Shortcuts

I have been doing extensive cleanup and arranging of my
folders in Win Eplorerer and now I get double shortcuts
whenever I create a new one. When I select one for
deletion they both are removed. What have I done? Thanks

You didn't say so I'll assume the desktop. Run regedt32.exe and have a look
at the Reg_Expand_Sz string values of

"Desktop"
found in
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
(should be) %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
and

"Common Desktop"
found in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
(should be) %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop

Sound like they're pointing to the same place.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]