you decide to go after her," Cass noted. "But the choice is
> yours."
>
Keaton looked at the goggles in his hand, clenched it into a fist, and
smirked.

"Thanks, babe," he said. He stood up and put on the goggles, adjusting
them to fit on his bovine-like head. Keaton looked back at Cass and
winked. "We'll catch you in Fortree."

Cass gave him an approving smile and nodded, deciding not to tell Keaton
how ridiculous he looked in those goggles. With that, Keaton kicked
off the boulders and landed several yards down the road before dashing
into the desert.


To be continued...?


((OOC: Thanks, William. I was tired of just having him hang around
while Kitsu remained missing.))


--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be." -- The Magic Engineer

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 9:32:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:
> "That explains the panting," Alex noted. "Anyway, you're
> welcome to come with if you want. Be warned though, this means possibly
> keeping an eye on Jeff and Aerie, depending on what they decide."
>
> Ben shrugged. "Not like we've dealt with anything more
> complicated, right?"
>
> Alex smirked. "Got a point there."
>
> As Alex continued her subtle flirting, Grimlock leaned over to
> Surtur and asked, "Alien?"
>
> "<It's complicated,>" Surtur answered.

Further explanations were stopped when Bob and Mimic ran in and echoed,
"Problem."

---

Two full kilometers from the city limits, Aerie finally stopped running,
fell to her knees, and tried to catch her breath. Not using her powers
had been surprisingly exhausting.

Distantly, she heard her pursuer break through the tall grass and call
out to her. But her mind's eye saw only blood.

That guy...she had looked so much like Seth. Other-her's Seth, the one
that version of her had fallen in love with. But this was not Seth.
This one had been leading a pack of punks - tough, ragged, and their
pokemon were dressed and ill-groomed to match.

Which made it so strange that a group that accepted pokemon as equals
would react with such hatred towards hybrids.

When they walked up, alerted by their pokedex seeing a ditto where they
saw a human, they taunted the boy for having a human-wannabe ditto.
When she corrected them, their amusement turned to disgust, and they
attacked. Naturally she defended.

Not-Seth's head was vaporized by her first shot.

There was a time when she would revel in such displays. Now, however,
her first thoughts were the disapproval others would give. Including
Jeff. Especially Jeff. So it was Jeff she ran away from.

Emphasis on "ran". The moment she started the cycle to queue up flight,
she realized what she was doing was the exact same thing that had just
allowed her to kill so easily. So she stopped, and just used what her
current form could give. It was in rather good shape, but even so, it
was just the body of a human girl, and so there was only so far she
could run.

And now Jeff had caught up with her. She hunched over and braced for
the retribution she knew was coming, not daring to look up into his
eyes. Deliberately not listening to his worried questions. Not
resisting his embrace as her tears fell.

Neither one paid any immediate attention to the nearby guidepost,
announcing that they were on the route to Fortree City.

---

"Mimic having trouble track. Something different about Aerie; hard get
lock. Was not that familiar with Jeff."

Bob patted the blue-haired one on the shoulder. "I'm sure Raffy can
find him. And if we find one, we'll find the other."

TBC?

> [NS: I really hope I'm not jumping the gun with anything.]

[NS: The gun needed to be jumped. ;)  ]
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 8:44:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Adrian Tymes wrote:
> "Mimic having trouble track. Something different about Aerie; hard
get
> lock. Was not that familiar with Jeff."
>
> Bob patted the blue-haired one on the shoulder. "I'm sure Raffy can
> find him. And if we find one, we'll find the other."
>

Alex looked at Bob, then gave a soft smile. "Alright." She turned
to Mimic and said, "Just make sure to give this to Aerie from me,
okay?" before giving the shapeshifter a hug.

"Mimic relay message, promise," Mimic assured the young woman.
"Travel safely."

"Will do," Alex replied. "See you all in Fortree as soon as I
can, promise."

Bob nodded in confirmation before he and Mimic went off to locate
Raffy. As they got out of earshot, Alex turned to Ben and explained,
"So, want to go with me and Cass? Be warned, we may be a little while
in Lilycove."

"Hey, you're the one with the sick mother," Ben replied.
"Besides, you're going to Fortree too, right?"

Alex smiled, and said, "Thanks," before planting a small kiss on
Ben's cheek. "I'm going to get Nori. Ben, wait outside, Cass
should be back in a minute or so. ShadowWarrior, Surtur, could you get
Carol up and fill her in?"

"We'll give it a shot," ShadowWarrior replied.

"Okay, that just leaves Derek," Alex replied. "I'll try to
contact him, see what he has planned. I just hope he's in range."

TBC!

> > [NS: I really hope I'm not jumping the gun with anything.]
>
> [NS: The gun needed to be jumped. ;)  ]

[NS: Ah good. Here's hoping we don't have too many problems.]
March 19, 2005 4:18:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> > "Mimic having trouble track. Something different about Aerie; hard get
> > lock. Was not that familiar with Jeff."
> >
> > Bob patted the blue-haired one on the shoulder. "I'm sure Raffy can
> > find him. And if we find one, we'll find the other."
>
> Alex looked at Bob, then gave a soft smile. "Alright." She turned
> to Mimic and said, "Just make sure to give this to Aerie from me,
> okay?" before giving the shapeshifter a hug.
>
> "Mimic relay message, promise," Mimic assured the young woman.
> "Travel safely."
>
> "Will do," Alex replied. "See you all in Fortree as soon as I
> can, promise."
>
> Bob nodded in confirmation before he and Mimic went off to locate
> Raffy. As they got out of earshot, Alex turned to Ben and explained,
> "So, want to go with me and Cass? Be warned, we may be a little while
> in Lilycove."
>
> "Hey, you're the one with the sick mother," Ben replied.
> "Besides, you're going to Fortree too, right?"
>
> Alex smiled, and said, "Thanks," before planting a small kiss on
> Ben's cheek. "I'm going to get Nori. Ben, wait outside, Cass
> should be back in a minute or so. ShadowWarrior, Surtur, could you get
> Carol up and fill her in?"
>
> "We'll give it a shot," ShadowWarrior replied.
>
> "Okay, that just leaves Derek," Alex replied. "I'll try to
> contact him, see what he has planned. I just hope he's in range."

"In range for what?" A voice directly behind Alex asked nicely.

"Gah!" was the startled reply.

"I love that move," confessed the fighter. "Now, what's this about seeing
what I have planned?"

"We're going to Lilycove before going to the tournament in Fortree."

"Ah, I thought I should start taking the road to Fortree. So long as I
don't
try to take a short cut through a forest or anything, I should make it in
time
to watch. Maybe I should go make sure Keaton finds his sister. At least if
he doesn't suceed right away then he'll have a punching bag."

"Short cut?" Ben asked.

"Um yeah. Last time I tried to take one to get to Littleroot, I think I
ended
up at the Silver Conference," Derek admitted, scratching his head nervously.

"You're kidding."

"I don't think I am. I do remember that tournament as not being one of
Chan's
brighter moments. Or Torch's," he added the last part to himself.

"Well all right, I guess we'll see you there."

"Probably. Well, adios muchachos." Derek said as he left with his duffle
bag
of stuff and with Chan on his way to Fortree via the desert. As one left,
three
more came back. Mimic and Bob came back with Raffy in tow this time.

"Good luck you lot," Bob waved as they went by and out the door, the hunt
for the wayward kids is on.

A while later, and near the outskirts of Mauville, Raffy was looking around,
concentrating serious in direct defiance of his usual sarcastic nature. The
half-psychic was tracking Jeff down akin to the way a Growlithe tracks
scents, only it was a psychic trail he was following.

The fact that Raffy was hovering in one spot meant that either the trail
ended here, which could have happened if Aerie and him had teleported
somewhere. The other was if the presence pooled by Jeff staying in one
spot for a short period of time.

