FR/LG Move Tutor?

Is there a move tutor in FR? Not the ones who teach a specific move ..
but one who reteaches moves a 'mon has forgotten?

If yes .. where is he located?

Thanks!

~misty
--
http://mistymage.com
5 answers Last reply

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:43:28 -0600, in
    <3158-4228BA60-93@storefull-3318.bay.webtv.net>
    misty mage scrawled:

    >Is there a move tutor in FR? Not the ones who teach a specific move ..
    >but one who reteaches moves a 'mon has forgotten?
    >
    >If yes .. where is he located?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >~misty

    Yes, he's called the Move Maniac, and he's located
    on Two Island, next to the Game Corner. You will
    need mushrooms (two tiny or one big) for each move.
    Steal the mushrooms from Paras/Parasect.

    Mick wrote:
    > On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:43:28 -0600, in
    > <3158-4228BA60-93@storefull-3318.bay.webtv.net>
    > misty mage scrawled:
    >
    >> Is there a move tutor in FR? Not the ones who teach a specific move
    >> .. but one who reteaches moves a 'mon has forgotten?
    >>
    >> If yes .. where is he located?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> ~misty
    >
    > Yes, he's called the Move Maniac, and he's located
    > on Two Island, next to the Game Corner. You will
    > need mushrooms (two tiny or one big) for each move.
    > Steal the mushrooms from Paras/Parasect.

    Thank you! I forgot all about the Islands. <sigh> First i had to catch an
    abra.. then go back and get the thief TM .. now I'm trying to find paras
    ...and of course all that is showing up are ratatas and birds.

    I wish my son wouldn't be in such a hurry .. never looks around.. always has
    only 1 strong pokemon (in this case Charizard) .. and then wonders why he
    can't beat the Elite 4.
    --
    http://mistymage.com/webtvretro/Home.html
    Or

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:27:20 -0600, in
    <42290bb6_3@x-privat.org>
    ~misty scrawled:

    >Mick wrote:
    >> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:43:28 -0600, in
    >> <3158-4228BA60-93@storefull-3318.bay.webtv.net>
    >> misty mage scrawled:
    >>
    >>> Is there a move tutor in FR? Not the ones who teach a specific move
    >>> .. but one who reteaches moves a 'mon has forgotten?
    >>>
    >>> If yes .. where is he located?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>
    >>> ~misty
    >>
    >> Yes, he's called the Move Maniac, and he's located
    >> on Two Island, next to the Game Corner. You will
    >> need mushrooms (two tiny or one big) for each move.
    >> Steal the mushrooms from Paras/Parasect.
    >
    >Thank you! I forgot all about the Islands. <sigh> First i had to catch an
    >abra.. then go back and get the thief TM ..

    I usually like a 'mon with "Covet", as you get more PPs (40-64 as
    apposed to 10-16 with Thief). Of course, Covet won't work on ghost
    types, it being Normal. The only 'mon that (naturally) learns Covet
    in FR/LG is Snorlax (Lvl 42), but you could also use Zigzagoon,
    Linoone, Slakoth, Slaking, Skitty, Illumise traded from Ruby/Sapphire.
    Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion or Poochyena/Mightyena can also
    learn Covet as egg moves (takes time, I know).

    > now I'm trying to find paras
    >..and of course all that is showing up are ratatas and birds.

    You will find Paras in Mount Moon or Safari Zone, and Parasect
    in Safari Zone or Cerulean cave. You will need strong 'mons if
    you go to Cerulean cave -- most wild 'mons are over level 49; some
    are over level 60 -- a great training ground.

    >I wish my son wouldn't be in such a hurry .. never looks around.. always has
    >only 1 strong pokemon (in this case Charizard) .. and then wonders why he
    >can't beat the Elite 4.

    That sounds just like my son!

