shortcut icon question

March 29, 2005 9:49:23 PM

can someone let me know how to put a shortcut to a website on my desktop
so that i can go directly to a site without having to go to
internet explorer first? is this possible?
i put a shortcut for ebay on my desktop but when i clicked on it it said
something about a program not being associated with it..
thanks for any help....
gail

hp 7920
windows xp
sp1
128 MB memory

More about : shortcut icon question

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 9:49:24 PM

In news:5529-4249E983-197@storefull-3114.bay.webtv.net,
Gail B <GailsShed@webtv.net> typed:

> can someone let me know how to put a shortcut to a website on
> my
> desktop so that i can go directly to a site without having to
> go to
> internet explorer first? is this possible?

In IE's address bar, to the left of the URL of the site, there's
a big "e." Drag that "e" to the desktop.

Please reply to the newsgroup
March 29, 2005 10:12:47 PM

If you're using Internet Explorer click on file/send/shortcut to desktop.

Robin

"Gail B" <GailsShed@webtv.net> wrote in message

> can someone let me know how to put a shortcut to a website on my desktop
> so that i can go directly to a site without having to go to
> internet explorer first? is this possible?
> i put a shortcut for ebay on my desktop but when i clicked on it it said
> something about a program not being associated with it..
> thanks for any help....
> gail
>
> hp 7920
> windows xp
> sp1
> 128 MB memory

March 29, 2005 11:40:01 PM

To create a desktop shortcut to the current page. Right click in the page
and then click Create Shortcut. Click OK when you get the [A shorcut to the
current page will be placed on your desktop.] message.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:5529-4249E983-197@storefull-3114.bay.webtv.net,
Gail B <GailsShed@webtv.net> hunted and pecked:
> can someone let me know how to put a shortcut to a website on my
> desktop so that i can go directly to a site without having to go to
> internet explorer first? is this possible?
> i put a shortcut for ebay on my desktop but when i clicked on it it
> said something about a program not being associated with it..
> thanks for any help....
> gail
>
> hp 7920
> windows xp
> sp1
> 128 MB memory
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 11:28:51 AM

someone emailed me and sent directions for putting my favorites on the
start menu and now i can go to a site without having to go thru IE...
thanks to all for your response..
this is a great group...
gail
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 11:00:16 PM

Thanks Ken. I didn't know that option existed.

Frank

> In news:5529-4249E983-197@storefull-3114.bay.webtv.net,
> Gail B <GailsShed@webtv.net> typed:
>
>> can someone let me know how to put a shortcut to a website on my
>> desktop so that i can go directly to a site without having to go to
>> internet explorer first? is this possible?
>

> In IE's address bar, to the left of the URL of the site, there's a big
> "e." Drag that "e" to the desktop.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 11:00:17 PM

In news:eIg7aVYNFHA.2468@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
FrankV <FrankV@anonymous.address> typed:

> Thanks Ken. I didn't know that option existed.

You're welcome, Frank. Glad to help.

!