had any exsperiance with JETWAY MOBO???

fanfuzz

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
Anyone read about or tried any mobo from JETWAY??? newegg has a micro combo (jetway jm26gtm-3sp with an AMD AM2 CPU) that looks like it may fit my need. But reading a post in here I noticed someone talking about a BIOSTAR TForce 6100 AM2 that sounded pretty good and not much more $$$'s.

I can't find any reviews (other than at newegg) on the Jetway. I will go now and try to find something on the BIOSTAR.

Just thought one of you might know if jetwat is crap.

Thanks..............Kent

woodchuk

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
I built a Jetway once and everything turned out OK and I think it's still running
a few years down the road. The graphics like all uATX are not for gaming in any degree.
That being said the Biostar you mention has a good reputation and even has some small overclocking potential and a newer design Southbridge. I would not skimp on MB's personally tho.

I built a Jetway once and everything turned out OK and I think it's still running
a few years down the road. The graphics like all uATX are not for gaming in any degree.
That being said the Biostar you mention has a good reputation and even has some small overclocking potential and a newer design Southbridge. I would not skimp on MB's personally tho.

Agreed! Don't try to limit yourself for $10-$20 difference in the motherboard. If you don't have options with the motherboard then don't expect to get all out of your system. If you don't have upgrade options later down the road, than you end up spending more $ to get what you want later (I came into building my own computers, because I wasn't able to upgrade my on board video to something respectable. i.e.: PCI only, not AGP at the time). I for one like to be in the $50-$80 price range for a motherboard, since I usually don't OC and like to have pretty good upgrade paths, even if I don't actually use them.

My 2cp

Thanks for the input. I ran a search and found some info on the Biostar and I am going with it.

From what I've read, I think that you are on track! I've only built about 10 systems in the last 3 or so years. I've learned alot on each and every build that I've done.

My first lesson was that I needed to look at the motherboard and try and make sure that it was a good and solid one (which can be hard with all of the options out there). My first mobo was a Chaintech mobo, and I had some issues with it, but it still runs today after 4 years!

My latest lesson has been to make sure that the PSU has more than enough (amps) on the +12 V rails (if there is more than 1 rail). I just replaced a RAIDMAX 350W PSU recently that was over 4 yrs old. I think the sister-in-law left the computer on and next to a heating vent, which overheated the PSU.

My major concerns on each build are as follows: good and roomy case, solid and affordable PSU & motherboard, and reliable/affordable RAM. I have installed a majority of ASUS mobo's, in the computers that I've built. I have also used ECS, MSI, and EPOX mobo's. All have their pro's/con's, but all have been very reliable to this point. So I'm learning that you don't always have to rely on a certain brand to get a dependable mobo. The same goes for the RAM. I used Corsair value RAM for alot of builds. I ventured out to G Skill recently and have been extremely happy with them too.

In my PSU/case category, I used RAIDMAX case/PSU combo's for alot of builds and I've been happy with them, but I'm learning that you need to look at the PSU's capability (not the Watts label) on the 12V rail to determine if you will have enough (amps) to run your system with the given video card. I'm not real picky, but I tend to follow certain brands and occasionally venture to other brands (for budget reasons). I hope that some of this will help you with your build(s).

My 2cp

fanfuzz

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
This is my first build. I have received the case I ordered. It's an ULTRA BX6. Has a 600 watt PSU. I know that is more than I need but I bought the case for the (micro) form factor and it seems to be of good quality. The PSU states it's 78% efficent. My plan is to try and put out a few extra bucks if it keeps me in quality parts in the hope they will be easier to work with.

After receiving the case (yesterday) the "micro" discription seems over stated. More like it's micro smaller than my mid tower. But I realize anything smaller would be nearly impossable to work with.

The first thing I noticed with the case is alot of wires coming from the front panel. Very intimadating to a newbe like me!!!! Am I going to somehow know where they all attatch??? PSU, Motherboard???? The little owners manual is not very helpful.

In the manual under "USB/FIREWIRE installation" it notes, Please follow the pin assignment in this sheet to connect the USB and FIREWIRE cables to motherboard correctly. It then shows each plug with notations of wire color and assignmet.

I'm not going to have to pull these wires out of the plug and reposition them am I??? Are they just asking that I check to see if the mobo recipical is configured in the same manner????

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Now that I have the case in hand I'm going to revisit the ULTRA web site and maybe I will gain some insight.

If you have time please let me know if any of this sounds familiar to you or if I'm heading in the wrong direction.

Thanks in advance.....................Kent

This is my first build. I have received the case I ordered. It's an ULTRA BX6. Has a 600 watt PSU. I know that is more than I need but I bought the case for the (micro) form factor and it seems to be of good quality. The PSU states it's 78% efficent. My plan is to try and put out a few extra bucks if it keeps me in quality parts in the hope they will be easier to work with.

After receiving the case (yesterday) the "micro" discription seems over stated. More like it's micro smaller than my mid tower. But I realize anything smaller would be nearly impossable to work with.

The first thing I noticed with the case is alot of wires coming from the front panel. Very intimadating to a newbe like me!!!! Am I going to somehow know where they all attatch??? PSU, Motherboard???? The little owners manual is not very helpful.

In the manual under "USB/FIREWIRE installation" it notes, Please follow the pin assignment in this sheet to connect the USB and FIREWIRE cables to motherboard correctly. It then shows each plug with notations of wire color and assignmet.

I'm not going to have to pull these wires out of the plug and reposition them am I??? Are they just asking that I check to see if the mobo recipical is configured in the same manner????

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Now that I have the case in hand I'm going to revisit the ULTRA web site and maybe I will gain some insight.

If you have time please let me know if any of this sounds familiar to you or if I'm heading in the wrong direction.

Thanks in advance.....................Kent

You are going at this the right way. The motherboard should have documentation on where you can plug in the front panel wires to on the mobo. This can look intimidating, but in fact it is quite easy. Each case has there little idiocincricies (spelling?). Most of the connection points are detailed in the mobo manual, so hopefully this is true. If I get some more time (since I'm a work), I'll try and see if I can find a manual online and hopefully direct you to the connections, unless you've already figured that out.

fanfuzz

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
Lunyone don't bother with the on line manual. I've got pretty good at finding all that in the last few days.

I have filled my cart on newegg ($936.09 including tax/shipping). All I need now is to get the okay from Momma. I will be going down stairs now to see if she needs anything done. (I hope my dog is not being a bitch).

Wish me luck, I'm sure you will hear from me when I get some parts in.

Thanks.................Kent

Sounds good! Hope things go well. I tried looking online for the manual, but it seems to be missing from the manufacturers website (not seeing it). Hope your install goes well! It looks like the front panel display connections would go right next to the SATA connectors on the motherboard, on the outer edged of the mobo. The case PSU looks like it should be fine for what your doing. Not sure how well the Ultra case is, but I'm sure you'll let us know.