As Raffy was deciphering the psychic imprints in the area, Bob and Mimic
were looking around as well. However, none of them heard the characteristic
beeping of a pokedex followed by two announcements of pokemon.
However, Bob did hear someone mutter "This one doesn't look like
it walks on all fours ... stupid piece of junk," and looked calmly at the
guy dressed as a punk that said it.

*gasp* TBC!

> > > [NS: I really hope I'm not jumping the gun with anything.]
> >
> > [NS: The gun needed to be jumped. ;)  ]
>
> [NS: Ah good. Here's hoping we don't have too many problems.]

[NS: There's a problem about getting jumped?

You should KNOW not to say that by now, you'll merely invite
Adrian to create or add to a problem ^_^;;]
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 7:14:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> "We're going to Lilycove before going to the tournament in Fortree."
>
> "Ah, I thought I should start taking the road to Fortree. So long as
I
> don't
> try to take a short cut through a forest or anything, I should make
it in
> time
> to watch. Maybe I should go make sure Keaton finds his sister. At
least if
> he doesn't suceed right away then he'll have a punching bag."
>
> "Short cut?" Ben asked.
>
> "Um yeah. Last time I tried to take one to get to Littleroot, I
think I
> ended
> up at the Silver Conference," Derek admitted, scratching his head
nervously.
>
> "You're kidding."
>
> "I don't think I am. I do remember that tournament as not being one
of
> Chan's
> brighter moments. Or Torch's," he added the last part to himself.
>
> "Well all right, I guess we'll see you there."
>
> "Probably. Well, adios muchachos." Derek said as he left with his
duffle
> bag
> of stuff and with Chan on his way to Fortree via the desert. As one
left,
> three
> more came back. Mimic and Bob came back with Raffy in tow this time.
>
> "Good luck you lot," Bob waved as they went by and out the door, the
hunt
> for the wayward kids is on.
>

Alex sighed. "Here we go," she said to herself at last, heading
back towards the commissary to locate Nori and fill her in on the
travel arrangements. Ben swiftly exited the Pokémon Center, leaving
Alex's two avian companions with Nori's entourage and Sven and
Peabody.

"So, how we going to get her up?" ShadowWarrior asked, looking
at Nori. "Cold water?"

"<No,>" Surtur said decisively. "<Something more subtle.>"

-

Outside, Hot Shot the Dragonite landed near the Pokémon Center's
front door, allowing his trainer to slide off his shoulders. As Cass
landed on the ground and affectionately rubbed the large orange
dragon's back, Ben stepped up and said, "Alex said she'd be out
in a minute, she had to round everyone else up."

"That's fine," Cass replied. "Speaking of, who else is
going?"

"Well, there's me, and those Aquas," Ben counted off. "And I
think Carol and Nori are coming too. Derek said he'd be cutting
through the desert and maybe give Keaton a hand, and Bob and Mimic are
chasing after Aerie and Jeff."

"So that's seven," Cass noted. With a sigh of relief, she
noted, "I'm glad to hear that, especially considering you're
coming. Hot Shot's good, but he can't carry too much weight."

"Yeah..." Ben noted, thinking back to some of his difficulties
with Aeros. "Cass, has Alex worked things out with Nori? I mean, the
last time I checked, they weren't exactly on speaking terms."

"They worked things out, for the most part," Cass explained.
"Don't judge her too harshly, Ben. She's been through a lot, not
to mention her world-view might be slightly skewed by her own dark
experiences. She's not evil."

"I never thought she was," Ben replied. "I'm just a little
wary around her, that's all."

"I almost can't blame you," Cass noted. "Still, give her
time."

Cass silently began to check over her gear, leaving Ben to his
thoughts.

TBC!

> > > > [NS: I really hope I'm not jumping the gun with anything.]
> > >
> > > [NS: The gun needed to be jumped. ;)  ]
> >
> > [NS: Ah good. Here's hoping we don't have too many problems.]
>
> [NS: There's a problem about getting jumped?
>
> You should KNOW not to say that by now, you'll merely invite
> Adrian to create or add to a problem ^_^;;]

[NS: True, but if I didn't, where would the fun be? ;-) Anyway, I'll
leave it up to Jose and Beth for the exact conditions with their
characters. Here's hoping for swift responses.]
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 1:14:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> A while later, and near the outskirts of Mauville, Raffy was looking around,
> concentrating serious in direct defiance of his usual sarcastic nature. The
> half-psychic was tracking Jeff down akin to the way a Growlithe tracks
> scents, only it was a psychic trail he was following.
>
> The fact that Raffy was hovering in one spot meant that either the trail
> ended here, which could have happened if Aerie and him had teleported
> somewhere. The other was if the presence pooled by Jeff staying in one
> spot for a short period of time.
>
> As Raffy was deciphering the psychic imprints in the area, Bob and Mimic
> were looking around as well. However, none of them heard the characteristic
> beeping of a pokedex followed by two announcements of pokemon.
> However, Bob did hear someone mutter "This one doesn't look like
> it walks on all fours ... stupid piece of junk," and looked calmly at the
> guy dressed as a punk that said it.

"Can we help you with something?" Bob queried.

"Yeah," the punk spat in reply, as a small mob of punks - about half of
them pokemon - melted out of the forest. "We's lookin' for that
half-brid that ganked our leader." He punched his open fist. "Got some
'splainin' to do."

"And what, exactly, are you going to explain?"

"That nobody, 'specially not a meestake like her, gets away wit' killin'
our boss. You mess with one of us, you mess with ALL of us!"

"I see." Bob shrugged. "Sorry, we can't help you."

"Oh, but I t'ink you can. Y'see, after she got away, we did a quick
search on her. Her name's Aerie. Known friends include Bob Raiser.
Dang if he don't look just like you." The punk pointed to Raffy. "An'
your pokemon sure seems to be lookin' for someone."

"We lost his pokeball. It's somewhere around here."

"Ha! Yeah, right. Psychic pokemon make psychic trackers. I know: my
dad used t' work on that."

Bob put his hands on his hips. "So why don't you go home and get one
from your dad? It would make your search a lot easier."

The punk frowned. "'Cause my dad ain't there no more. Just like for
all of us: the Black Porygons!" He turned around, brandishing the white
wireframe outline of said pokemon on the back of his black jacket.

Mimic had been keeping quiet to not betray his nature, but he could not
stifle a snicker. "Black Porygons? No very threatening name."

"Yeah?" The gang's speaker pointed and glared at Mimic. "What would
YOU know about threatening? The porygon took away everything we cared
about!"

"..." Bob and Mimic echoed.

Tears welled up in the punk's eyes as he cried, "That blasted virtual
pokemon! Our parents worked on making it better, but no one cared!
The company moved us from Kanto to Johto, so our parents up and left,
tearing us away from our friends! Then they moved us again, up here to
Hoenn! All we had to rely on when we got here was each other! Then
they were going to move us back to Kanto, but we ain't leavin' each
other. Our parents worked so much, we're our only real family anyway!
A-and Jeff...Jeff was like a big brother to me, then that girl
just...she just...SHE'LL PAY FOR WHAT SHE DID!!!"

Mimic waved Bob towards a nearby stand of trees, where Raffy was still
hovering, as he quietly replied, "Advise keep voice down."

"WHY? YOU WANTED TO KNOW MY PAIN-"

"LOUD!"

As a bunch of wild loudred demonstrated their offense to being woken up,
sending the Black Porygon to the ground trying to shield their ears,
Raffy silently reacquired the trail and lead his friends away.

TBC?

