Slipstreaming

I'm attempting to build a corporate Windows 2000 setup disk incorporating SP4 and all relevant WindowsUpdate patches (IE6SP1, DirectX9...).

However, we're using an upgrade CD (don't have a full version Win2K Pro disk) and such this requires the presence of a 'previous version' for an upgrade check.

How can I include this previous version on the slipstreamed CD so when we run setup we only have to have the Win2K Pro CD?
What is checked on the 'old version CD', in this case a Win98SE disk, that needs to be on the new Win2KProSP4 disk?

I've attempted to build a disk and contains the entire Win98 directory on it but the upgrade still insisted I insert the previous version in the drive for the upgrade to continue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:04:01 -0700, "Brandon"
<Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm attempting to build a corporate Windows 2000 setup disk incorporating SP4 and all relevant WindowsUpdate patches (IE6SP1, DirectX9...).
>
>However, we're using an upgrade CD (don't have a full version Win2K Pro disk) and such this requires the presence of a 'previous version' for an upgrade check.
>
>How can I include this previous version on the slipstreamed CD so when we run setup we only have to have the Win2K Pro CD?
>What is checked on the 'old version CD', in this case a Win98SE disk, that needs to be on the new Win2KProSP4 disk?
>
>I've attempted to build a disk and contains the entire Win98 directory on it but the upgrade still insisted I insert the previous version in the drive for the upgrade to continue.
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks

I am unable to assist you with your problem, but I am also attempting
to build a Slipstreaming W2k disk. A problem I have is that when not
looking my daughter let my 3 year old grandson get into my computer
disks. He damaged my original W2k disk so that about 4 programs can't
be found. I have a backup made with Ghost, but that was prior to
system changes, that I didn't Ghost. Any one have an idea how I can
recover the missing files, or find them some where? Thanks.