Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Setup

Mandy

Hi I'm a Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional user, using
Service Pack 2.
I was trying to install SP3, but also installed Windows
2000 Pro which I
stopped midway.
Now everytime I startup, the options that I get to choose
from are
1) Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
2) Microsoft Windows
3) Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Setup
instead of the first two which I used to get formerly, I
want to get rid of the
third one - can u help,
Mahendra.

You cannot stop a Windows Installation during the middle of it. Ok you need
to edit your start up options.Go into the control panel and then go to the
system icon. Go to the advanced tab. Under the start up and recovery
button click it. To edit your startup up options and take away the one you
don't want click edit and a notepad screen will appear. Delete the line
that says Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Setup and delete the whole
line. After that save it when it asks you to. The restart your computer
and it should be gone.