>>>>[NS: I really hope I'm not jumping the gun with anything.]
>>>
>>>[NS: The gun needed to be jumped. ;)  ]
>>
>>[NS: Ah good. Here's hoping we don't have too many problems.]
>
> [NS: There's a problem about getting jumped?
>
> You should KNOW not to say that by now, you'll merely invite
> Adrian to create or add to a problem ^_^;;]

[NS: You know me too well. ^_^

I know, this one was kind of random...or was it?]
April 1, 2005 1:43:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> "..." Bob and Mimic echoed.
>
> Tears welled up in the punk's eyes as he cried, "That blasted virtual
> pokemon! Our parents worked on making it better, but no one cared!
> The company moved us from Kanto to Johto, so our parents up and left,
> tearing us away from our friends! Then they moved us again, up here to
> Hoenn! All we had to rely on when we got here was each other! Then
> they were going to move us back to Kanto, but we ain't leavin' each
> other. Our parents worked so much, we're our only real family anyway!
> A-and Jeff...Jeff was like a big brother to me, then that girl
> just...she just...SHE'LL PAY FOR WHAT SHE DID!!!"
>
> Mimic waved Bob towards a nearby stand of trees, where Raffy was still
> hovering, as he quietly replied, "Advise keep voice down."
>
> "WHY? YOU WANTED TO KNOW MY PAIN-"
>
> "LOUD!"
>
> As a bunch of wild loudred demonstrated their offense to being woken up,
> sending the Black Porygon to the ground trying to shield their ears,
> Raffy silently reacquired the trail and lead his friends away.

A dozen or so steps along the trail, Bob paused. Something in him, probably
the breeder, was telling him to help those kids. Another part wanted to follow
the trail and find his brother. The drama was playing across his face like a
cheap soap. He was about to sigh and continue on the trail of Jeff when he
came up with something that was so outlandish that it had to work.

"W!"

#You've lost it#

"Actually, he right here. Dbu, I could use some help," the breeder said in a
calm yet happy voice. The shiny Unown appeared with much flouish and
sparkles, like any other so-called shiny pokemon.

"Nown."

"Yeah, sorry for not doing a lot of training recently. I got a chance to let
you
stretch your abilities a bit."

The Unown looked brighter than it did a minute ago.

"Can you double me and send him to knock out the Loudred?"

The look the Unown gave the impression of 'Of course I can,' it was followed
by a curious retort.

"Well, they hate hybrids like me. I thought they might rethink it if one helped
them. Kind of show them that there's good and bad ni everything. So try
your best not to hurt the humans."

With a vworp of displaced air, a Double of Bob appeared. Every detail
was perfect save the eyes for some reason unknown. Instead of their clear
blue, they were the deep green usually associated with impending violence.
Nobody was looking so nobody noticed however. The clone set off to
KO some Loudred while the original, along with Mimic and Raffy went
back to following the trail of Jeff and hopefully Aerie.

"Mimic no think Bob ever use Unown"

"Only because they attract unwanted attention. They are still pokemon
after all."

Mimic nodded as the trio mved ever closer to the lost kids.

TBC, natch

> >>>>[NS: I really hope I'm not jumping the gun with anything.]
> >>>
> >>>[NS: The gun needed to be jumped. ;)  ]
> >>
> >>[NS: Ah good. Here's hoping we don't have too many problems.]
> >
> > [NS: There's a problem about getting jumped?
> >
> > You should KNOW not to say that by now, you'll merely invite
> > Adrian to create or add to a problem ^_^;;]
>
> [NS: You know me too well. ^_^
>
> I know, this one was kind of random...or was it?]

[NS: Don't know, your mind is clouded and fuzzy ... the future is
uncertain with you. Chaos flows around you in waves.]
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 10:34:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> With a vworp of displaced air, a Double of Bob appeared. Every detail
> was perfect save the eyes for some reason unknown. Instead of their clear
> blue, they were the deep green usually associated with impending violence.
> Nobody was looking so nobody noticed however. The clone set off to
> KO some Loudred while the original, along with Mimic and Raffy went
> back to following the trail of Jeff and hopefully Aerie.
>
> "Mimic no think Bob ever use Unown"
>
> "Only because they attract unwanted attention. They are still pokemon
> after all."
>
> Mimic nodded as the trio mved ever closer to the lost kids.

Meanwhile, back at the pokemon center...

"They already left?"

"Mm-hmm!" Nurse Joy nodded. "I think they went looking for you."

"Then let's go look for them." Jeff started tugging Aerie away.

Aerie was still in a mild daze from the concern Jeff had shown for her,
but she rose through it enough to say, "No need."

"You know where Mimic and my brother are?"

"I know where they're *going* to be." Aerie smiled in self-confidence,
but Jeff failed to see this against her previous smile of contentment.
"Mimic and I...well, we both 'heard' the same lesson from dad." She
held up a finger, closed her eyes, and gave a merely passable imitation
of Doppler's voice. "'If your team gets split up on the way to an
objective, and you can't afford to waste time, plan to meet at the
objective.'"

"Wouldn't it make more sense just to come back here?"

"Mmm...dad wasn't always travelling from places he could go back to.
But anyways, I think Mimic will track us to Fortree City. So why
disappoint him?"

"But they're already out there. Even if they did go all the way to
Fortree, they'd get there before us."

Aerie giggled. "They're looking for an irresponsible little girl, and
the boy she's dragged into mischief. We'll just be heading straight
there. Even without using my powers, we should go faster."

Jeff did see her grimace, and patted her reassuringly on her shoulder.
"About that...you don't have to if you don't want to."

"...I do," she sighed. "I...I know it probably seems a little silly,
but...well...just once, I want to see the world as you see it." She
looked at him, stars in her eyes, and gently clasped Jeff's free hand.
"I don't know if I'll ever get this chance again."

"What are you talking about? You can turn off your powers any time,
can't you?"

"Yes, but that's not...that is, what I really..." She frowned, trying
to get the brief tongue-tie out of her mind, but could not. "Ohh, never
mind. Let's just get your things and go."

TBC?

> [NS: Don't know, your mind is clouded and fuzzy ... the future is
> uncertain with you. Chaos flows around you in waves.]

[NS: The most accurate prediction I've gotten in recent years. ^_^]
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 6:18:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Chet Weaver - Probably Getting What I Paid For wrote:
> William Rendfeld wrote:
>
> > What emerged from the Poké Ball was perhaps the most horrifying
and
> > degrading thing which had yet been dropped in the Aqua duo's laps;
> > the only proper Pokémon that could both fly and counted as a
> > Water-type.
> >
> > "Pelipper," the Pokémon yawned in boredom.
> >
> You mean aside from Mantine and Gyarados? I'm not sure if Mantine
can
> be found in the Hoenn region, but I'm pretty sure you could get at
least
> a Magikarp.
>

Gyarados is a Water/Flying type, yeah, but it can't learn the Fly HM.
Neither can Mantine. Also, neither really has the humor factor of a
Pelipper.

