internet problems

I just upgraded my old laptop to 2000. I could not
connect to the internet, so I reinstalled Earthlink Total
Access from an old disk. I am now connected, but the
system crashes when I try to download updates to the
Earthlink program. The error message says something
about nt authority, and then identifies lsass.exe. Can
someone help?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about internet problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    These may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=826955
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.d.html

    Also these ones.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-011.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-012.mspx

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Michael Riggs" wrote:
    |I just upgraded my old laptop to 2000. I could not
    | connect to the internet, so I reinstalled Earthlink Total
    | Access from an old disk. I am now connected, but the
    | system crashes when I try to download updates to the
    | Earthlink program. The error message says something
    | about nt authority, and then identifies lsass.exe. Can
    | someone help?
    |
    | Thanks

Microsoft Internet Windows