Connectivity

Prib

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2003
ok i am really confused about what is going on with my router and any advice would be greatly recived.

ok i have a netgear rangemax wireless router with a netgear ethernet adsl modem plugged into it ( i dunno if that is what is causing the problems).

it all connects fine and i can use the wireless but every now and gain the web browser stops working and says it is unable to connect to which ever address i am trying to access, however the actual connection never drops as any download i have going still download as normal. if i leave it a while the problem corrects itself or if i reboot the router it corrects itself. this problem occurs with which ever web browser i use and when if stops working i cant even access the router. this happens on all machines i have used on it and they all go at the same time.

dallas-lv

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
and when if stops working i cant even access the router. this happens on all machines i have used on it and they all go at the same time.

Can you ping router ip address and/or do you see router MAC addres when it happens ?