At least, that's how I saw it.
April 19, 2005 4:17:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> > All the while, along the path to Fortree, Aerie and Jeff were practially
> > walking hand in hand. Both were allowing themselves to revel in a sort
> > of contentness that had no description. A couple paces behind them, an
> > Azumarill watched, wondering if her trainer and his friend need a cold
> > shower to wake up and rejoin reality.
> >
> > 'If those two get any sweeter, I'm going to get cavaties,' Mary monologued
> > internally.
> >
> > It took about ten steps before she paled in true horror. 'By Goddish, I'm
> > starting to sound like Raffy!'
>
> Lost in her own thoughts, she did not know which of the kids started
> giggling first, or why. By the time she was conscious of the laughter,
> it had spread to both of them - both gently chuckling in near unison,
> and were they now walking closer together? Yes, they were - wereas
> previously Mary might have been able to walk between them, there was now
> not enough room.
>
> But it was the pollen that really did it.
>
> They emerged into a field of tall flowers and grass pokemon, leaping
> about without much care. Aerie and Jeff glanced at each other then
> ran in, still holding hands. Unfortunately, running when one can not
> see the ground proved once again to be a bad idea: Jeff tripped a few
> meters in. Aerie caught him, stabilizing them by subconsciously tapping
> the tiniest amount of the strength she consciously had foresworn...but
> even that was not enough when a curious skiploom hopped up behind her
> and nudged the pair over trying to get a good look.
>
> The plants were tall enough that Mary lost sight of the pair, but she
> did hear their contented hmms as the pollen, jumpluff spores, and other
> side-effects of the grass party they had come across scattered light,
> creating shimmering sparkles in the air and rendering the background
> slightly indistinct. It was a good thing none of the trio were
> allergic, but Mary still found her eyes watering at the mere sight of
> the field. She let forth a spray of water to try to clear the air, only
> to be greeted with delighted squeals from the many pokemon absorbing
> this expected gift - and finding enough of her water sticking to the
> pollen that the sparkles only intensified.
>
> Eventually, the kids got up - Jeff first, who offered a hand to Aerie,
> who stood up a little too quickly. They nearly kissed by accident,
> before straightening themselves out and walking off, each with an arm
> around the other's shoulder and blushing fiercely.
>
> Mary sighed to herself and hopped off across the field in pursuit,
> noting the irony that this was a wild pokemon-tended patch of tea and
> sugar plants.

And if it wasn't bad enough, the pollen and airborne sparkly stuff seemed
to flock to the aqua rabbit, as if anticipating Mary's response of the Water
Gun of Retribution (+1).

The jets of water not only created more sparkly stuff to annoy the Azumarill
further, but the wandering grass-types simply adored the water being rained
on them. Ahead were Jeff and Aerie, both blissfully ignorant of the
happenings behind them, caught in the moment provided by the field.

> > Along a different path, Raffy sneezed.
> >
> > "Who'd talk about you?"
> >
> > #Ah shaddup grass man#
>
> "Mimic hear from Nurse Joy about tea farm up ahead. If Raffy coming
> down with something, Mimic maybe could try whip up remedy."
>
> #I'm fine, but you might want to check breeder boy.#
>
> Bob walked along in a light daze. The scent on the air from up ahead
> was putting...images...into his mind. Actions with his tendrils that
> he had seen described in biology textbooks and always thought of
> abstractly, but which now seemed so enticing...no! He had to focus on
> getting to Fortree! Even if nature's call was like a siren's.
>
> Mimic waved a hand in front of the breeder's face. "Bob okay?"
>
> "Yeah...yeah, I'm fine. But I never thought so much green would look
> like a red light district."

And it was no wonder. With all of the pollen and the sparkly stuff and
even the peaceful aura, it was practically a garden paradise. Somehow
everything was getting a bit fuzzier and less distinct to the breeder, almost
like he was looking through a pair of rose-coloured glasses.

But yet Mimic was apparently unaffected and Raffy was more annoyed
than anything. Shaking the fuzzies out of his head once again, the hybrid
breeder took another couple of steps before everything went a little
blurry, nature's siren-like call affecting him far more than he would like
to let on.

At least the images were easier to block out, though at sporadic times, one
nearly filtered out to the surface. Such as the one involving a innocent
schoolgirl that caused him to trip over his own feet and landed him flat on his
face.

"I don't know exactly what's causing it but I'm going to curse it all the way
there," Bob groused from the ground. Of course, being face-down at the time
made it a bit harder to hear.

TBC! (of course!)

> [NS: ...which lead to the inspiration for this one. If it isn't pushing
> the line too much, I was thinking Bob might pick up an entourage for the
> rest of this trip...though it might be a bit too easy to go over the
> line that way.]

[NS: So let's get this straight, you're going to take a 15-17 year old hybrid
who's never been in anything like heat, and who wants to make a career of
making sure others get lucky ... and ... *sputter* ... THIS?

I very approve! (^_^)]

> > Random Tagline:
> > I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
>
> [NS: Aren't we all? ^_^ ]

[NS: Indeed. Miscief Managed.]

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
I like candy, especially the gooey kind with nougat!
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:11:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> [NS: So let's get this straight, you're going to take a 15-17 year old hybrid
> who's never been in anything like heat, and who wants to make a career of
> making sure others get lucky ... and ... *sputter* ... THIS?
>
> I very approve! (^_^)]

I've been trying to email you about an idea I had for what happens next,
but I've gotten no response. Is your email still redneckdadd@yahoo.com?

Of course, if you really want, you could just say "okay" to something
that will involve punting part of the post to AGNPH (Rob's call whether
or not it gets archived; the safe answer is that it's a "cut to black
and skip forwards" as far as posts in this group are concerned), and
have consequences... ^_^;
April 25, 2005 10:48:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:XZ_ae.5953$J12.5695@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
> Clayton wrote:
> > [NS: So let's get this straight, you're going to take a 15-17 year old
hybrid
> > who's never been in anything like heat, and who wants to make a career of
> > making sure others get lucky ... and ... *sputter* ... THIS?
> >
> > I very approve! (^_^)]
>
> I've been trying to email you about an idea I had for what happens next,
> but I've gotten no response. Is your email still redneckdadd@yahoo.com?
>
> Of course, if you really want, you could just say "okay" to something
> that will involve punting part of the post to AGNPH (Rob's call whether
> or not it gets archived; the safe answer is that it's a "cut to black
> and skip forwards" as far as posts in this group are concerned), and
> have consequences... ^_^;

Well it is, but I often forget about it for two reasons. First all it seems to
do
is gather spam from everywhere and the second is because I can't set Outlook
express to autocheck it for me. But never fear, I did send a reply, hopefully
with a couple of chaotic ideas of my own.

I may not be as good as you at creating chaos, but I'll learn eventually!

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline
Make Headlines ... use a corduroy pillow ...
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 5:07:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> Well it is, but I often forget about it for two reasons. First all it seems to
> do
> is gather spam from everywhere and the second is because I can't set Outlook
> express to autocheck it for me. But never fear, I did send a reply, hopefully
> with a couple of chaotic ideas of my own.

Reply replied to. And now to try to merge them into a good post...I
should have it out by Wednesday, if not tonight.

> I may not be as good as you at creating chaos, but I'll learn eventually!

Remember, part of it is what you inspire in others. One person's chaos
is rarely as powerful as chaos fed by multiple independent sources
building on one another. For instance, the consequence we discussed
isn't so much for Bob's and Mimic's sake as for the other characters,
once the groups reunite. ;) 

> Random Tagline
> Make Headlines ... use a corduroy pillow ...

....to pillow-fight the world in the biggest slumber party ever.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 10:14:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> But yet Mimic was apparently unaffected and Raffy was more annoyed
> than anything. Shaking the fuzzies out of his head once again, the hybrid
> breeder took another couple of steps before everything went a little
> blurry, nature's siren-like call affecting him far more than he would like
> to let on.
>
> At least the images were easier to block out, though at sporadic times, one
> nearly filtered out to the surface. Such as the one involving a innocent
> schoolgirl that caused him to trip over his own feet and landed him flat on his
> face.
>
> "I don't know exactly what's causing it but I'm going to curse it all the way
> there," Bob groused from the ground. Of course, being face-down at the time
> made it a bit harder to hear.

It also made seeing difficult, so Bob tilted his head up. That did not
seem to help for long, but at least the sensation in front of his nose
had gone from cold squishy to warm squishy. In fact, that was the
sensation over most of his body. It felt vaguely tingly and pleasant...

A rather ticked off sounding "ChiKO!" accompanied the vine whip that
began dragging the sensation away, and returned enough of Bob's wits to
allow him to breathe once more. Breathing was good. Yes, breathing was
very good. Not being suffocated by a harem of grass pokemon was...

