Sign in with
Your question

Almost feels like newegg is trying to screw me?

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
August 31, 2011 9:01:56 AM

Before i begin i just wanted to say this is my first problem ever with newegg, and that even though i am really frustrated with what im going through with them i have been buying products from them for at least 6 months now. Their customer service has also been very great to me so far.

Lets begin. Alright so I ordered a package deal from newegg. The order was a gigabyte mobo, an oem version of windows, and an AMD 1090t thuban 6-core processor. I ordered the processor NEW not OPENED. So I get the package and see that the box looks like its been thrown into charcoal because of the black residue all over it, and it's already been opened. It wasn't even subtle the sticker was ripped already, and the processor looked like thermal paste had already been wiped clean from it before. So without even trying to use it i call up newegg, and ask them whats up. They were very nice and polite giving me a free shipping RMA, and replaced the processor sending it by air. Hours later I print off what i thought was the free shipping label, and ran to UPS. The guy told me i don't have the label. So i run back home, and have to call newegg again telling them that i didn't get the email. They sent me the email, i printed off the label, and went back to UPS. The guy taped up the box, taped the label to it, and off it went giving me a sense of comfort. Yesterday i got an email saying this.

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks again for shopping at Newegg.com.

We recently received your RMA, and your return was then sent to our Inspections Department for closer examination. We regret to inform you that your return is incomplete and cannot be processed as received.

Incomplete return

All items returned to Newegg must be received in their entirety 100% complete to process RMA, item cannot be processed as received.

Return is missing:

1. AMD CPU Chip

***PLEASE NOTIFY US OF YOUR COMPLIANCE PRIOR TO RETURNING THE REQUIRED MISSING ITEM(S), IF NOTICE IS NOT RECEIVED WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS WE WILL CLOSE THIS RMA AND RETURN THE ITEM TO YOU***

Please return the item(s) to the same address and reference the same RMA number. We also strongly recommend avoiding shipping the item(s) in a standard envelope as many times the package is empty when it arrives at our facility.

9997 E. Rose Hills Rd.

Whittier, Ca 90601

http://www.newegg.com/Info/ReturnPolicy.aspx

NEWEGG.COM RETURN GUIDELINES

“Please save all packaging and accessories for any item that is returned to Newegg.com. All original equipment, components, manuals, cables, documents and packaging must be returned with your item in order for Newegg.com to process your RMA.”

We cannot fully process your RMA without the missing accessories because our vendor will not accept incomplete returns; if the missing items are not available, the best option may be to contact the manufacturer directly for repair/replacement.

We will hold this RMA open for 3 business days.

*** We need you to reply directly to rmainspect@newegg.com (please include your RMA#) or call us at (800) 390-1119 and let us know when you will be sending in the missing accessories. ***

If after 3 business days we have not had any contact from you by email or by phone, we will close this RMA and return the item to you. It should arrive back to you in approximately 5 - 10 business days.

If you have any questions or concerns, please direct your inquiries to rmainspect@newegg.com or call 1-800-390-1119 during regular business hours for immediate assistance.

Kindest regards,

Newegg.com

RMA Inspections Department

rmainspect@newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com

This email was sent from Newegg's Automated Email System so please do not reply.

9997 East Rose Hills Road

Whittier, CA 90601

T: 800.390.1119 ~ F: 909.395.8907

ONCE YOU KNOW, YOU NEWEGG.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is only for the person(s) named above. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the person(s) named above, or responsible for delivering it to that person(s), be aware that disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication is strictly PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, or are uncertain as to its proper handling, please immediately notify us by telephone and mail the original to us at the above address.

What? That's impossible seeing as to how I made sure that everything was in there especially the biggest part the actual processor. The fact that they told me that i would be charged for both products if i didn't return the defective product was one of the reasons why i made sure to send it back immediately, and i made sure EVERYTHING was packed. I even packed it just like it was sent to me. I don't understand how the processor could be missing. My worry is that they will try to say the processor is not there, and rip another 169 bucks out of my bank which i don't have. I have been putting every paycheck i get into buying new parts for my computer, and i was even going to be buying more products from new egg seeing as i still have lots more things i want to buy for my computer at least another 800$, but if this goes sour i will never buy from newegg again sadly. I will keep posting in this thread about the progress of my rma frustration.

