Motherboard and memory conflict?

Is't Posible to have a conflict between motherboard and memory although you are using a right memory which is supported by the motherboard?

In this kind of case, any posible way to fix it or just to buy a new memory?!
5 answers Last reply
More about motherboard memory conflict
  1. yes there are lots of them!

brand is one!
    auto boot voltage setting is another
    anto settings wrong for speed and/or latencys

much more

i keep 3-4 types of speed and brand

i.e. patriot 4-4-4-12 ddr 800, corsair 4-4-4-12 ddr800 dominator, corsair 4-4-4-12 667 etc
  2. I look at the timing of the momory configuration like what dragon said, both i tried to configure it out and try to enable / disable it and it dosent change anything.

But ist incompatible though you are using same brand or motherboard?

I tried 3 ECS motherboard with an auto ocnfiguration of bios and this is what happend:

741gxm - Memory appears good (1gig)
    KM400 - Memory appears good (1gig)
    761gxm - MEmory Appears half (512mb)
  3. Quote:
    I look at the timing of the momory configuration like what dragon said, both i tried to configure it out and try to enable / disable it and it dosent change anything.

But ist incompatible though you are using same brand or motherboard?

I tried 3 ECS motherboard with an auto ocnfiguration of bios and this is what happend:

741gxm - Memory appears good (1gig)
    KM400 - Memory appears good (1gig)
    761gxm - MEmory Appears half (512mb)

Whoa what ram are you trying to use there? Almost sounds like sdram (shudders). I think we are going to need full system specs for this one

You mean to get the all supported device of the motherboard or all of the device?
  4. Quote:
    We need to know what board you are trying to use, cpu, the type of ram and speed, video card, hard drive, and power supply.

Well right now im using:

Motherboard: Conroe865GV bios Ver. 1.30
    Processor: Intel Pentium D 820 2.80Ghz
    Memory: Major PC2100 133 Mhz 266DDR 1Gig (but it only appears 512)

Video: NVDIA GeForce FX5200
    HDD: Maxtor 200GB
    Power Supply: 350 Watts
  5. Quote:
    It is possible that their is a conflict of some sort with that particular chipset and that ram. What is the max ram for that particular motherboard?

Actually the motherboard supports 400/333/266 (in which the ram i am using is ddr266) 2 slots and 1ghz on each.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards Memory