Bob blinked. Sure enough, he was surrounded by female grass pokemon -
even a few males - all eagerly looking at him. At least, all but the
ones that Raffy and Leafer were actively forcing away from their
trainer.

....he thought for sure Leafer had not been on his current team. And
letting itself out of its pokeball was not the best of signs. But time
to worry about that later.

Enough of his breeder senses remained to inform him that something had
put all of these pokemon in heat. They were looking for someone to
breed with. There must have been a very attractive male specimen near
him, possibly behind...no, they were all around him. Underground?

Meanwhile, the images continued to play out in his mind. The schoolgirl
especially, so much so that she almost seemed to be real, right in front
of Bob. Experimentally, he reached out with one tendril and felt solid
flesh. The coherent fraction of his mind smirked at the obvious tactile
hallucination; the rest, beset by natural hormones, pheromone-boosting
spores, and even prodded by his mental present from Team Magma, took
over... [1]

---

Elsewhere, Sabrina cast her psychic senses like a radar ping, as she
fluffed her shirt to try to alleviate some of the heat that her blood
pumped throughout her body. Her hairy regions were thoroughly wet, and
her muscles were starting to tire, but she could feel the end of her
current action drawing near. The signal grew within her, stronger and
stronger, until she had to dial back her sensitivity or be overwhelmed.

Traversing the Fiery Path on a dare from the twins had perhaps not been
her smartest action. But she had recently grown short of excuses for
her daily teleports up to Hoenn - she had gym leader duties to attend
to, and did so, but monitoring things up here lead to such interesting
observations.

Like one image that came to her mind as she reached the exit. Smiling
in surprise and glee as she recognized the participants and what it
could mean for the future, she quickly recorded her impressions and sent
it home. A few days later, some of her assistants would use it as the
key data to generate another virtual pokemon. [2]

---

Gentle joy - not the nurse - consumed Jeff's mind as he watched Aerie
nap, her head nestled in his lap. Others might have called Aerie out of
shape, but Jeff knew she was not used to staying in one form and not
using her powers for this long. Of course her stamina would be lacking.
But her courage - or stubbornness, depending on how one looked at it -
had not waned in the least, so it had been he who suggested they take a
break when Aerie was wheezing but determined to go on. From the look
she gave him, it seemed she was seriously conflicted about whether to
admit weakness or take his advice, but she had not resisted when he
gently pulled her down. In fact, after lying down, she had gotten
comfortable and fallen asleep quickly.

Which meant that by the time Jeff noticed Mary was missing, there was
no way he was going to get up and look for her. Not until Aerie woke up
on her own. Besides, he figured, Mary could not have gotten far.

---

Bob came to his senses at the edge of the field, Raffy slowly nudging
him along with headbutts while his rear head stared down the semicircle
of would-be breeder breeders. Nearby, Leafer shouted obscenities in her
native tongue, which the schoolgirl who was her target understood all
too well.

"Mimic SORRY, okay? Mimic panic. No see better way ward off wild
pokemon."

Bob almost tripped over his loose pants, then tugged them up and closed
them.

"Yes, Mimic know Leafer prefer. Mimic know Leafer strongly prefer.
Leafer no see images in Bob head. Mimic no sure Leafer survive given
Bob state that moment."

He felt sore in places he rarely felt anything, but overall he
felt...sated. As if he had suffered from some great starvation without
knowing it, but had just polished off an all-you-can-eat buffet.

"Besides, Bob KNOW Mimic susceptible to impressions that strong! Mimic
no exactly under Mimic control just now."

He vaguely recalled someone struggling, but as if playfully, perfectly
in sync with his dreams. Part of him had wanted to believe the
struggles were real; he had seen fear in her eyes, but only when he
wanted it.

"Have bigger concerns now. If Leafer no notice, quite few wild pokemon
no seem dissuaded. Mimic wonder if maybe intend follow Bob all way
Fortree. Mimic also not entirely certain not pregnant."

And she had sounded just like that. High-pitched, possibly androgynous;
one would have to look at the speaker to judge if it was male or female.

....waitaminute...

#MOVE IT, breeder boy!# Raffy insistently nudged Bob along, such that
he almost landed face-first in the dirt again. #There's at least four
of them still on our tail, and I don't want to be around when they
realize they've been scorned.#

TBC?

[1] I was going to write the skipped scene to AGNPH, but Clayton felt it
better to leave it implied. Enjoy.

[2] Because you know this just wouldn't be complete without a love
porygon.

> [NS: So let's get this straight, you're going to take a 15-17 year old hybrid
> who's never been in anything like heat, and who wants to make a career of
> making sure others get lucky ... and ... *sputter* ... THIS?
>
> I very approve! (^_^)]

[NS: Here you go. I've left most of the bumps and curves for you to
explore. ;)  ]

> Random Tagline:
> I like candy, especially the gooey kind with nougat!

[NS: I'd respond with the obvious, but I think this post is close enough
to the line as it is. ^_^;; ]
April 30, 2005 6:38:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> Like one image that came to her mind as she reached the exit. Smiling
> in surprise and glee as she recognized the participants and what it
> could mean for the future, she quickly recorded her impressions and sent
> it home. A few days later, some of her assistants would use it as the
> key data to generate another virtual pokemon. [2]
>
> ---
>
> Gentle joy - not the nurse - consumed Jeff's mind as he watched Aerie
> nap, her head nestled in his lap. Others might have called Aerie out of
> shape, but Jeff knew she was not used to staying in one form and not
> using her powers for this long. Of course her stamina would be lacking.
> But her courage - or stubbornness, depending on how one looked at it -
> had not waned in the least, so it had been he who suggested they take a
> break when Aerie was wheezing but determined to go on. From the look
> she gave him, it seemed she was seriously conflicted about whether to
> admit weakness or take his advice, but she had not resisted when he
> gently pulled her down. In fact, after lying down, she had gotten
> comfortable and fallen asleep quickly.
>
> Which meant that by the time Jeff noticed Mary was missing, there was
> no way he was going to get up and look for her. Not until Aerie woke up
> on her own. Besides, he figured, Mary could not have gotten far.
>
> ---
>
> Bob came to his senses at the edge of the field, Raffy slowly nudging
> him along with headbutts while his rear head stared down the semicircle
> of would-be breeder breeders. Nearby, Leafer shouted obscenities in her
> native tongue, which the schoolgirl who was her target understood all
> too well.
>
> "Mimic SORRY, okay? Mimic panic. No see better way ward off wild
> pokemon."
>
> Bob almost tripped over his loose pants, then tugged them up and closed
> them.
>
> "Yes, Mimic know Leafer prefer. Mimic know Leafer strongly prefer.
> Leafer no see images in Bob head. Mimic no sure Leafer survive given
> Bob state that moment."
>
> He felt sore in places he rarely felt anything, but overall he
> felt...sated. As if he had suffered from some great starvation without
> knowing it, but had just polished off an all-you-can-eat buffet.
>
> "Besides, Bob KNOW Mimic susceptible to impressions that strong! Mimic
> no exactly under Mimic control just now."
>
> He vaguely recalled someone struggling, but as if playfully, perfectly
> in sync with his dreams. Part of him had wanted to believe the
> struggles were real; he had seen fear in her eyes, but only when he
> wanted it.
>
> "Have bigger concerns now. If Leafer no notice, quite few wild pokemon
> no seem dissuaded. Mimic wonder if maybe intend follow Bob all way
> Fortree. Mimic also not entirely certain not pregnant."
>
> And she had sounded just like that. High-pitched, possibly androgynous;
> one would have to look at the speaker to judge if it was male or female.
>
> ...waitaminute...
>
> #MOVE IT, breeder boy!# Raffy insistently nudged Bob along, such that
> he almost landed face-first in the dirt again. #There's at least four
> of them still on our tail, and I don't want to be around when they
> realize they've been scorned.#

