TrueTenacity

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I've just built a machine using an intel DG965LT "Lemont" board and i can't for the life of me get the audio working...

It hasn't detected the audio hardware so naturally it can't install the drivers...

anyone know how the hell to do it???

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Check the BIOS and make sure the onboard audio is enabled. What happens when you install the audio drivers from the CD that came with the mobo?

TrueTenacity

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Okay,

Checked bios, it's the latest, and sound is enabled too...

When i install either the one from the cd or the one from the website, it gives me a "Device Object Error" and tells me to restart and try again... which also doesn't help...

If you go into the sound section of device manager, there's all the codecs and whatnot, but no actual audio hardware...

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Found this on the Intel site and may help.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-020642.htm

Couple of other things to try if you haven't. Delete any of the audio software from the Intel disk in Add/Remove Programs and Delete any audio drivers and try to install off the CD. Try a stand alone audio card and see if it works. Do a clean install of Windows again, I've had to do this in the past when I was having driver problems. If you do a clean install of Windows and run the Driver disk that came with he mobo immediately after the install and have the same problems there is a good chance the onboard sound card is bad and you'll have to send the board back.

TrueTenacity

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Right...

Board's going back then cos i've done all that a few times... currently runing on the 5th winxp install and nada...

thanks for the info....