in rubby

In rubby where do you find the seel like pokemon?

The sight I went to had it listed as in shole cave but I don't seam to
find that listed in the game.

--
Richard The Blind Typer
Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, richard e white wrote:
    > In rubby where do you find the seel like pokemon?
    >
    > The sight I went to had it listed as in shole cave but I don't seam to
    > find that listed in the game.

    The Pokemon you refer to is Spheal (which evolves into Sealeo and then
    into the best non-legendary Water [and Ice] Pokemon there is: Walrein) and
    is found in the Shoal Cave that can be found when you Surf to the north of
    Mossdeep City. While there, search around for the icy room so you can pick
    up a Snorunt. (Snorunts, and their evolved form of Glaile, aren't that
    great, but...)

    Once upon a time Joseph William Dixon decided to write:

    > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, richard e white wrote:
    >> In rubby where do you find the seel like pokemon?
    >>
    >> The sight I went to had it listed as in shole cave but I don't seam
    >> to find that listed in the game.
    >
    > The Pokemon you refer to is Spheal (which evolves into Sealeo and
    > then into the best non-legendary Water [and Ice] Pokemon there is:
    > Walrein)

    Which attribute makes Walrein so good? I have noticed that it seems to
    resist it weaknesses somewhat with either HP or defences. One problem is
    that it's slow, so it can get knocked out before it moves in two on two
    battles. Isn't Lapras better though?

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Chriz wrote:
    > > The Pokemon you refer to is Spheal (which evolves into Sealeo and
    > > then into the best non-legendary Water [and Ice] Pokemon there is:
    > > Walrein)
    >
    > Which attribute makes Walrein so good? I have noticed that it seems to
    > resist it weaknesses somewhat with either HP or defences. One problem is
    > that it's slow, so it can get knocked out before it moves in two on two
    > battles. Isn't Lapras better though?

    NAME HP ATK DEF SPD SATK SDEF
    ==== == === === === ==== ====
    Lapras 130 85 80 60 85 95
    Walrein 110 80 90 65 95 90

    Hmmm. Forgot about Lapras. :P Not used to having them yet - haven't
    played much FR/LG, just R/S. :) Of course, it's also in Ruby that the
    question was about, which helped make me forget. :)

    Okay, Lapras has better HP, Attack and Special Defense, though, as you can
    see, not by much in the latter two cases. Walrein's better stats are also
    not too much higher - but there should be a noticible difference on the STAB
    offense in Walrein's advantage. Their movesets're about the same as well.

    As for Speed, that might be a factor in 2-player, but in story mode, I've
    taken a level 50 Walrein, using just Surf and Ice Beam, and used him to wipe
    the dragon trainer and Steven, with the only time more than one move's been
    needed being on the latter's Metagross. :P

    Once upon a time Joseph William Dixon decided to write:

    > On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Chriz wrote:
    >>> The Pokemon you refer to is Spheal (which evolves into Sealeo and
    >>> then into the best non-legendary Water [and Ice] Pokemon there is:
    >>> Walrein)
    >>
    >> Which attribute makes Walrein so good? I have noticed that it seems
    >> to resist it weaknesses somewhat with either HP or defences. One
    >> problem is that it's slow, so it can get knocked out before it moves
    >> in two on two battles. Isn't Lapras better though?
    >
    > NAME HP ATK DEF SPD SATK SDEF
    > ==== == === === === ==== ====
    > Lapras 130 85 80 60 85 95
    > Walrein 110 80 90 65 95 90
    >
    > Hmmm. Forgot about Lapras. :P Not used to having them yet - haven't
    > played much FR/LG, just R/S. :) Of course, it's also in Ruby that the
    > question was about, which helped make me forget. :)
    >
    > Okay, Lapras has better HP, Attack and Special Defense, though, as
    > you can see, not by much in the latter two cases. Walrein's better
    > stats are also not too much higher - but there should be a noticible
    > difference on the STAB offense in Walrein's advantage. Their
    > movesets're about the same as well.
    >
    > As for Speed, that might be a factor in 2-player, but in story mode,
    > I've taken a level 50 Walrein, using just Surf and Ice Beam, and used
    > him to wipe the dragon trainer and Steven, with the only time more
    > than one move's been needed being on the latter's Metagross. :P

    Have you played Colosseum? I'm having trouble at the final level 50 battle
    and the first level 100 battle in Colosseum mode. I use my Ruby level 100
    team and only recently tried to use my level 50 Ruby team as well after
    using a mediocre level 50 team from Colosseum. Anyway, what's the final
    "???" section in Colosseum?

    Chriz wrote:

    >>>Which attribute makes Walrein so good? I have noticed that it seems
    >>>to resist it weaknesses somewhat with either HP or defences. One
    >>>problem is that it's slow, so it can get knocked out before it moves
    >>>in two on two battles. Isn't Lapras better though?
    >>
    >>NAME HP ATK DEF SPD SATK SDEF
    >>==== == === === === ==== ====
    >>Lapras 130 85 80 60 85 95
    >>Walrein 110 80 90 65 95 90
    >>
    >> Hmmm. Forgot about Lapras. :P Not used to having them yet - haven't
    >>played much FR/LG, just R/S. :) Of course, it's also in Ruby that the
    >>question was about, which helped make me forget. :)
    >>
    >> Okay, Lapras has better HP, Attack and Special Defense, though, as
    >>you can see, not by much in the latter two cases. Walrein's better
    >>stats are also not too much higher - but there should be a noticible
    >>difference on the STAB offense in Walrein's advantage. Their
    >>movesets're about the same as well.
    >>
    >> As for Speed, that might be a factor in 2-player, but in story mode,
    >>I've taken a level 50 Walrein, using just Surf and Ice Beam, and used
    >>him to wipe the dragon trainer and Steven, with the only time more
    >>than one move's been needed being on the latter's Metagross. :P
    >

    > Have you played Colosseum? I'm having trouble at the final level 50 battle
    > and the first level 100 battle in Colosseum mode. I use my Ruby level 100
    > team and only recently tried to use my level 50 Ruby team as well after
    > using a mediocre level 50 team from Colosseum. Anyway, what's the final
    > "???" section in Colosseum?

    It's a level 100 Orre Coliseum. Or so i've heard.

Nintendo Video Games