Sign in with
Your question

First post : Windows Vista Ultimate performance issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 20, 2007 12:25:15 PM

Hi everybody ,i`m new here & this is my first post.
i live in an island named "Kish" ,it`s south of middle east (south of Iran)
Last week i went to Tehran (center of Iran) to see someone.
when i wanted to go back to my home i saw something unbelievable...in the Tehran`s big computer shopping mall they sell Windows Vista Ultimate Full Version for ONLY 5$ 8O(MR.Gate should cry...)
i just bought one & some new games (Test Drive Unlimited,Infernal,Supreme Commander &...) & leaved Iran.
i installed the Windows Vista Ultimate(its fully activated) & have some big problems :
first of all the windows doesnt know my Sound Card (my mobo has an onboard Creative Audigy SE) & the MSI web site doesnt have the Windows Vista driver...what should i do ??
second & the most important thing is the 3DMark05 score.with Windows XP Pro Service pack 2 i got 11200 points in 3DMark05 but in this shiny new windows i just got 9700Point...what is wrong??Newer Windows = Lower Performance ??should i switch back to Windows XP Service Pack 2 ??
i will be very thankful for any reply.
my system spec : AMD 64 939 2.7GHz with an akasa evo33 CPU cooler ,MSI K8N Neo 4 Diamond Plus ,MSI RX1900XTX ,2Gb DDR400MHz ,a 80Gb S-ATA HDD ,OCZ GXS 600Watt ,no Floppy
a c 363 U Graphics card
March 20, 2007 2:39:01 PM

Congratulations.

You have just bought an illegal copy of Windows Vista.

Anywaste there are a lot of known issues with Windows Vista:

1. Slower game performance
2. Lack of many drivers

The best suggestion is to back to Windows XP and wait for better / more drivers to be released.
!