Win 2K directory

FB

I upgraded to Win2K and it created a 'D' directory in my
PC with copy of a bunch of files. How can I get rid of it
and recover all that memory space ?

A 'D' directory is not part of a normal install of Windows 2000

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"FB" wrote:
|I upgraded to Win2K and it created a 'D' directory in my
| PC with copy of a bunch of files. How can I get rid of it
| and recover all that memory space ?

I think I might have chosen to create a back up directoy,
but I do not need it.
Can I re-format 'D' and use the memory space from 'C'?

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

>"FB" wrote:
>|I upgraded to Win2K and it created a 'D' directory in my
>| PC with copy of a bunch of files. How can I get rid of
it
>| and recover all that memory space ?
>|

>.

If you mean you created a second partition. You'll need to use Partition
Magic or equal or possibly.

HOW TO: Expand the Boot Partition During a Windows 2000 Upgrade
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=289876

What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952