And move the breeder tried, but it was getting a bit harder with every step.
It wasn't the field, they were cleary out of it, as they had been for the last
dozen or so paces. It wasn't time ot go to bed, the sun was still hanging high
in the air. As his cognitive faculties came back,

Raffy sweatdropped, staring down both the harem of scorned pokemon and
his fallen trainer. #That does it, when we get to Fortree, I have got to talk
to you about getting a pokemon that can actually carry you grass man, this is
getting ridiculous.#

Behind the half-psychic, the argument between the Chikorita and the Ditto
was still going strong. It didn't look like it was going to come to blows, but
things had a way of going out of control fast when they wanted to or were
looking forward to exploding. As Raffy tried his best to make sure that he
wasn't going to be dragging Bob through the dirt the whole way there, one
thought careened through his mind like a demented pinball

#I'm going to have SUCH a headache after this!#

-------

At another part of the field, an Azumarill just emerged out of the tall grass.
She could hear the sounds of what could only be an argument or a pokemon
battle not too far away. Mary looked about her for the pair that she in her
self-appointed duty had decided to keep track of.

Behind her? Nope, no rustling
In front of her? Nope, no giggling sounds.
To the sides? Nothing in sight at all.

The sudden discovery of being alone stunned the water rabbit. To her
recollection, it was the first time that she was ever this alone and it started
to make her nervous.

Steeling her resolve, Mary headed once more into the tall grasses of the
field of dreams, taking extra care to retrace the steps she made, right down
to the Water Gunning of the pests in her way, though this time, she actually
didn't spray anything down. She'd find the errant pair before they did
something
that they both would regret.

Mary was so focussed on her mission at the moment that she didn't notice that
there wasn't a pack of euphoric grass-types around her trying to induce an
aquatic assault.

-------

The scene greeting the local Joy was different to say the least. A young man,
not quite all human was being dragged in by a Girafarig and someone who
would be best described as a female James in a schoolgirl's uniform. Behind
the trio was a Chikorita glaring daggers and razor leaves into the distance.
She, for the Chikorita is in fact female, was panting due to the exertion of
effort in repelling lovesick grass pokemon.

Actually if it wasn't for Mimic helping Raffy keep her trainer safe, then she
would have gladly let the love-starved and scorned grass-types take a
chunk out of the shapeshifter. But since Mimic was helping Raffy, revenge
would wait for another time. It would have to if they didn't want to get
pulled back into the field for Goddish only knows what else.

After a brief examination, Bob was given a bed to rest in. Joy had stated
that the breeder was exhausted and needed rest. She was only half right
on her assessment, since the gentle nurse had no idea of the mental angst
the comatose breeder was putting himself through.

TBC
(Of Course!)

> [2] Because you know this just wouldn't be complete without a love
> porygon.

And I bet it'll give Sabrina a convenient excuse to make at least a couple
more trips back to the area.

> [NS: Here you go. I've left most of the bumps and curves for you to
> explore. ;)  ]

Hmm, perhaps later. Though I think the tournament is about to get a *whole*
lot more interesting. I think I'll do some angst first, then the drama.

Oh the repercussions!

> > Random Tagline:
> > I like candy, especially the gooey kind with nougat!
>
> [NS: I'd respond with the obvious, but I think this post is close enough
> to the line as it is. ^_^;; ]

Duly noted and I'll be sure to repeat this one-liner just so you can make the
obvious comment when there's less of a risk of this kind of plot line.

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline
A perversion of nature ... How exciting!
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 10:36:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> After a brief examination, Bob was given a bed to rest in. Joy had stated
> that the breeder was exhausted and needed rest. She was only half right
> on her assessment, since the gentle nurse had no idea of the mental angst
> the comatose breeder was putting himself through.

Joy never thought the bulletproof glass installed on her lobby's front
would ever actually repel bullets. But a barrage of bullet seeds, in
her opinion on returning to said lobby, was close enough. "What is
going ON here?!?"

Mimic noticed Joy's return, and nodded from where she, Leafer, and Raffy
were barricading the door with their bodies. "Bob, ah, wanted by
certain pokemon. Very insistent."

Nurse Joy pushed a button behind her desk, temporarily locking the door,
then waved the trio away from it. "Do I want to know why they're all
fem-" She sniffed. Pause, then sniff again, then determine who the
scent is coming from, then blush. "Umm. If that's what I think it
is..."

"It is."

The nurse shook her head in bewilderment and embarassment, and pointed
down the hall. "You go get cleaned up. I'll take care of your
pokemon." She stepped towards Leafer, who growled.

"Think maybe Leafer feel safe if see Nurse Joy lock door to Bob's room.
Leafer, ah, disapprove of recent actions."

Nurse Joy did not quite understand the chikorita's affirming curses, but
easily got the gist. "Alright, fine. Officer Jenny's on her way to
deal with your, um, fans." She gestured to the small crowd of grass
pokemon trying in vain to break into the center. "As close as we are to
nature here, this isn't the first time we've had to deal with wild
pokemon carrying grudges into town, but I think this might be the first
time it's been a lovers' quarrel."

Raffy, meanwhile, had been trying to get a good count of how many had
pursued them. They had apparently picked up some followers on the way -
no longer were the pokemon only grass types. Between the increased
number and the debris of their attacks, at least a quarter of the front
windows were now covered. He could easily imagine their view of the sun
getting completely blotted out before this was over.

---

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Aerie slowly blinked her way to consciousness, half aware of Jeff
reading something on his pokegear. "Nuh? Jeff?"

Jeff frowned a bit. "Sorry. I tried to answer it before it woke you
up."

"'Salright." The hybrid girl yawned. "That felt nice." Smiling
deviously, she looked into Jeff's eyes. "Maybe I can sleep on you
again sometime?"

Jeff's eyes glazed over, his mind unable to come up with a proper
response to that.

She batted his nose and giggled. "So, what's up?"

"Huh? Oh!" He returned his attention to the electronic gadget in his
hands. "There's an alert from Fortree. The Pokemon Center is...under
attack?!?"

"What??" Aerie sat bolt upright. "Is it serious?"

"'All pokemon trainers in or near Fortree City are requested to come to
the Pokemon Center ASAP to help contain an outbreak of wild pokemon that
has the Center under seige.' We're not that far away."

"Umm. I wanted to do this trip with no powers, but this sounds
important."

Jeff grabbed her hand. "Aerie...no. If you don't want to, I won't
tell anyone, and I won't blame you. I know how much-"

Aerie shook her head. "Saving lives means more to me than being
selfish." She blinked. "Did I just say that?"

Jeff grinned. "Okay, let's...wait, where's Mary?"

TBC?

>>[2] Because you know this just wouldn't be complete without a love
>>porygon.
>
> And I bet it'll give Sabrina a convenient excuse to make at least a couple
> more trips back to the area.

You know it.

>>[NS: Here you go. I've left most of the bumps and curves for you to
>>explore. ;)  ]
>
> Hmm, perhaps later. Though I think the tournament is about to get a *whole*
> lot more interesting. I think I'll do some angst first, then the drama.

Nothing like being locked away from everyone and supposedly trying to
get some sleep to fertilize angst.

> Oh the repercussions!

And some random action, especially if anyone else wants to swing by.
(There's at least one other PC in Fortree, no?)

> Random Tagline
> A perversion of nature ... How exciting!

Nature's more perverted than anyone who worries about perverts dares to
dream.
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 7:10:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> Aerie appeared to deflate a bit, almost as if she wanted to vent a little
> frustration on the things that make her use her powers at a time where she
> specifically didn't want to.
>
> "Besides," Jeff added, cutting into whatever internal monologue she may
> have started. "Most of them look like grass types. What's the odds that
> my brother and your uncle have something to do with this mess? I know I'm
> not psychic, but I sense blackmail material!"