More about : feels newegg screw

August 31, 2011 7:48:56 PM

Called Newegg today, and they said that they would honor the RMA by processing it anyways. It really makes me kind of mad that the processor was somehow lost along the way when i made sure to pack it in there. Probably means someone stole it along the way which isn't fair to me or Newegg.

Thanks for all your help Newegg, I'm sorry that this wasn't a happy ending for you guys, but i will be spending at least 800$ more on you guys so hopefully that will make things better between us? :) 

p.s. It makes me just as mad that the processor chip is missing which leads me to think someone stole it out of the package.
August 31, 2011 8:01:02 PM

It was the UPS guy! :whistle: 

Anyway, glad they honored the rma anyway.
Related resources
August 31, 2011 8:03:54 PM

At least the RMA went through.
August 31, 2011 8:08:33 PM

Quote:
It was the UPS guy! :whistle: 

Anyway, glad they honored the rma anyway.

I bet it was the UPS guy. Reminds me of a very expensive lens that I rented rather than buying. My package showed up looking sealed, there was a little bag that the lens should have been inside of, but in my case it was a brick!
August 31, 2011 8:55:06 PM

If it was the UPS guy how could I make sure that doesn't happen in the future? Or how could i prove that he stole it?
August 31, 2011 9:20:52 PM

It's hard. Never ever tell these guys what your shipping. My uncle shipped a collection of old coins worth $200 and our cousin got a box of cement pieces..

It's nearly impossible to prove that he stole it tbh. At least newegg took care of you!
August 31, 2011 9:27:23 PM

I wonder if the shady ups worker can give us a review on that chip
August 31, 2011 9:30:09 PM

This happened to me once to and is why I video me packing every RMA and then sealing the box with security tape now. unfortunately my outcome was the opposite of yours. And when I tape the box I tape every edge. No one will be getting in there without it being obvious.

edit - And at this point you should be like "WOW - NEWEGG IS SIMPLY THE BEST!!!! NEVER BUY ELSEWHERE!!"
August 31, 2011 9:42:33 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Opinions and Experiences by Mousemonkey
September 1, 2011 12:57:42 PM

i've never had any issues with the ups drivers or ups routing centers.

the ones i do not trust are the shady ones working in the ups stores.

to avoid trouble you should always pack everything up beforehand and avoid any lablels which make it obvious you are shipping something of value. printing e-labels takes the ups guy out of the picture entirely.
September 1, 2011 4:07:51 PM

Hi there Breachx47,

Thank you for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience caused by this uncommon situation, and we assure you that we would never intentionally cause for you to ever be dissatisfied with our services. I welcome you to please contact us with your order details to further investigate this matter and to review what options are available to you.
Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at Rick.N.McCarthy or by phone at 1-800-390-1119 ext. 25096.
September 1, 2011 9:14:24 PM

Newegg_Support said:
Hi there Breachx47,

Thank you for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience caused by this uncommon situation, and we assure you that we would never intentionally cause for you to ever be dissatisfied with our services. I welcome you to please contact us with your order details to further investigate this matter and to review what options are available to you.
Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at Rick.N.McCarthy or by phone at 1-800-390-1119 ext. 25096.

Thanks for taking the time to reply even after everything has been taken care of. You guys at Newegg really are top notch for your customers. I am very pleased with how you guys have treated me throughout this whole tangled mess. You have kept a customer, probably gained more customers through my recommendation, and can count on me spending my money on you because I now know you guys care about your customers above all else. Theres a lot of company's that claim this, but when things get tangled they'd rather just tell you sorry and leave you with a bad taste in your mouth rather than dealing with it. With Newegg I got nothing but help everytime I called, and that speaks volumes.
September 5, 2011 2:47:00 PM

This type of thing happens more often than you would think -- unfortunately there really is no way of finding out exactly where the removal of the CPU happened - the fact that Newegg still honored the RMA shows that it has probably been happening to more than just that package lately and I'm sure they are working with UPS to find where the things are disappearing - they can track exactly who handled the package along the way and will eventually find those responsible if it continues to happen but is very difficult to do until it begins to happen frequently.

There are a lot of dishonest people working at UPS and other shipping companies (including the USPS as well) that take things out of packages during shipping and resell them over the internet for extra cash - so it does happen and unfortunately proving it is what happened is always difficult as a sender since you do not have any record of other similar incidents and most companies figure it is easier to blame the missing part on the sender and try and charge you for it --- Good to see that Newegg believes in their customers and gave you the credit.
!