    Mick wrote:
    > On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:27:20 -0600, in
    > <42290bb6_3@x-privat.org>
    > ~misty scrawled:
    >
    >> Mick wrote:
    >>> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:43:28 -0600, in
    >>> <3158-4228BA60-93@storefull-3318.bay.webtv.net>
    >>> misty mage scrawled:

    >>> Yes, he's called the Move Maniac, and he's located
    >>> on Two Island, next to the Game Corner. You will
    >>> need mushrooms (two tiny or one big) for each move.
    >>> Steal the mushrooms from Paras/Parasect.
    >>
    >> Thank you! I forgot all about the Islands. <sigh> First i had to
    >> catch an abra.. then go back and get the thief TM ..
    >
    > I usually like a 'mon with "Covet", as you get more PPs (40-64 as
    > apposed to 10-16 with Thief). Of course, Covet won't work on ghost
    > types, it being Normal. The only 'mon that (naturally) learns Covet
    > in FR/LG is Snorlax (Lvl 42), but you could also use Zigzagoon,
    > Linoone, Slakoth, Slaking, Skitty, Illumise traded from Ruby/Sapphire.
    > Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion or Poochyena/Mightyena can also
    > learn Covet as egg moves (takes time, I know).
    >
    >> now I'm trying to find paras
    >> ..and of course all that is showing up are ratatas and birds.
    >
    > You will find Paras in Mount Moon or Safari Zone, and Parasect
    > in Safari Zone or Cerulean cave. You will need strong 'mons if
    > you go to Cerulean cave -- most wild 'mons are over level 49; some
    > are over level 60 -- a great training ground.

    I finally found that out (about Mt.Moon) .. if you go into the first ladder
    down there are low level Paras... like level 7. I snagged 3 tiny mushrooms
    and taught Charizard flamethrower (instead of firespin). I leveled up my
    Gyrados to 36 .. everyone else was 50 or higher..and beat the Elite 4! It
    would have been even nicer if I would have had the Amulet Coin _before_ I
    did all that work. Got it now though :-)

    Got the Ruby .. and I'll let my Boy do the rest .. I'm betting the other Gem
    is a Sapphire... just an odd feeling :-D

    >> I wish my son wouldn't be in such a hurry .. never looks around..
    >> always has only 1 strong pokemon (in this case Charizard) .. and
    >> then wonders why he can't beat the Elite 4.
    >
    > That sounds just like my son!

    Now I get to do the same thing with my middle boy's game (he has Leaf
    Green). It'll be a lot quicker now tht I know where half the the stuff is
    that I'll need. Plus I figured out the two must have traded some 'mon ..
    Farfetch'd is in the FRed 'dex but nowhere to be found in his Boxes. He
    gets Thief at level 21 IIRC. One less thing to do!

    Thanks for the help ... I looked everywhere at google for this info but all
    that kept coming up were the "move tutors" and they were not what I wanted
    at all.

    --
    http://mistymage.com/webtvretro/Home.html
    Or
    http://chgala.com/Aproject/main.html
    To email me use newsgroups At mistymage Dot com

    On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:30:11 -0600, in
    <4229df4c_5@x-privat.org>
    ~misty scrawled:

    >Mick wrote:
    <snip>
    >> You will find Paras in Mount Moon or Safari Zone, and Parasect
    >> in Safari Zone or Cerulean cave. You will need strong 'mons if
    >> you go to Cerulean cave -- most wild 'mons are over level 49; some
    >> are over level 60 -- a great training ground.
    >>

    >I finally found that out (about Mt.Moon) .. if you go into the first ladder
    >down there are low level Paras... like level 7. I snagged 3 tiny mushrooms
    >and taught Charizard flamethrower (instead of firespin). I leveled up my
    >Gyrados to 36 .. everyone else was 50 or higher..and beat the Elite 4! It
    >would have been even nicer if I would have had the Amulet Coin _before_ I
    >did all that work. Got it now though :-)

    Great. Now you have the amulet coin -- if you didn't already
    know -- you can go to 5 island and surf to the north (Resort
    Gorgeous?). You will find two people who will pay mega money
    for battles. :)

    <snip>
    >Now I get to do the same thing with my middle boy's game (he has Leaf
    >Green). It'll be a lot quicker now tht I know where half the the stuff is
    >that I'll need. Plus I figured out the two must have traded some 'mon ..
    >Farfetch'd is in the FRed 'dex but nowhere to be found in his Boxes. He
    >gets Thief at level 21 IIRC. One less thing to do!

    Farfetch'd also learns False Swipe (lvl 46); great for those hard
    to catch 'mons. Marowak is an alternative (lvl 39), especially
    against electric (Zapdos) types.

    >Thanks for the help ... I looked everywhere at google for this info but all
    >that kept coming up were the "move tutors" and they were not what I wanted
    >at all.

    You're quite welcome.

LG Games Nintendo Video Games