Upgrade from NT4

I have an NT4 PDC that I want to retire.
I have a new server and Win2003 server.
I want to upgrade the NT domain to Active Directory but I need to keep the
new server name the same as the old NT4 ( I will be taking the NT4 offline
when done)

How do I do this?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrade
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    On the new server remove Win 2k3 and install NT 4.0 on it as a BDC while
    connected to your existing network.
    Give it a temporary name and IP address. User accounts will be replicated
    automatically.
    Use robocopy or Scopy to copy files from the old server to the new server.
    Promote to PDC, remove the old PDC (now BDC) from the domain, rename and
    change the IP address of the new server to match the removed server and
    reboot.

    Now upgrade the new PDC to Win 2k3 and AD.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "TechSupport" <tteecchhssuuppoorrtt@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have an NT4 PDC that I want to retire.
    > I have a new server and Win2003 server.
    > I want to upgrade the NT domain to Active Directory but I need to keep the
    > new server name the same as the old NT4 ( I will be taking the NT4
    offline
    > when done)
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > Thanks

Servers Microsoft Active Directory Windows