Just installed 7600gt, what software do I need?

Noya

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Hi, I just installed a 7600gt in my PC. I know I shouldn't use the CD's that came with it, so, what should I use and where do I download them from?

CoD 2 runs after just plugging the card in and turning the PC on, if that matters...

Have you considered drivers from nVidia's website?

Okay, I decided to visit nVidia's website. To my surprise they do not list any drivers for the GeForce series other than the 8800 series and the "Go 7 series" for their mobile GPUs.

I am pretty sure the latest driver for the the GeForce 7 series is 93.71 which can be found in the following link. I'm not positive since I use an ATI card.

http://en-drivers.com/30/32/13884.driver.html

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Have you considered drivers from nVidia's website?

Okay, I decided to visit nVidia's website. To my surprise they do not list any drivers for the GeForce series other than the 8800 series and the "Go 7 series" for their mobile GPUs.

I am pretty sure the latest driver for the the GeForce 7 series is 93.71 which can be found in the following link. I'm not positive since I use an ATI card.

http://en-drivers.com/30/32/13884.driver.html

What do you mean there are no drivers for the geforce series?? they are the first option on the page.
Step1:
"Graphics Driver"
Step2:
"Geforce and TNT2"
Step3:
"whaterver the guy's OS is"

You are right about the 93.71 being the latest version, though.

Noya

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
I guess I'll go for them.

I can't recall, but I think I remember reading somewhere that the drivers released right before the 93.71 were smoother running, and since a 7600gt isn't going to be running the newest games anyway...oh well.

What temp monitoring tool do you Nvidia users recommend?

With the case open and my hand next to the exhaust, it feels pretty warm when gaming. The CPU doesn't let of near as much heat. I just really want to know if the card is up to spec before sending the UPC off for the rebate.

In FutureMark 05 (I think), the graphics received a score of right at 5,000. Does that seem about right for this card?

Thanks.

dj_taboo

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
I think the 8800s are listed differently because they are dx10 cards. But yeah, the drivers are under "GeForce and TNT2". Ntune is located under software, not drivers. As for temp moitoring, i usually use SpeedFan or the monitor program from Ntune.