Aerie blinked. "Blackmail?"

Jeff grinned. "Yeah. If he ever gets a girlfriend..." He noticed her
giving him an odd look. "I mean, not that I'd want him chasing you
away, but...umm..."

The girl took in a deep breath, closed her eyes, slowly exhaled as her
eyes glowed under their lids, then opened them once the glow faded.
She giggled a bit. "Oh, *that*!"

Jeff blinked. "Did you just...?"

Aerie's smile vanished. "I...saw no other way. I've never had a
brother or a sister, not really. I didn't know how else to understand
what you meant. I guess I have a lot to learn if I'm to be a real gir-"

Five seconds later, Jeff undocked his lips from hers. "Don't even
start thinking like that. You're real, and you're a girl. That's all
there is to it. Now, come on. I think I see a loose panel over there."
He took her hand in his and dragged her towards the rear of the pokemon
center.

Ten seconds after that, just as they reached the unmounted window,
Aerie's thoughts returned to coherency. For a moment, she wondered if
she had accidentally teleported them from the shock.

> But while it was there, there was no target for it. The breeder was frozen
> in
> mid-pose, sort of like a bizarre lamp or sdtrange piece of modern art --
> since
> he couldn't decide where to launch the powerful technique due to inner
> conflict,
> it hovered there, casting the room in an unearthly and almost omninous glow.

Still blushing, Aerie peeked in the window first. "There he is! Come
up here, J-"

Unfortunately, Bob's target search latched onto the interruption,
unleashing the overcharged Solar Beam directly into Aerie. The beam was
wide enough to sear out both of her current form's retinas instantly.

Somewhere in the desert, Kitsu abruptly doubled over as a momentary
flash of overwhelming heat and light washed over her.

The ditto hybrid had taken such hits before, but with her defenses up.
With not just her active defenses down but her passive ones depowered to
better emulate a human, she would later only be able to remember
scrambled bits of voices, along with an all-consuming burning darkness.

"-OOOOOO!!!"

"Jeff? AERIE?!?"

"Aerie! Speak to me!"

*click* "What's going on here?"

"Nurse Joy! This pokemon broke in, and I was trying to-"

"AERIE!!!"

"Is there someone outside?"

"Mimic sense...uh-oh! Need get Aerie, Jeff inside right away!"

"How? That window's too sma...oh, right. Teleports."

"OH MY GODDISH! What happened to this girl?"

"Bob hit her with a Solar Beam!"

"This isn't a human hospital, but I'll see what I can do."

"Aerie no is human. Part ditto."

"A hybrid? This isn't the time to joke about such things."

"No joke, Nurse Joy. Mimic know; Mimic Aerie's uncle."

"Then I'll need your help. Chansey, prep the operating room STAT!"

"Bob, why?"

"I...I was aiming for this...where'd she go?"

"Chansey - oh, there you are. And you've brought the anesthetic, good.
I can't imagine how much pain this girl must be in right now. 20 ccs
ought to do it."

And the burning went away.

---

Jeff's eyes were riveted to the operating room's indicator light. With
the windows almost completely blocked - especially once the females
outside caught a glimpse of their quarry in the lobby, and redoubled
their efforts - the contrast between light and dark almost hurt his
eyes, until Bob found and flicked on the lobby's light switch.

#Okay, that window is fixed,# Raffy announced as he walked in from what
had been Bob's room. #No sign of your assailant, but I don't think she
went out the window.#

"Which means she's somewhere in here with us," Bob mused.

"I said I'm not listening," Jeff retorted, still looking at the light.
"Not until Aerie's okay."

#He really isn't. You could probably say food's on and he wouldn't hear
what you said.#

Bob opened his mouth to speak - to say something, anything, to get
through to his younger brother - but no words came out.

#That's good. Hold it right there, breeder boy. You and I have got to
talk. Elsewhere.# Raffy walked up and started nudging Bob away from
Jeff.

The light from outside finally cut off. Minutes later, sensing no
motion in the lobby, the power saver switch cut the artificial lights
too.

An idle part of Jeff's mind recalled some educational television he had
once seen, about a study of what emotions were associated with various
colors. One part was about children who made up their own color scales
to describe levels of pain or grief; he had not quite understood it, but
the program had warned that those who had never experienced severe pain
often wound up simply guessing at the meaning of the colors.

The white part of the operating room's signal had yellowed with age, to
the exact shade of orange that had been one child's second highest
ranking. As he idly reflected on it, he remembered that the highest
ranking had been grass green.

He never noticed the image begin to blur, as his tear ducts began their
mission of ocular defense.

TBC?

>>*hands Clayton a proper stage ninja uniform*
>
> *Takes it greatfully, dons it via the super-quick-change technique and
> strikes a pose*

*moves Clayton's arm just so, to make it seem as if he was about to
attack - that is, poses a striker*

> [NS: Apologies for the delay, I couldn't think of anything. Hope this'll
> do]

[NS: No prob. This idea took a bit to gurgle up too...but hopefully
it'll be a bit inspirational.]

> Random Tagline:
> I have seen the truth and it makes no sense!

When they say you can't handle the truth, they may know what they are
talking about. *nods solemnly*
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 3:16:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:
> "Probably right," Mimic admitted. "But wait until all facts
> are in before something happens. What next question?"
>
> "Who's going to tell her parents?" Alex asked. "Or should
> we?"

"Problem of finding parents, first," Mimic noted.

Alex raised an eyebrow. "I don't like the sound of this."

Mimic shrugged. "While working with Nurse Joy, Joy call up file of
techniques. Entered by Marcia. Considered calling Marcia, but file
list location as currently unknown."

"Unknown...as in Missing In Action?"

"No, unknown as in unknown. Will probably turn up again eventually,
but for now..." Mimic shrugged again. "And then there Doppler. Never
know where Doppler is, when turn up. Could put out call if really
important, but...ummm..."

Alex frowned. "If you're about to say he wouldn't care, don't. He
might not be the most compassionate father I've ever met, but I know he
cares a great deal about his daughter!"

"True, but...well, probably take better if find out *after* Aerie
adjust. Doppler want strong daughter. As Alex said, blindness
sometimes more blessing than curse. But for now, Aerie learning, will
stumble. Best to wait. Besides...no *quite* sure how politely say
this..."

"Don't worry," Alex reassured him. "It's just you and me right now. No
one else can hear us. If you need me to keep a secret, I will."

Mimic nodded. "No entirely sure Nori wrong."

"...you think Aerie's faking it?"

"MAY be faking it! No sure."

"So how could Nori tell? And don't say it takes a hypocrit to know a
hypocrit."

"Does!" Mimic looked briefly offended. "But beyond that...Alex agree,
Nori probably been around lots hypocrits? Know what look for?"

Alex folded her arms.

Mimic's eyes rolled. "Whatever. Carol probably spot eventually, if
Aerie no is blind. But Aerie probably put on good act for Jeff's sake
if so. Problem is, how tell without violating trust."

"I see what you mean. If we asked her and she really was blind..."

"Or if probe mind."

Alex shot Mimic a look.

"Just idea! Mimic do it, no ask Alex. Think Aerie almost trust Alex
more than Mimic; no want ruin that."

"It's not an option." Alex shook her head. "I guess we'll just have to
watch for slip-ups. But we shouldn't be too suspicious, either."

"Agreed. And probably should be sure before tell Aerie parents."

"Right." With that, Alex and Mimic left the room to return downstairs.

TBC?
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 9:05:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Clayton wrote:
> #It was helpful, but I would have thought you'd be talking psychobabble
> to breeder boy by now#
>
> The Medicham stared out the repaired window. #Right now, where Bob
> has gone, we can't follow. We must wait until he returns. Until then, we
> can deal with this intruder.#

Even unconscious, the intruder's pheromones wafted strongly into the
noses of the two psychic pokemon, tempting them to ravage her supine
body, to plant their seeds in her fertile soil...

