Sign in with
Your question

when x1950 xt will be affordable ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 20, 2007 3:38:20 AM

Hi,
When do you think X1950 XT will be around 150$ ? :D  :D  :D 
I'm trying to see if I better go with a cheaper card or wait a couple months and get the X1950 XT around 150$

More about : x1950 affordable

March 20, 2007 4:06:36 AM

The 1950xt will never reach that price point .

The reason for this is the Demand supply stuff .

I would suggest buy a nice shiny new Dx10 card from Nvidia or ATI .

The sad part is that i am a fan o f ATI but couldn't hold on for their new cards , so i bought the 8800 gts 320 mb

This is my first Nvidia card . I must admit though the card is solid . :) 

Ati they have much better drivers . I have had the 9800,9600,9200, x1800 gto all gr8 cards.

Also i like rooting for the under dog :) 
March 20, 2007 5:27:54 AM

Quote:

I would hold off on any DX10 cards for now as the prices are still dropping and basicly nothing uses DX10.
Also to use DX10 you need Vista which alot of people have learned to avoid over it's DRM and overall (yet slight) drop in game fps.
Microsoft has already said in the news that Vista will be replaced at end of 2008 (two years of sales).

Myself I will save my hard earned money untill I have a real need to spend it.

Right now if you fell you must upgrade and your system is 1-3 years old CPU's/RAM/GFX cards and even MB's for such systems are at an all time low and not only offer the best "bang for buck" but many more years of good service.
Related resources
March 20, 2007 6:15:01 AM

Quote:

I would hold off on any DX10 cards for now as the prices are still dropping and basicly nothing uses DX10.
Also to use DX10 you need Vista which alot of people have learned to avoid over it's DRM and overall (yet slight) drop in game fps.
Microsoft has already said in the news that Vista will be replaced at end of 2008 (two years of sales).

Myself I will save my hard earned money untill I have a real need to spend it.

Right now if you fell you must upgrade and your system is 1-3 years old CPU's/RAM/GFX cards and even MB's for such systems are at an all time low and not only offer the best "bang for buck" but many more years of good service.

Do you want to take advice from someone who can't even spell "feel" .

Just kidding :lol:  No but seriously guys its not just about Dx10 .

I love Oblivion on Uber settings ..Hell yea :D  or Fear with everything on ultra high ..see what i am talking about . Dx 10 games are not going to be around in any sort of majority till mid 2008 , early 2009 .

So in that case you can just relax till about 2010 ..when it will be a good investment LMAO :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
March 20, 2007 8:09:13 AM

Quote:
Hi,
When do you think X1950 XT will be around 150$ ? :D  :D  :D 
I'm trying to see if I better go with a cheaper card or wait a couple months and get the X1950 XT around 150$

Just as slashzapper said: never.

Well, it will reach that price point, but only as a second hand card. For comparison, check nvidias 7800 series. They are old high end, but you won´t get them new for less than 150$ dollars. If you can live with a used card you have a chance of seeing it happen, but it will be at a time when the 1900XT will really only be worth that money. At that time there will be faster mid-range cards for the same money. That´s how it works.
March 20, 2007 3:04:04 PM

By the time you can find those for $150, there will probably be something else in that price range that will be better. That being said, they could most certainly be considered "affordable" at the price they're at now. Damn good bang for the buck.
a c 359 U Graphics card
March 20, 2007 3:18:30 PM

Yeah, $200 for a X1950XT isn't really that bad.
!