2000 File Server to 2003 File Server

KD

Hi. I want to blow away our 2000 server and install 2003
on the same server with a fresh install. Then copy all
the data back but need a way to get all the shares back.
In the past we used the following registry key which
works but we are looking for a supported way from
Microsoft or a better way if anyone knows one. Thanks.

Key: Export the following registry key to a REG file.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanm
anserver\Shares"

Once you rebuild the new server, double-click the REG
file to import the share information and then restart the
SERVER service.