Of course, neither Thyme nor Raffy were having any of it. Part of being
trained in psychic arts is controlling one's mind.

> "Right, scorned females. First things first, get food and see just how
> badly I've screwed up." The breeder noted softly to himself, swinging down
> from the branch he was sitting on. He left the Unown out, to specifically
> deal with he lovestarved female pokemon. Of the five that he ran into, Aay
> froze two, Dbu got two more and the fifth was Sleep Powdered with
> extreme prejudice.
>
> Once inside the Pokemon Center, Bob started to look for Mimic, figuring that
> his first total disaster of the day could provide an update about the
> second.

As it happened, the door he passed through was right next to the stairs
that Mimic and Alex took to return to the main group. Their paths
crossed in time as well. Fortunately, Bob saw what was about to happen
in time to divert his hand's path down from Mimic's breast, landing
gently on the stomach.

"Hey."

"Hey." Bob nodded towards the lobby. "How's Aerie?"

"Aside from maybe blind, fine."

"Ah." Bob blinked. "Maybe?"

"Hey!" Jeff walked up to the trio, arm in arm with the topic of
conversation. "Aerie just had a great idea! Tell 'em!"

Aerie blushed a bit. "Well, I was just thinking, if I can't see
again...I could just stay on Jeff. Be his clothing."

"..." echoed the three adults.

"I mean, he can see, and this way he and I could-"

"Aerie need learn walk on own," Mimic interrupted.

"Why, uncle Mimic?"

"Because, your pa...umm, that is, *Jeff* maybe no always be around."

"..." Aerie hid behind Jeff, clutching him like a shield. "He will
too!"

Bob nodded. "Besides, I wouldn't want to imagine your parents'
reaction."

Mimic, who had imagined it and tried to steer clear of that image,
winced.

"That is, umm..."

Alex knelt in front of Jeff. "Look. Aerie's very fond of you, and it's
sweet of you to offer this, but she really does need to learn to cope
with what's happened, and the sooner the better. Going blind is a very
serious condition."

TBC?

[NS: I'm really not sure what Jeff's reaction would be here.]

> I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar.

You don't know who to nurse from?

> Oh and I wouldn't wanto to be around if Aerie's parents got the
> news and I'm safely behind the Fourth Wall.]

[NS: Dee's out of contact at the moment, and Marcia probably is too.
It's doubtful they'd get involved just yet.

But the mere, and possibly justified, fear of it works well as a plot
point.]
August 3, 2005 7:12:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> "..." echoed the three adults.
>
> "I mean, he can see, and this way he and I could-"
>
> "Aerie need learn walk on own," Mimic interrupted.
>
> "Why, uncle Mimic?"
>
> "Because, your pa...umm, that is, *Jeff* maybe no always be around."
>
> "..." Aerie hid behind Jeff, clutching him like a shield. "He will
> too!"
>
> Bob nodded. "Besides, I wouldn't want to imagine your parents'
> reaction."
>
> Mimic, who had imagined it and tried to steer clear of that image,
> winced.
>
> "That is, umm..."
>
> Alex knelt in front of Jeff. "Look. Aerie's very fond of you, and it's
> sweet of you to offer this, but she really does need to learn to cope
> with what's happened, and the sooner the better. Going blind is a very
> serious condition."

A hand clapped itself on Jeff's left shoulder. "Besides, probably the best
thing you can do for her is to lead her to my room and let her borrow my
walking stick for the time being. Let her fall a couple of times but don't
let
her get hurt. She'll learn something and maybe, just maybe it won't be as
bad as you think. Just because she can't see, it doesn't mean that she
can't
sense anything," Bob replied, thinking over his words a bit to not give
away
what he was really thinking in front of the kids. The fact that he just
also may
have ruined Alex's moment was completely lost on him.

If Aerie was trying to glare at him for ruining something, the the graas man
wasn't paying attention.

"What do you mean?"

The breeder shrugged. "Aerie, you have four other senses plus your fair
share
of psychic ability. There's other ways to sense things besides sight. Now
you
two run along and get that stick. It'll do until we can get you a proper
cane."
Bob said cheerfully almost forcibly nudging Jeff towards Aerie and then the
pair
out of earshot..

It was only when the two were apparently safely out of earshot that Bob
spoke
the ture question that was on his mind.

"Is there a reason why Aerie might be retarding her recovery? Because I
just
have this weird feeling that she could have recovered by now. Probably just
hope and fear though."

*A TBC sign hides in plain sight*

> [NS: I'm really not sure what Jeff's reaction would be here.]

[NS: Probably a bit confusion until someone set him straight. Though
I do wonder about the extent of Aerie's healing capabilities. Just an
avenue to explore.]

>> I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar.
>
> You don't know who to nurse from?

Not when they all look identical! It's a Joy-ful bar!

>> Oh and I wouldn't wanto to be around if Aerie's parents got the
>> news and I'm safely behind the Fourth Wall.]
>
> [NS: Dee's out of contact at the moment, and Marcia probably is too.
> It's doubtful they'd get involved just yet.
>
> But the mere, and possibly justified, fear of it works well as a plot
> point.]

[Definitely. Anyone capable of nailing all of your weaknesses ... at the
same time ... is to be feared. Besides, that kind of thing happens either
when you least expect it, or when the timing for it couldn't be worse.]

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
"To retard is to hinder. You're life is about to become retarded"
-- Gil Grissom, CSI
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 6:36:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

William Rendfeld wrote:

> "Alex! Alex!" ShadowWarrior cried. "What happened?"
>
> "<Alexandria is not prone to fainting spells,>" Surtur noted.
> "<And we heard no gunshots or other portents of that nature, nor
> would she simply over-exert herself. Something is wrong.>"
>
> With those telltale words, Alex's body began to stir, and she
> slowly got to her feet asking, "What happened?"
>
> "We were hoping you could illuminate us on that point,"
> ShadowWarrior noted.
>
> "<Are you alright, Alexandria?>" Surtur asked.
>
> As Alex looked on the Blaziken with a quizzical expression,
> ShadowWarrior repeated, "You okay, Alex?"
>
> "Yes," she answered slowly, "yes...far better than I have been
> for a long time."
>
>
> TBC
>
I think it's about a new thread started. I'll set it up with a grand
entrance of one or two of my characters.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

Latest blog entry title: How Do I Fight Someone with a Monty Python Quote?

Blog: The Chet Weaver Diaries (http://chetweaver.blogspot.com)
AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: The Virtual Life (http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com)

_________________________________________
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 9:22:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Chet Weaver - Intersteller Hitchhiker wrote:
> William Rendfeld wrote:
>
> > "Alex! Alex!" ShadowWarrior cried. "What happened?"
> >
> > "<Alexandria is not prone to fainting spells,>" Surtur noted.
> > "<And we heard no gunshots or other portents of that nature, nor
> > would she simply over-exert herself. Something is wrong.>"
> >
> > With those telltale words, Alex's body began to stir, and she
> > slowly got to her feet asking, "What happened?"
> >
> > "We were hoping you could illuminate us on that point,"
> > ShadowWarrior noted.
> >
> > "<Are you alright, Alexandria?>" Surtur asked.
> >
> > As Alex looked on the Blaziken with a quizzical expression,
> > ShadowWarrior repeated, "You okay, Alex?"
> >
> > "Yes," she answered slowly, "yes...far better than I have been
> > for a long time."
> >
> >
> > TBC
> >
> I think it's about a new thread started. I'll set it up with a grand
> entrance of one or two of my characters.
>

An excellent suggestion, yes.
!